Kensington Market, Toronto

Know about this? Rate It!

• Kensington Market
    by Agata_K
  • Paula1971's Profile Photo

Paula1971's General Tip

by Paula1971 Written Aug 26, 2002

Fondest memory: I remember, when I was a kid, my father would take us downtown to the Kensington Market. It's located off Spadina Ave. It's a market held every weekend where they sell fruits and vegetables, meats, cheeses etc. etc. It's basically in Chinatown so you find things you may not be able to find easily elsewhere. We would always hit the European Meat Market too for bratwurst sausages and hot dogs.
    I also remember my sister and I wanting to go for a ride on the streetcars. My fathers answer to this was to put us on the streetcar and then foloow us in his car while we laughed and waved like mad.
    I grew up in the suburbs of Toronto rather than right downtown. And, thanks to my father, I spent quite a bit of time there as a child. I love it more everyday.

• james_sinton's Profile Photo

Also visit the second market,...

by james_sinton Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Also visit the second market, the KENSINGTON MARKET, located around Kensington/Augusta and Nassau Streets, west of Spadina, north of Dundas, is populated by vintage clothes stores in old Victorian homes and meat, fish and produce vendors in stores lining the streets. Once again, a fabulous mix of people, with the young and rebelious sharing the sidewalks with the immigrants that have populated this area for a century. Take the 510 SPADINA streetcar from Spadina or Union subway stations to Dundas street and walk one block west to Kensington, then turn north.

• Agata_K's Profile Photo

see Kensington market, a...

by Agata_K Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: see Kensington market, a eclectic mix of traditional European style bakers, fish mongers, mixed with vintage clothing stores making this a vibrant part of town.

Fondest memory: This is a cool place to shop!

Instant Answers: Toronto