Parry Sound Off The Beaten Path

30,000 island tour

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Parry Sound

Airtour over the 30,000 island region

30,000 island tour

Parry sound is the starting point for a cruise throught the 30,000 island regions. Or maybe more original, take a scenic air tour. Hahaha, that is what I did, and it was great fun! In these 'off the beaten path' tips I want to show you some photos of this airtour.

The company I flew with is the islandair group. From their base by the Town Dock in Parry Sound Harbour, the flight takes you over the Parry Island swing bridge, along the narrow South Channel to the bigwater of Georgian Bay, over the Long Sault Straight and Olde Lighthouse. Then turning east, you fly along the North Channel to beautiful Killbear Park, Killbear Beach and Killbear Lighthouse.

View from the air

View over Parry Sound

View from the air over Parry Sound. As you maybe can see, Parry Sound isn't that spectacular. But it is nicely hidden inbetween the trees and right on the Georgian Bay. The location is what makes Parry Sound worth while going to, not the town itself.

Up in the air

by sim1 Written Nov 27, 2002

It's fun to see other airplanes take off from here, especially when you have been yourself! It makes me remind so much of my own experience, and I am getting the itch to go back up in the air again.

Ready for take-off!

Ready for take-off!

Hahaha, I am not such a fan of flying, but this flight was great! I've never had such a smooth take off or landing.

The first picture of the Beaver was taken this July (2002), but these are photos of when I actually took the flight, which was 5 years ago. Not much has changed, hahaha, only if you look very carefully you can see that the plane has a different colour now :-)

Lookout for this sign

Islandair

Lookout for this sign, and their office is right behind it. You can just walk in and make an appointment for a flight.

The flights go daily, departing every half hour

Price: $64.95/person
    Flight Time: 24 minutes

You can find more info on their website : http://www.islandair.ca/

And off we go :-))

And of we go!

And off we go! Eeeks... a bit nervous at first as I am not a fan of flying. And this was my first time on a waterplane, but wow, it was good! Hahaha, I even enjoyed the take-off :-)

Instant Answers: Parry Sound

Comments

Parry Sound Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Parry Sound off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parry Sound sightseeing.