Armadillo, Toronto

3 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

chocolate cake at the Armadillo
    by sim1
  • The Armadillo restaurant in downtown Toronto
    The Armadillo restaurant in downtown...
    by sim1
  • Armadillo
    by nighthawk
  • nighthawk's Profile Photo

Armadillo: TexMex Grill

by nighthawk Updated Apr 4, 2011

Favorite Dish: After the food (sizzling chicken I had, I believe), which filled my tummy quite well, I still had the ache for a sweet dessert.
    So I ordered chocolate cake....oh boy! who delicious that was!!
    When this is ordered by 4 people or more, it is called Chocolate Heaven, which is a good description of how we felt (Sim1 and I shared) when we ate that cake!

• sim1's Profile Photo

The Armadillo

by sim1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Armadillo restaurant in downtown Toronto

I've been to the Armadillo several times now, and I like it a lot. It's very close to the CN tower, which makes it a perfect location to go out and have dinner when you are in the downtown area.
    It's a very casual sports hangout which some good food. The atmosphere is relaxed, televisions are hanging in several corners of the restaurant so you can watch your favorite sportsgame. So when there is icehockey, basketball, or baseball game going on you don't have to miss a minute of it. But they are put in such a way that they don't disturb you either.
    One cool thing you have to look at is their lamps, I think they are so much fun! They are all made out of beerbottles in a very creative way. So while you wait for your dinner look up and have a look at them :-)

If you are a meatlover this is a great place to go, they bring steaks weighing from 7 oz ($13) to 32 oz ($27). But they have a choice of fish and vegetarian dishes as well (although not that many).

I've never experienced it myself, but I am told that this restaurant can be very busy from Thursdays through Saturdays. So expect to wait for a table if you don't have a resvervation.

• sim1's Profile Photo

Armadillo: 'Belly pleasers' at The Armadillo

by sim1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

chocolate cake at the Armadillo

Don't forget to order dessert at the Armadillo! The dessert menu is called "belly pleasers' and they certainly did please my belly! Yummy! The chocolatecake here is like heaven... mmmmmmm, delicious! Hahaha, that is actually the name of a huge piece chocolate cake for more than one person : 'Chocolate Heaven Cake'.

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Armadillo: More regular american crap.

by Bela_LUng Written Feb 17, 2007

Another american grill place that serves the same *** from other american grill places. Fajitas, steaks, chicken, vomit, pasta, dead hookers, etc. Usual sterile ambience of crap. crapping in my pants.

Favorite Dish: Fajitas are indeed good. Only reason I go here.

Instant Answers: Toronto