Nightclubs and bars, Toronto

Know about this? Rate It!

The Mike Murley Septet
    by Paul2001
  • Mike Murley, one of Canada's great sax players
    Mike Murley, one of Canada's great sax...
    by Paul2001
  • Nightclubs and bars
    by HispanicYob
  • Toronto Nightclubs: Local Assistance

by KyleAlloy Written May 26, 2014

Hi,

My name is Kyle and I have been a nightlife ambassador in the city for serval years. I help locals and tourists navigate the ever changing Toronto nightlife scene and ensure that their night out is a success!

If you require assistance in planning your night our once you have arrived to Toronto or have question please do not hesitate to contact me at Kyle@itsvertigo.com

Enjoy the city! There is much to do!

Dress Code: Genrally, no sneakers, or hats

• Music
    • Festivals

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

Nightclubs and bars: Queen Street West

by HispanicYob Written Sep 5, 2013

I was introduced to this street my first night in Toronto. There is a huge concentration of bars, live music venues and clubs to check out along Queen Street. This area draws practically all the "kids of Toronto" out and is known as a haven for hipsters, as my pals put it. It truly is hipster city here, and you can hear everything from rock to blues pouring out onto the streets. Places like Black Bull, Java Cafe and other venues are in close proximity to each other.

Parking after about 9 PM is free, as you have to pay before that time. They will ticket your car if not. But most likely, if you're a tourist, you won't need to worry about that. You'll probably arrive by taxi or streetcar.

Even though it didn't get pickpocketed, be very wary of them in the area. Queen Street is vast and extends quite a distance.

Dress Code: Dress code depends on various places. I was fine in casual wear to the bars we went to.

• Nightclubs and bars: Easy and the Fifth

by JohnCramer Written Jun 18, 2012

Fifth Social Club at 80 Duncan Street.
    If you're looking for a spot that's grown up & unpretentious come here! It's just North of Croc Rocks, but owns a COMPLETELY different vibe. The crowd is 25 plus dressed their age and everyone here is looking to chill, dance and have a good time. The staff are super friendly (& hot!) and bottles are a good price ($250)
    I went here last to celebrate my buddy's promotion & it was a great time! The bottle service girls were awesome and the DJ kicked a$$!
    Highly Recommended!

Dress Code: Dress to impress. No sneakers, No hats, No Shorts

• Luxury Travel

• Riccola's Profile Photo

Parlour: Parlour Decadence

by Riccola Written Nov 8, 2011

When I went to Toronto for the first time, a friend of mine told me about this new hot spot lounge that recently opened up in the downtown core of the city. All I was told was that it was a sophisticated place to go for a drink. Not really knowing what to expect, when I entered I walked into one of the coolest venues I've ever been to. It was a beautifully designed vintage cocktail lounge with the staff (all beautiful women I may add), wearing beautiful corsets. It was really like going to a classy underground Speakeasy back in the 1920's. It was nothing like I would have expected.

So upon getting seated in these amazing red velvet, vintage tufted couches, I was already at ease and completely comfortable. The vibe was chill and relaxed as they just opened the doors so it wasn't too busy. The cocktail list was absolutely out of this world. Drinks I've never heard or seen before was on this menu and for an upscale establishment, the prices weren't too bad either.

Around 11, the place started picking up and by midnight was absolutely packed. The DJ that was playing played wicked house music and come 12:30, the small dancefloor was packed. I couldn't help but join in on the action because the energy was very infectious. People were dancing everywhere and were really having a great time. At first, I wasn't sure what to expect but the design of the lounge, the music and the drinks all made for one of the best places I've ever been, hands down. Next time I come back to Toronto I will definitely be there again. Highly recommended place to go!

Dress Code: Stylish and sophisticated dress code (Lots of beautiful people there, without the pretentiousness)

• Club Menage/Bistro 333: Toronto by Night

by hotfridays Updated Apr 4, 2011

Club Ménage and Bistro 333 is central to everyone and right in the heart of the downtown core. We have a full menu for catering, several private rooms, a second storey patio overlooking King Street, multimedia equipment including a plasma screen TV for presentations, experienced DJs and hosts, multiple hotels surrounding us for your hospitality, and much more...

----- THE RESTAURANT -----

The stylish modern design of Bistro 333 is sure to please everyone. Whether your function is for 50 or 500 people, our team will serve your guests with friendly, professional excellence.

We offer a wide variety of specialty food stations and sweet tables that are prepared to perfection by our culinary Chefs. Offering an extensive selection of sparkling champagnes, fine wines, and open bar packages to suit your budget and taste.

----- THE NIGHTCLUB -----

Experience one of Toronto's most extravagant hotspots. The latest technology in Sound & Lighting fill the room with a beautiful, modern atmosphere surrounded by an elegant decor. A large wall-mounted plasma television is available for your multimedia presentation.

The city's top DJ's will keep your dance floor alive for the length of your party with a variety of music suitable for all of your guests, no matter the age group.

----- THE PATIO -----

Overlooking King Street in the heart of Toronto's downtown core is our beautiful heated, covered outdoor rooftop patio. This spectacular view has to be seen to be believed.

Comfort is our primary focus throughout our establishment, and especially on the patio. Our tables and chairs will have your guests feeling relaxed, while in an upbeat and fun surrounding. From Cocktails to Dinner and Dancing, all aspects of your function can be enjoyed on the patio.

Club Menage and Bistro 333 is the ideal host for any corporate event. For more info and to book your next event please call 416 420 6185

Dress Code: No Sneakers

• Business Travel
    • Music

• oceania26's Profile Photo

Shmooze: Cheap drinks & older crowd

by oceania26 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I've been here 4 times, 3 on Saturdays and once on Fridays. The Saturday nights were great but I wasn't impressed with the Friday night...maybe because this club started offering cheap drinks and everyone got drunk and crazy. It's an older crowed...I found it a little more older on Friday nights were there were a lot of ppl after work. $2.50 for drinks both nights - $10 to get in and you can put yourself on the guest list to avoid the line-up...go to website to do that. If you eat there, no cover charge. Music is a mix, not that that great but good enough.

Dress Code: No sporty or atheltic attire, sneakers or baggy cloths...no caps. Women can wear "fashionable" jeans.

• thetimidtraveller's Profile Photo

The Madison: My favorite pub and piano bar

by thetimidtraveller Updated Apr 4, 2011

The piano bar is in the basement if you are up for a fun sing along. Five patios for your pleasure... darts areas..pool tables...four televisions in the party room and in the center of it all is Madigans..the original bar where it all started. Here you'll find a dart area and five more televisions and a cozy area complete with a fireplace. Of course its a winding trip through the house to find this area so come in and get lost!!

Dress Code: Dress code??? I think that they would like you to come dressed..that's all I know.

• Swallow Lounge: Blow Up

by diabolical Updated Apr 4, 2011

Newish club.. Went to their Blow-Up night which is every Saturday. Lots of 60's Mod, Brit Pop, Indie, Motown music.
    Very "scene" atmosphere. Clean. Trendy.
    A lot of "indie" type musicians will come here after their show, if they're not afraid to get out onto the dance floor.

Dress Code: No dress code, but a lot of people were dressed nice. Trendy fashionista's.

• Swallow Lounge: Blow Up

by diabolical Updated Apr 4, 2011

Very "scene" atmosphere. Clean. Trendy.

• Pypes55's Profile Photo

Schmooze: Cheap drinks, but upscale crowd

by Pypes55 Updated Apr 4, 2011

On Friday nights from 5-10pm all drinks are $2.50. It attracts a 25 and older after work crowd. The crowd is well dressed, men are usually in suits. The music is good too and it has lots of places to sit and chat if you don't want to dance. Around 10:00 it turns into a full blown nightclub and the dance floor gets packed and the dress code slowly starts to change as you notice the women are wearing less clothing. A great place to go if you want to go somewhere classy but not spend a lot of money.

Dress Code: No running shoes, or ball caps.

• kehale's Profile Photo

Bier Markt: Great Selection of Beer!

by kehale Written Oct 27, 2009

Bier Market is the kind of place that has never disappointed me. With a wide selection of beer (of course) it's a great place to go for dinner, or for a night out with some friends. Every time I have been there I have always been pleased the food, drink, music and the overall atmosphere of the place. There are two locations, but I have only ever been to the one on the Esplanade. It's a good place to go if you have people with different ideas of fun on a night out. The front is more open with room to stand and talk, while the back provides a mix of live music and a DJ for those who would prefer to dance. But as I have already mentioned... the selling point is the beer selection. I would definitely recommend a stop by - even if it's not for a night out, stop by for some delicious food!

• Beer Tasting

• kehale's Profile Photo

Nightclubs and bars: This Is London

by kehale Written Aug 25, 2009

Located in downtown Toronto - this is not the easiest bar to find unless you know where you are going. The enterance is actually down a side alley way which you can access from either Richmond St or Peter St.
    We've been a few times, once for a going away party and once for a birthday. I do seriously love this bar. It's big and beautiful, even though it's a little expensive.
    For the ladies, you seriously have to see the bathroom which takes up the entire top floor. They often have hair and makeup stylists there who will fix you up. Soft plush couches and everything!
    If you are going I would suggest getting on the guest list - it just gets you ahead of the line, but it's worth it. Be sure to check out the age requirements based on the night you attend.

Dress Code: They are pretty dressy - no rips, hats, sneakers. Ladies - you'll probably want to wear a nice dress!

• platiinum's Profile Photo

Nightclubs and bars: Tattoo Rock Parlour: Headbangers Unite!

by platiinum Updated Jul 21, 2009

If you're looking to rocknroll all night, Tattoo is the right place.
    Sexy and edgy are the words I'd use to describe the club itself as well as the crowd.
    It's the only club I've gone to in Toronto, where the girls aren't snotty to one another, and the guys aren't looking to start a fight. Everyone is here to dance..and headbang.
    The club has two floors: Main Room and Lounge.
    Main room is where I usually stay as it's roomy and not as intimate as the lounge.

As for music, everything from the classics such as AC/DC to the newer stuff like Broken Social Scene is played.
    Fridays at Tattoo they play Alternative, Modern Rock, and Classic Rock.
    Saturdays at Tattoo they play Dance Rock.

Dress Code: Whatever you please. Because the crowd here is fairly diverse, you'll find everything from neon leotards to provacative clubwear.

• School Holidays

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Pravda: Vodka!

by Sunshine64 Written Jul 21, 2008

Pravda was recommended to us by some locals and I wish we had more time to spend there. We only had time for one Martini - during Happy Hour, in which they have a select group of Martinis for lower price. I would have loved to try some of the other vodkas they had on display behind the bar. (I had the Perestroika, which was good, if a little on the sweet side.)

As you may have guessed by now, this is a Soviet Union themed bar, complete with Soviet Flag, nesting dolls and other themed decoration.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

The Devil's Martini: Large club, fun crowd

by BillNJ Updated Apr 24, 2008

For a fun night out in Toronto, check out The Devil's Martini! It's a very large club with a great layout for mingling. Most people are very friendly and out to have a good time. It caters to the 25+ crowd -- and the music is not so loud that you can't have a conversation.

On Saturday night, get there early or you will have to wait in a long line! Also, watch out for some of the aggressive women attending bachelorette parties. Some may even try to get you to give them articles of your clothing! When I was there, some women attending one such party asked me to give them one of my socks (haha). Great place -- highly recommended!

Dress Code: Casual, but neat