Childhood memories / living in Toronto, Toronto

Know about this? Rate It!

horse riding in toronto
  • msison's Profile Photo

University Tip

by msison Updated Jul 25, 2003
    Woodlot on york Campus

Favorite thing: I lived in Toronto for 3 years while in University. I attended York University.

My favourite place in Toronto has to be hands down the people. I live in Miami, but Toronto will always be my home.

My heart was left in Toronto after all the great people I met there and still am in touch with.

Fondest memory: My fondest memory has to be when I met my boyfriend Victor in school and went to see Mamma Mia! at the Royal Alexandra Theatre.

Thanks for the best 3 years at York Founders Falcons.....

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Condo

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Buy an apartment here, if you love Canada as much as I do. I used to own an apartment in BAY STREET area and this is within 2 minutes walk to Eaton Centre, 5 minutes walk to Chinatown. Good food, lots to shop and only 2 stops from the Financial Center!

Fondest memory: Properties are of good value in this clean and cosmopolitan city. A two-bedroom apartment in downtown area costs US$100,000-200,000 on the average (& these are of the best quality furnishings and standards!).

• Pros and Cons

by Srechko Updated Sep 20, 2002

View from Toronto Island

Favorite thing: Here are some pros and cons of living in Toronto:
    Good Stuff:

SEA - I was born on the sea and it makes me happy to live in a city that has a sea coast. Well, Ontario Lake is not really a sea, but differences like the smell, plants and no swimming rule don't bother me much. Along the lake there is few attractive spots for visitors:Downtown area west from Yonge (Harbourfront) looks very luxurious and it is constantly getting face lifts. 'Musical garden' is a nice touch to this area where most expensive condo buildings are. 'Beaches' - east from downtown - gets very attractive during summer. It is a place for beach volleyball (over 50 courts right on the beach), walking, jogging, rollerblading. Dog beach is also here. Brave ones can also swim, but due to cold and polutin only swimmers are usually kids!

NIGHT LIFE - so much choice here. Toronto's main entertainment district is located in downtown in between Queen St. W., King St. W., Simcoe, and Peter Streets. Plenty of discotheques, pubs, theaters, and jazz clubs are located here. Why I rarely go here is parking problem. All parking lots owners are competing who is going to get away with higher price. Some nights (mostly Saturdays) price goes up to $20.

LIVE SHOWS - my favourite way of entertainment. Whether you are into operas, classical, rock, jazz, or world music concerts, stand-up comedies, or theatre shows you can find it here. Check 'Kool House', 'Air Canada', 'Hummingbird', or 'Molson' concert halls on
    www.toronto.com to see who's in town!

CULTURAL DIVERSITY - Everyone is welcome here. I am a foreigner speaking with an accent but I never noticed that that bothers anyone here. Cool!

OK there is lots more I like about this city, but here are few of the cons:

Fondest memory: Bad Stuff:

LIVING EXPENSES - Toronto is one of most expensive cities to live in Canada (with a good reason though - it is not like I am complaining!)

SPEED OF LIFE - Everyone is rushing somewhere (me too), and days pass by very quickly.

WEATHER - Well this is Canada so it is understood - six months of winter.

• Chrystyna's Profile Photo

Go to a pub, order a beer, and...

by Chrystyna Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to a pub, order a beer, and watch a hockey game!

Fondest memory: One of my best memories while living in Toronto is when Canada's Men's Olympic Hockey Team won the Gold Medal at the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002.

Canada is a country has always been at odds. It's English vs. French or East Vs. West or...Toronto vs. The rest of Canada.. (i've been told that apparently we Torontonians have the tendancy to forget that there are other cities in the country) And the day we won Gold there was no talks of referendums, no talks of soverignty, no talk of which party to vote for... no, more so what party to go to! Driving along yonge street, honking the car horns as cars drove past waving the our red and white flag... it made me feel very proud. Hockey. That's what brought Canada together, and that's what Toronto does best.

• Shopping is great here.

by barbaraq Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: I grew up here and my fondest memories are of growing up in downtown Toronto, around Queen and Ossington. It still feels like home when I check back there every now and then. The area hasn't changed much - maybe smaller than I remember but otherwise, it looks much the same. Even the school hasn't changed. In a city where nothing remains the same for more than 24 hours, it's unique.

• Dolfijntje's Profile Photo

This is a hard one to decide...

by Dolfijntje Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: This is a hard one to decide on. I grew up in Toronto and so I know little pockets of places that I would take any visiting friends. I know the downtown and the east end areas better than anything that is west ov Avenue road.

Ontario Place! Especially if you are a family looking for something to do. I believe that there are entrance fees, but you can spend the whole day there. The Canadian National Exhibition is open nearby during the end of August, beginning of September.

Fondest memory: My parent's Sailboat is what I miss most when I am away. Danforth Avenue now has some great restaurants.

• hevbell's Profile Photo

FOND MEMORIES

by hevbell Updated Feb 22, 2004
    horse riding in toronto

Fondest memory: My one and only time on a horse! I was only 4 or 5 at the time but I do remember it quite well! :)

• Horse Riding