Know about this? Rate It!
Bata Shoe Museum
The Bata Shoe museum facinated me when I went there on a school field trip last year. It was so interesting to see all the different shoes commonly used in different cultures for weddings, not only today but historically as well.
Then there was this one room where you get to go in and look at shoes that belonged to all different kinds of celebrities. You can't actually tough them but they're right inside the glass: shoes from Lucille Ball, Anthony Hopkins, Britney Spears, Eminem, Marilyn Monro,etc.
Adults get in for 6 dollars, and children for 2 dollars. They're open every day except Monday.
- Historical Travel
Bata Shoe Museum
One of few North American Shoe Museums, Bata Shoe Museum has ancient clogs, Egyptian sandals and even Sir. Elton John's platforms. If you are interested in history and footwear, it is worth a stop here. Though the museum is not particulary big, it does bring fun to the good old sneaker.
"All about shoes", the permanent exhibit features a collection of 20th century celebrity footwear and an history exhibit dating over 4500 years apart. There are also three galleries that hold special exhibitions.
Click here for Bata Museum's latest events.
Among the celebrity collection is Marilyn Monroe's red leather pumps & John Lennon's Beatle Boots. Among the historic collection, there are Chinese silk boots, Japanese Fish Skin Boots, Indian Paduka, beautifully embroided Middle East footwear, Russian Skin & Fur Boats....
Click here for latest admission prices.
Tues., Wed., Fri., Sat. : 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
NOTE: The museum is open on Mondays only in the summer months ^_^
Now free on Thursday nights between 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
BY TTC: Get off at St. George subway station & walk towards Bloor
- Arts and Culture
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Toronto Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bahia Honda Key Hotels
- Kemasik Hotels
- Pulau Batam
- Rio Piedras Hotels
- Sanibel Island
- Mackinac Island Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path