Picton Restaurants

Front of Currah's Cafe, Picton Ontario
    by L-A
    Tony and L-A at birthday lunch
    by L-A
    Ambience while waiting for lunch

Most Recent Restaurants in Picton

• nivu's Profile Photo

Portabella: Small yet superb

by nivu Updated Jul 28, 2012

This small restaurant seems squeezed between it's neighbouring buildings so you have to keep an eye out to spot it but it is indeed worth it. The interior is decorated by art and paintings from local artists. The decor is sleek and modern but has a casual feel to it. The menu is varied and interesting and the staff does a good job answering questions and giving recommendations. The menu is also stocked with local fare, be it cheese, chicken, wine or ice cream, we could see that they try and give preference to local food. We stopped in for lunch and enjoyed it very much.

Favorite Dish: The fish tacos made for an excellent choice for a hot summer day. The pickerel does not have a strong fish taste to it and it is accompanied by fresh crisp vegetables and a creamy sauce served on soft tortillas.

• nivu's Profile Photo

Waring House - Amelia's Garden: Did not meet expectations

by nivu Written Jul 25, 2012

Amelia's Garden restaurant is part of a large property that also include a cooking school, pub, inn and spa under the name the Waring House. The restaurant shares the building with the Barley Room Pub. The space is fairly limited so I would recommend reservations on weekends as we did. The menu is very enticing but unfortunately the food does not live up to the expectations. I had the pork tenderloin and was satisified with the meal but not overly impressed. The other people in the party had the seafood, which was described as bland and had a frozen/reheated taste to it. Another had the chicken, which he compared to mediocre airplane food. Fortunately the desserts were better, we shared the coconut cream pie and the chocolate peanut butter pie which were both very good. After dinner we made our way to the pub for the live band and some beer, thinking that maybe we should have had dinner there.

Favorite Dish: Dessert: Peanut Butter Pie was very good but not enough to save the rest of the meal.

• GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Waring House - Amerlia's Garden: A large established restaurant in Picton

by GrumpyDiver Written Jul 24, 2012

This restaurant is part of a resort complex complete with accomodation, pub, restaurant and cooking school.

While we were satisfied with our meals, we met others that were not as pleased. My wife and I had pork and beef, and the people that were less happy with the meals had the seafood and chicken.

The pub is next door and you can apparently order pub for at the restaurant as well.

Favorite Dish: My Fennel and Kalamata Olive Salad was excellent. The dressing was just right and neither too heavy or too light, and I am a sucker for smoked salmon at the best of times.

As a main I had the Espresso & Honey-Glazed Ontario Pork Tenderloin, which was very nice. There was just the smallest hint of the coffee taste and the honey coated pecans worked well. My wife had the Pan-Seared Alberta Beef Tenderloin and found it very nicely done.

Their signature desert is the coconut cream pie, and we did not have this the Elly’s Apple Pie
    is what my wife had and it was more like an apple crumble and was quite ordinary.

The wine list was reasonable and included an number of local and imported wines. We had the local Huff's Estate Merlot (2011) and ended up going to the winery to pick up some more.

• L-A's Profile Photo

Angelo's Restaurant and Pizzerea: The rice pudding is excellent

by L-A Updated Jul 24, 2006

Angelo's Restaurant

This locally owned and operated restaurant was welcoming and friendly. Since it was my birthday we wanted more than pizza, so we had the special - rainbow trout stuffed with crab, with rice, veggies, soup and rice pudding. They put a candle in my pudding and sang happy birthday (I didn't want cake). The wine was good too - a hybrid of two wines creating a rose.

Although this wasn't a fancy restaurant that we wanted, it was open, friendly and the food was very good for a family restaurant

Here are the hours -
    7 days a week July, August and September. Weekdays 11am - 10:30pm Saturday and Sunday 10am - 10:30 pm. Closed Mondays October - June.

Favorite Dish: The rice pudding! Made with cinnamon, and I expect, eagle brand sweetened condensed milk by Angelo himself.

• L-A's Profile Photo

Currah's Cafe and Restaurant: local wines and yummy seafood

by L-A Written Jul 23, 2006

Front of Currah's Cafe, Picton Ontario

The seafood here is very good. So are the salads, soups, crepes, etc. Ambience is lovely, and they also stock Ontario VQA wines as well as local cider.

Favorite Dish: I had the quiche lorraine and a salad for lunch. I wanted to have the pickerel dinner the night before but they were closed on the Sunday evening...

Instant Answers: Picton

Comments

Picton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Picton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Picton sightseeing.