Know about this? Rate It!
Commerce Court North
One of the most impressive works of early 20th century architecture in Toronto is the North tower in Commerce Court, otherwise known as Commerce Court North. It was built in 1931 as the headquarters for the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. At the time it was highest office tower in the British Empire at 476ft. I visited this building as part of the Open Doors Toronto Event in 2006. I was able to visit the main banking hall, pictured here. This is one of the most astonishing rooms in Toronto. It can be visited throughout the year but I do not know if you usually allowed to take pictures which you were during the Open Doors Event. The North Entrance is also extraordinary with brilliant carvings depicting the god Mercury, supposedly the god of banking. I think it is one of most superb doorways that I have ever seen. All over the facade of the building there are carvings depicting mythological events that are also quite interesting.
- Arts and Culture
As Toronto's high tech playground, Playdium offers over 200 of the world's greatest simulators and video games. It also has 11 acre outdoor playpark that includes a GoCart Track.
My favourites include the racing games, the VR (another universe ^_^), & the real life simulators.....
Admission into Playdium is free, & it only charges those that play! However the allure of lights & high tech will draw you to spend money & have fun! They are even stronger than the casino lures so common in Vegas...
Located at 99 Rathburn Rd, City of Mississauga. Take Hwy. 403 to Square One Shopping Centre. Playdium is across the street.
- Family Travel
Steam Whistle Brewing
Steam Whistle, one of the better Canadian beer, is front of the CN Tower. you can visit the brewing for a small 4$. You will enjoy the visit and the beer degustation. The company also gives a little glass after the visit.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Toronto Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Hanauma Bay Hotels
- Pulau Tikus Hotels
- Playa Blanca
- Mitylene Hotels
- Doha Hotels
- Clearwater Beach
- Boracay Island
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path