Pubs / nightlife / restaurants, Toronto

Know about this? Rate It!

• Pubs / nightlife / restaurants
    by Brinkolas
  • Pubs / nightlife / restaurants
    by JennyTheOnly
  • Thursday nights are my...

by eiderchick Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Thursday nights are my favorite dancing nights in T.O.
    If you're want a free meal before you head out dancing you must head to Easy and the Fifth before 8pm on a Thursday night - grab something from the buffet and stay for drinks and dancing if you like chart pop and dance music. (but I think they have a no jeans or runners code - something like that) Oh and just a few weeks ago I saw Jeff Goldblum and a few other stars coming out of there!
    If you want something a little different try Velvet Underground but don't head over until after 11pm!

Fondest memory: Canoeing around the Toronto islands with a cute 19 year old! Ahhhhh!

• allycat1's General Tip

by allycat1 Written Aug 26, 2002

Fondest memory: Going clubbing in the summer. I love Toronto in the summer. Going for dinner with friends and sitting on some pattio drinking till the city picks up. Come 10:00 the city comes alive. Go to any club of your choice and when that closes go to a nice after hours.

• JennyTheOnly's Profile Photo

Well if you go the first time...

by JennyTheOnly Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Well if you go the first time to Toronto you just have to go to a Tim Hortons!!!! They have the best donuts!! Just as I wright that I can smell them!! ;-))
    I really love them! Well when we are there we mostly just go shopping and visiting friends and familie!

Fondest memory: Well I miss most my friends! I can remember once I played with my Friends Twister ! It was so funny! I wasnt there now two years and I really miss them!

• Patios - Toronto's bars,...

by Unknown Updated Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Patios - Toronto's bars, restaurants and cafes all have patios. They might be small, perhaps carved out of an already too small sidewalk, or they may cover an entire rooftop, but sitting in the sun having a drink and a bite to eat while people watching is one of the best things about Toronto. It's truly our most popular recreational activity. Of course this only happens in the summer. In the winter, everyone grabs window seats at restaurants and cafes and dreams of the day the patios will open up again.

• Brinkolas's Profile Photo

Brinkolas's General Tip

by Brinkolas Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: My two fondest memories of Toronto has to be when we went to the MedivalTimes dinner, and when we went to the top of the CN Tower. If you are into middle ages as I am you will love the MidivalTimes Dinner. You enter the 'castle' and are greeted and get your picture taken with the King and Queen. Then They lead you into the forum, where you can enter the gift shop, view the horses stalls, or enter the arcade.
    Then the trumpets are sounded and you enter the dinning arena. Everyone sits behind a table looking at the center of the room. It's like a dinner in a round. Then after eating dinner with you bare hands (like they did back then) you watch and take part in a little act. You watch as the castle is taken under seige. The king orders all the nobelmen to battle against each other and the last one standing will be knighted. The fun part is you are seated in different colored areas in the room, and your color correspondes with the color of your knight/nobelmen. It is said who's ever section cheers the loudest is the colored Knight who wins. Watching them joust and fight like they did in the midivalTimes was truly the best part of my trip. It was really realistic too... Well there wasn't any blood or anything. When a person got hit the swords blade and the armor would clash and cause a flash that would show that the person was hit. It's reall neat I really recommend eating here.

My second fondest memory was when I was on top of the 2,700 and some feet tall tower walking on the glass floor. This I cannot discribe. You have to experience it yourself. But I only say if your scared of heights don't even approuch the reinforced glass floor, cause someone like me who isn't afraid is just gonna come up behind and nudge you onto the glass. It doesn't bother me, but then again I'm the one person who did a cartwheel on the glass and sent the group leader into a frantic spasm.

Instant Answers: Toronto