Queenston Travel Guide

Queenston Things to Do

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Brock Monument

by CdnJane Written Jun 25, 2004

Even if you don't climb it... the Brock Monument makes a great photo subject! You can try to get your family in front of it... or have it coming out of their head!
    There is the history of General Brock and the Battle of Queenston to read about. Or you can climb up the monument. I'm not sure of the cost these days of going up.... my one climb as a child made me leery of climbing all that way! plus not being in the shape for it! But it was a great view from there!

Queenston Hotels

Queenston Restaurants

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

by CdnJane Updated Jun 25, 2004

First of all, if you make reservations, ask to sit by the window - you might, though, have problems concentrating on your food or conversation because you will be taking in the view north to Lake Ontario (and on a clear day seeing Toronto).
    The restaurant dates back to the 1940's, and their concentration is on food with a Canadian touch - they serve mostly Canadian wines and mineral waters, and local produce.
    While dinner can be a little more formal, because this is a tourist area dress can be casual, especially out on the patio and at lunch. The patio is a wonderful family place.

Favorite Dish: I've had something different each time I've been here, so I couldn't tell you what I like the best. I've had some excellent appetisers, good salads, out on the patio a marvelous burger, and I know that every entree I've had was terrific. I've liked some of the twists they've done - you know where you think "Wow!, I'd never have thought to combine those ingredients!"

Instant Answers: Queenston

Comments

Queenston Travel Guide
Map of Queenston