Owen Sound Restaurants

by yooperprof

Most Recent Restaurants in Owen Sound

• Rocky Raccoon: WOW

by madmomma Written Dec 30, 2011

This place gave me a WOW experience. My partner and I had a wonderful meal at the Rocky Raccoon on the main street in Owen Sound. We stopped in without reservations for dinner. The chicken dish was excellent, seasoned as I like - which I never get. The chef came to the table to discuss the meal. The owner(I think) was there and he came over and spoke to us. Been a while since I was in a restaurant where they actually cared if my food was good. Kudos to the owner for making this a dining experience not just a place to eat.

• Business Travel

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

The Rusty Gull: Waterfront seafood haven

by yooperprof Updated Apr 4, 2011
    summer by the bay

Whenever I'm visiting a lakeside town in the middle of North America, I always head down to the waterfront and look for a bustling restaurant with good foods of the harbor and plenty of local cars in the parking lot. It's pretty much a sure-thing that I'll find fresh fish decently prepared in a place that the locals take pride in. The Rusty Gull fits that description perfectly.

I hadn't checked any of the travel guides - or even VT - before I came here. But I was certainly pleased with the nicely prepared local trout that I was served. (Just ask the server what the "catch of the day" is.) It was a pleasing warm afternoon, so I was able to sit out on the deck and watch all the little boaties float by.

Instant Answers: Owen Sound

Comments

Owen Sound Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Owen Sound restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Owen Sound sightseeing.