Saint Jacobs Restaurants

• Redlats's Profile Photo

The Stone Crock Restaurant: mmm, Mennonite food

by Redlats Updated Oct 5, 2008
    The Stone Crock Restaurant in St. Jacobs

We enjoyed this restaurant. There is not much difference between the cooking of my parents and the buffet at this restaurant.

You can see from the plates on the second and third photos, what is served at the buffet, but it includes sausage and sauerkraut, pork, mashed potatoes and veggies.

I guess these days the $13 price for the buffet is about average, but the meal can get expensive as the beverages and desserts are extra.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Stone Croft Restaurant: Mennonite Food - Comfort Food, Canadian Ingredient

by CdnJane Written Jun 1, 2005

Stone Croft Restaurant

Stone Crock Restaurant has been popular in St. Jacob's for years. Substantial home cooked meals, like "grandmother used to make". Bus loads of people come on their tours of the Mennonite area. You have your choice of the buffet meal or ordering from the menu. Wonderful hearty soups, stews, roasts, sandwiches, and the desserts *mmmmmmmm* It is isn't cheap, but these days it seems that nothing worth enjoying is cheap.
    The restaurant also has a bakery and country pantry, and cheeses. There is a little gift shop to browse through while you are waiting.

Favorite Dish: I've loved their buffet, the soups are wonderful, especially on a chilly night. The roasts are wonderful and they have a great selection of salads and salad items. As I said, I love their pies and other desserts. Hard to say what I haven't enjoyed. There truly is something for most every taste.

• nighthawk's Profile Photo

Farmers' market: Do not miss the bagels!

by nighthawk Written Dec 29, 2002

We bought it from an older lady who was more busy taking care of paperwork than us...but that doesn t matter...we got what we wanted!!

Favorite Dish: The apple bagel! Wow can t be just cause we were hungry! but it tasted delicious!!

Instant Answers: Saint Jacobs

Comments

Saint Jacobs Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Jacobs restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Jacobs sightseeing.