Know about this? Rate It!
Nathan Phillips Square and City Hall
On the north side of Queen Street, just west of Yonge, is a beautiful complex. I am reffering to Nathan Phillips Square. This beautiful square in the heart of the city, is home to many exhibitions, market sales, concerts, community gatherings etc. On one side of the square, is the Old, beautiful and quaint City Hall. It is now used purely for Court Rooms. Behind the Square, is the elegant New City Hall.
Also included in the Off The Beaten Path section of my Toronto pages, you can also read about the City Coucil and Mayor's Office which form part of the square.
I have also made a travelogue album on this square. It includes more information and people skating in the square. Please click here: Nathan Phillips Square
See Nathan Phillips Square
Nathan Phillips Square is a big outdoor area where many concerts are held. If you're a Canadian, you'll probably remember a controversy that happened here years ago. A Canadian band, the Barenaked Ladies, were scheduled to perform live here for a New Year's Eve Celebration. At the last minute, the mayor of Toronto ruled that their name was sexist, and would not allow them to perform that night. Anyone who knows the Barenaked Ladies know that there name has no sexual connotations.
This event actually helped launch the Barenaked Ladies into the mainstream.
View from the Window
This picture was taken from my hotel room window. At a certain angle I could see this strange building, which I found out was City Hall. This picture was taken about 6 am.
- Business Travel
- Family Travel
- Budget Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Toronto Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Napa Hotels
- Nepal Hotels
- Osman Sagar Hotels
- Christchurch Hotels
- Ostseebad Binz
- Mackinac Island
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path