Autumn scenery, Ottawa

Know about this? Rate It!

Colors in Motion: reds
    by marielexoteria
    Colors in Motion: greens and yellows
    Colors in Motion: all together
  • marielexoteria's Profile Photo

colors on the way to Kingston

by marielexoteria Written Oct 3, 2008

Colors in Motion: reds

Favorite thing: Ottawa is very beautiful during autumn, and although we get the same color effect here in Sweden, being there really made me appreciate what I have here. These shots are far from perfect, as they were taken while on the road to Kingston and there's reflection and blur but I like them the way they are. I call them "Colors in Motion".

• duanestorey's Profile Photo

Fall in Ottawa

by duanestorey Updated Apr 11, 2003

Look at those colours!

Favorite thing: I grew up in Vancouver, BC, and while I love Vancouver dearly, my time in Ottawa made me realise that Vancouver was not perfect. Even though Vancouver has a climate to die for, there are only essentually two seasons in Vancouver: sunny and rainy. Living in Ottawa for two years opened by eyes to the other seasons as well, namely winter and autumn..

Fondest memory: My first autumn in Ottawa was amazing. There are whole websites dedicated to the changing colours of the leaves. I used to go outside with my camera every Sunday and take pictures of trees.. If you can make it to Ottawa around September or October, you'll see some of the most amazing autumn colours ever.

Here's a shot of the park near Somerset and Lyon (close to my friend Rob's house).

• National/State Park