Oakville Restaurants

TIMOTHY'S COFFEE

Best Rated Restaurants in Oakville

• Cafe Galleria: Nice Italian spot in downtown Oakville

by summertooth Written May 11, 2004

A cozy spot with great food, great service, and reasonable prices. What more could you want? I've dined here several times and the food never fails - it's simple yet elegant, and perfectly portioned.

It's no longer a "hidden gem" - you used to be able to just stroll in and find a table, but not anymore. I guess out-of-towners are discovering what Oakvillians have known for years - Cafe Galleria is the real deal.

Favorite Dish: You can't go wrong with the seafood pasta.

Tokyo Bay Sushi Bar & Grill: Yummy Sushi

by Babzz Written Apr 8, 2007

Authentic Japanese; fresh, quality fish; great variety; good service; unique atmosphere. Menu includes soups and appetizers, complete dinners (incl. teriyaki) , noodles, sushi, sashimi, maki (sushi rolls-what we westerners call sushi), and hand rolls.

Favorite Dish: Spicy tuna hand roll was delicious. Also really enjoyed the Rainbow maki. Dessert of fried banana with ice cream was simple but delicious.

Coriander Green: Good Indian Food

by Babzz Updated Apr 8, 2007

A nice, small restaurant in downtown Oakville. Pleasant atmosphere, bright, warm, Indian-themed decorations; excellent service; good food. Our first experience was excellent. They've made some changes to the menu recently that we were a bit disappointed with, but still good food. Bring back the water flavoured with cucumber slices!!

Favorite Dish: The rice and the naan bread are delicious. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. The curries are good. The butter chicken is ok, but I prefer a creamier version without tomato.

Trattoria Timone: Fine Dining at Its Best

by Babzz Updated Jan 8, 2007

An expensive Italian restaurant, but actually worth the money: excellent food, serving size, atmosphere, presentation, service. Perfect for those special occasions when you want to pamper yourself and/or loved ones.

Note: The restaurant is in the process (as of Jan 2007) of moving from its current location on Lakeshore Road to a new location on Vega Blvd in the AMC complex.

BUTCHERY AND SEAFOOD: A TASTY INFORMAL STOP

by Rich62 Updated Jul 4, 2010

THIS IS A VERY INFORMAL FOOD SHOP. There is no place to sit, but there are plenty of benches along the sidewalk that the city has provided. One half of the store is a butchers shop and the other a seafood shop.

Favorite Dish: For lunch we had a fish sandwich (today's choice was Tilapia or Salmon) plus a big cup of fish chowder (whitefish plus a little salmon). These items were $5 each, were well prepared (panini style) and tasty.

On the street right in front of the store was a vendor (see photo) selling some kind of special hot dogs or brots or something, and his line at times was 10 or 15 people long, so they must know something. I think he is connected to the store somehow.

CLICK THE PHOTO TO SEE MORE!

TASTY PLACE TO STOP ON THE SIDEWALK SEAFOOD SELECTION INTHE WINDOW TWO KEESHONDS ON THE SIDEWALK

• East Side Mario's in the Winston Park plaza: WORST BIRTHDAY DINNER I'VE EVER HAD

by mfinlay Written Jan 19, 2007

For my birthday dinner, I decided to go to East Side Mario's with the family.

I have never tasted coke so flat.
    My mother and I had the Ligunine Chicken Tettrazini and it was disgusting. It had absolutely no sauce, the noodles were hard still, and the mushrooms were as dry as they can be.
    My sister had the angel stir fry, and it had to be the most untasteful meal.
    My father had the new asparagus pasta dish and it was even more dry than my meal, not to mention LESS sauce than mine.

I have never had a meal out in public as horrible as East Side Mario's.
    I am so disappointed, and never want to step foot in that crap restaurant ever again.
    The fact that they would serve food like that - beyond me.

It completely ruined my night. And definitely not worth the money.

If you want to go somewhere that has no taste, dry, a very loud and obnoxious atmosphere, then this East Side Mario's location is just for you.

• travelgirl3's Profile Photo

Indian Food Restaurant: Fabulous Indian Food

by travelgirl3 Written Jan 4, 2005

I'm not kidding, it's really called 'Indian Food Restaurant'. But if the name isn't outstanding or inspiring, the food certainly is!! We have been fans of Indian food for a long time, and depending on where we were living, we always had 1 favourite. Oakville's Indian Food Restaurant outshines all but the absolute best.

Unfortunately, the restaurant isn't in the best location, and the decor desperately needs an update, but just squint your eyes, because you're there for the food, not the ambiance.

You can order from the menu, but they also offer a great lunch buffet from Tuesday to Sunday. I like to go on a lazy Sunday for brunch. The kids can help themselves, and get lots of what they like, which is usually Butter Chicken (the best), Tandoori Chicken, and naan. They also offer take-out, which is our favourite. We order lots, take in home, and enjoy it once, and save the leftovers for another feast a couple of days later. Yum!

Favorite Dish: My favourite has always been Butter Chicken, and this spot makes the best! Hubby's fave is Chicken Vindaloo, which is also excellent, but a little too spicy for me to eat more than a couple of bites. We were there recently, and had an excellent lentil soup, unlike any I had tried before. And, of course, Onion Bhajias!!

• Colborne Street Cafe: Best lunch spot on a cold day.

by ryan.canada Updated Oct 23, 2002

Best soup & sandwiches anywhere - great variety of lunches + they offer fresh baked everything & soup. Warm and inviting - best atmosphere to sit & have a coffee.

Favorite Dish: Ham & Swiss Sandwich on White Grilled with a side of Potato & Bacon soup.

.. you have to try it to understand.

TIMOTHY'S: A NICE COFFEE SHOP

by Rich62 Written May 27, 2009

TIMOTHY'S COFFEES ARE SERVED HERE.

Our only complaint: this is the only business we encountered during a six-day stay in the area which would not convert the Canadian price to the American price. (We tried to use Canadian money most of the time but happened to run out on the day we visited Timothy's)

Favorite Dish: Any of the coffee items.

TIMOTHY'S COFFEE TWO SATISFIED CUSTOMERS COFFEE, ANYONE?
    • Singles
    • Seniors
    • Women's Travel

Tim Horton's: The best coffee, pastries

by Rich62 Written Jul 4, 2010

When in Canada, we always stop at Tim Horton's. Fortunately, they seem to be everywhere!

Favorite Dish: Try the Canadian Maple filled roll. Also the sour creme doughnuts. yum.

A Toronto police officer told us that the coffee is so good because it is Cuban.

DECISIONS, DECISIONS.

• Eastside Mario's Winstonpark Drive: Most Humiliating experience EVER!

by jbenedict Written Nov 28, 2006

On Friday, I attended Eastside Mario's when Royal Bank's system crashed. I was unable to use my cards to pay for a $25 bill. Not only was I embarrassed because of the bank, I ended up being completely HUMILIATED in front of the entire restaurant when the OWNER, Dave, implied that I was lying about speaking with the bank about the crash. He would not let me use their phone to call the bank or my husband. He then got annoyed with me after I explain that all I had on me was debit, credit and personal cheques and said "I'm in the business to make money, this is not my problem, this is YOUR problem, my advice to you is to change banks". He then implied that if I paid with a personal cheque, it wouldn’t go through anyway.

I have never been disrespected like that in my life and I would strongly recommend that people boycott this restaurant until the owner learns the meaning of customer service and hospitality.

I have made a formal complaint to Eastside Mario’s however, as this is a franchise, they did not comment on the situation.

Favorite Dish: PLEASE BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!

• Cilantro: Malaysian food!

by deenie Updated Mar 13, 2007

I went on a business dinner, on an exceptionally cold night, so no dice on the smoked roast special, but I would definitely eat here again. Small restaurant, seems to be family owned. Exceptionally fresh food and a little off the beaten path. Malaysian is a mix of several Asian styles, so you'll probably find something on the menu that's good!

Favorite Dish: Definitely order the soups and a cup of honey & chrysanthemum tea to start if it's cold outside!

The Keg: STEAKS

by Rich62 Written Jul 4, 2010

Its a steakhouse but they also have seafood. High quality food and good service.

Favorite Dish: I had a seafood dish, maybe salmon? I don't remember, but it was good.

THE KEG
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Oakville

Comments

Oakville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Oakville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oakville sightseeing.