Smiths Falls Off The Beaten Path

• Off The Beaten Path
    by Simonneeddy

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Smiths Falls

• janika's Profile Photo

Kids play besides a big plane

by janika Updated Apr 4, 2011

Plane

Ok, maybe this plane is not so big, but it is huge in little children's eyes. It is located besides the Rideau Canal locks in a middle of a park where children play and bath in a kiddy pool.

The plane is a memorial for the people who learned flying and fought the wars with these planes.

THE RIDEAU Ferry bridge

by Simonneeddy Updated Dec 1, 2002

Here we go to-wards THE RIDEAU FERRY BRIDGE and then the canal to SMITHS FALLS.

BOATS can go from KINGSTON on LAKE ONTARIO and beyond all the way up this river and canal system to OTTawa and then down to Montreal.

A BOAT RIDE

by Simonneeddy Updated Dec 1, 2002

The Rideau Canal and the Rideau River are very important to OTTAWA. the following pictures were taken near Ottawa at the RIDEAU FERRY and SMITHS FALLS Ontario ( where I was born in 1922 and lived until 1935 but returned in the summer months until 1941 as my father had a cottage there). I visited several times over the years.

Lets go for a boat ride

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo

Edmunds-weir-dam. I often went...

by Simonneeddy Written Aug 24, 2002

Edmunds-weir-dam. I often went fishing with my father here as well as a kid of 5 to 13 on his day off.

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo

You must visit at Smiths Falls...

Abandoned canal lock

You must visit at Smiths Falls the abandoned flight of 3 locks. There is one still operating (it is on the left).

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo

Lets go water skiing now that...

by Simonneeddy Written Aug 24, 2002

Lets go water skiing now that we are back at the cottage at Rideau ferry. My daughter SHARON is going to go for a ride on the skis(better her than me)Here she is ready to take off

We are through the lock

by Simonneeddy Written Aug 24, 2002

We are through the lock and have just passed a place where I use to come fishing with my father when I was 6 to 12 years old. (That's 68 years ago and people are still fishing here.)

Instant Answers: Smiths Falls

Comments

Smiths Falls Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Smiths Falls off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Smiths Falls sightseeing.