Know about this? Rate It!
Silicon Valley North
Silicon Valley North. That's right. This is how some people know Ottawa. Why? Because Ottawa is the home for some of the World's biggest and most advanced information technology companies.
You probably heard of the company Corel, or Nortel networks. Perhaps JDS Uniphase and Cognos. There are many more to list, like Siemens, HP, Canon, Microsoft and the others. According to statistics 8 out of 10 homes in Ottawa has a computer and 6 out of those have Internet connection.
This means, we are very wired compared to other countries and cities around the World.
Did you know that out of all the countries on the World Canada's Government has the most on-line presence. You can even file your taxes on-line here.
You don't have to go too far to find a cyber cafÃ© or Internet bar. All libraries are connected to the Internet. Even prison inmates in Canada have access to the Web. Do your grocery shopping on-line and chat with friend and relatives overseas or next door.
- Business Travel
Silicon Valley North
Back in the day, Ottawa was called Silicon Valley North. Companies like Nortel, JDS Uniphase, Mitel, and Corel used to call this place home. I spent two years working at JDS Uniphase in Nepean. If you have time, drive around and check out some of the high-tech companies...
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Ottawa Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Jiuzhaigou Hotels
- Coffs Harbour Hotels
- Margaret River Hotels
- Nea Kallikratia
- San Luis Obispo Hotels
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Cleveland Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Pennsylvania Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path