Tobermory Restaurants

Aaaaargh captive to Davey Jones food
    by Faiza-Ifrah
    Entrance to the open air section
    by Faiza-Ifrah
  • How could I miss having Mrs. pirate in this pic?
    How could I miss having Mrs. pirate in...

Best Rated Restaurants in Tobermory

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Craigie's Harborview Restaurant: A great place for Fish & Chips

by richiecdisc Written Nov 7, 2003

local institution since 1922

Small local Fish & Chips place with relaxed down home atmosphere and nice views of the harbor as the name implies.

Favorite Dish: Fish & Chips of course! But the local variation is fresh water white fish which is sweeter than sea varieties and very lightly battered, fried to perfection.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Woolwich Arms & Arrow: A real ale paradise in Ontario...

by richiecdisc Updated Dec 7, 2005

a happy stop for me on the way up to the Bruce

Cool English style pub built in a great old house that mixes old world feel with down and dirty counter culture ambience without missing a beat.

Favorite Dish: Arkell Steak and Mushroom Pie is the perfect accompaniment to the wide variety of beers on tap at this Mecca for real Ontario ale. The beef is marinated in beer brewed right in Guelph at the Wellington County Brewery. At CAN$ 10.99, it is not cheap but a more economical option is poutine, or fries smothered in gravy and cheese at CAN$ 5.25. And make sure to wash it all down with a real ale from the hand pumps!

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo

THE Fish and Chip Place: Fresh Fish with a Great View

by windsorgirl Updated Aug 13, 2004

Seafood with a view

We chose this restaurant for its great location overlooking the Tobermory Harbour and for its inexpensive menu of fish and chips. They serve fresh local whitefish in a basket with chips or wrapped in a tortilla as a fish taco. Both of these options were delicious. You can even takeaway your dinner and sit across the street at the public picnic tables with an even better view of the harbour.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo

Shipwreck: Seafood with ambience

by Faiza-Ifrah Written Aug 13, 2009

Aaaaargh captive to Davey Jones food

We liked the ambience of this restaurant and the deal - eat as much fish as you can in one particular offer. Rest assured, the serving means full fish. When we had our 3 dinners at the restaurant, there were 3 hosts. Two of them are appearing in the picture # 1. The 3rd is the wife of 1st gentleman (or gentle-pirate if you will) on left hand side.

All three of them get into the very ambience as you can see in the 1st and 3rd picture. All 3 of them are extremely friendly.

Favorite Dish: Fish of course.

• National/State Park

• Tourtech's Profile Photo

The Grandview Dinning Room: A stunning meal, for a reasonable price

by Tourtech Written Aug 26, 2005

The hotel and restaurant

This restaurant was reccomended to us from a couple of different locals. We said we were looking for a good meal, but casual atmosphere. What we got was a great meal with a great casual atmosphere.
    The restaurant was at our hotel, we found out later that it had been a local tradition for 35 years.
    There was a light jazz duo playing on the patio when we came into restaurant, we chose to sit inside where the windows showed us a beautiful view of the sunset over lake huron.
    We ordered food and relaxed as the last of the sunlight fell away to soft jazz music in the background. And the best part is that the food and service only enhanced this experience. The meal itself was brilliantly prepared with fresh veggies and a hint of local character.

This meal in any large city would cost at least twice as much... No kidding...

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the pork tenderloin with local berries. I asked for extra veggies instead of potatoes and as a result my plate came with grilled peppers, fresh asparagus and a variety of other veggies. Not only was it good, but it was more than filling. (and good for me to boot)
    Jennifer had the fresh whitefish and was quite satisfied. Whitefish is a local freshwater catch and it was also prepared very well.
    There was also a small but good selection of wines. The proprieters pride themselves on finding inexpensive wines that are of high quality, they nailed it on both the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Pinot Gris.

• National/State Park

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Stone Orchid Restaurant: Indonesian

by Suzanne123 Written Oct 13, 2005

It tasted like Thai to me. Sorry my palate is not that cultured. What was memorable was the games that they have at the tables. Mind benders to play with while you wait for your meals. Every table had a different toy

• The Lighthouse: Do not Waste your money

by dlapoin Updated Sep 11, 2008

When we walked into the Lighthouse it was quiet ( but also off season during the week ).
    The atmoshere was dated but okay.
    The menu offered a large selection but when we ordered service was slow.
    The french onion soup was made with toaster bread that has soaked up all the broth.It was a bowl of soggy bread no soup.I sent it back and rather than remake it, they just poured more broth on top.I ate it anyways.
    The calamari was fried dark brown but we were hungry.
    I orderd the seafood medley which was to include whitefish, shrimp and scallops.
    The meal arrived and the rice and veg were cold to touch.
    The seafood was rubbery and looked like it came from a can.
    For $26.00 , I sent it back.They offered to microwave it for me.
    I just asked for the bill.The girl came back and the dish was still charged on the bill.After speaking with her the owner came to our table and was very rude and told us we had to pay for it anyways.
    When we explained to her she got even more aggressive and became even more confrontational ,telling us how she did not need our business and to just get out.
    She did take the 26.00 off the bill but charged us an extra $9.00 for a side salad that came with it.
    My whole experience here was one that I would not forget - Bad food- overpriced unless you are just there for fries and gravy.
    Tobermory is a wonderful place but do not waste you time or money on the Lighthouse.

Favorite Dish: Nothing.

• Crows nest: Best wings ever

by Duger Written Apr 17, 2009

My husband and I have been coming here for almost 25 years...we do not even have to order ....they know what we want just by showing up. . Service is the best that you can find during the busiest time of the year on the Bruce. This place is usually standing room only, to get a seat on a Friday night or the weekend without waiting is unusual. My favourite is the Coconut Shrimp....OMG this is to die for!!! My husbands order is ALWAYS a double order of wings done extra crispy and medium....never get screwed up. This place is well know in the scuba diving industry as the main meeting place. See you Saturday at 6pm.

Carol & Doug
    Grimsby, Ontario

Favorite Dish: Coconut Shrimp....this is one of the specials during the week, but this should be on the regular menu . The Pub Burger is the best burger for miles. The wings are done to perfection every time.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Camping

• Crowsnest Pub & Deli: Crowsnest? I said no, no, no!

by guli44 Written May 21, 2008

I never recommend Crowsnest Restaurant to anybody. We unfortunately had a breakfast there on May 18th, 2008. The food was ok, but it was definitely not what we were looking for on a vacation morning while we were seeking for quite and peace. We lined up in front of the cashier for at least 20 minutes. I made my order to the "lovely" lady; 3 breakfasts with double eggs, and a toasted bagel with cream cheese. The lady took the orders one by one. She filled out separate forms for each breakfast: the egg style, the bread type, meat type, and the drink, which comes with the breakfast. For two breakfasts I asked for tea, and for the third one chocolate milk. Then she filled another form for the toasted bagel and cream cheese. I paid the total with my credit card, which was 31.05, and turned to my table for a long wait (at least 15 more minutes) for food to be ready. In the meantime I checked the total amount with the prices on the menu boards. Breakfast with double eggs was 6.99, toasted bagel with cream cheese was 2.99. Then I added up with the 13% tax (the rate is 13% over there) it came to a total of 27.07. I wanted to learn the reason of the difference, and asked to the cashier after they annouced my number to let me know that the food was ready to pick up. I was told by another lady, which I believe was the manager, to have my breakfast when it was hot, and come back when I finished, to go over. When I went back after the breakfast, I was told that they cannot check how much was paid because they do not give any receipts. I said I had the credit card transaction receipt. The lady was delighted to hear that. The cashier added up what I ate to compare with the amount on the credit card receipt. It was 27.07. Then another "very lovely" lady, with short cut blond hair, and black framed glasses involved to the conversation, and said that the chocolate milk was an extra of 2.52. Even with that, the amount was less than what I paid, and they owned me another free drink for the third breakfast. They did not tried to fix what they had done, they did not even said that they were sorry, and gave nor my money back, neither the drink for the third breakfast. I was against three of them with my broken English. I was an abused customer.

Instant Answers: Tobermory

Comments

Tobermory Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tobermory restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tobermory sightseeing.