Barbarians, Toronto

Right behind the Delta Chelsea Inn

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Barberians: The place to go if you want good meat

by rsilva Updated Apr 5, 2005

This restaurant is located on a quiet street, but it is not too difficult to find.

It is quite nice inside and apparently a lot of famous people eat or have eaten there. We didn't see any, but since we came for the meat we were not disappointed.

The service is outstanding, for instance, being European we were the only people in the restaurant that did not want ice in the water. The whole evening different waiters came and filled our glasses and never once did they forget our initial request - if only that worked everywhere else.
    All meat was excellent, I do not remember what else we had, but that is not really important anyway.

The only downside is the price. Expect to pay 100 CAD/per person, but I guess it is worth it as we went there twice.

Favorite Dish: The Filet mignon was very good

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Barbarians: Steak Heaven!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Nov 2, 2003

Barbarians seems to have had a long and distinguished history and clientele as well, judging from the many mementos scattered about inside! The restaurant is made up of two old houses, built in 1860, now joined together to provide a hodge-podge of rooms and stairways. It makes for interesting decor. In our case, we had a separate room just for the 12 of us from the meeting who decided to go out as a group. I found that this is not as pleasing to me as being in a room full of other people enjoying themselves - I guess that I just like to see what else is happening!

Favorite Dish: I decided to go with one of the smallest steaks that I could see on the menu - an 8 oz. filet mignon served with a baked potato, costing about US$25. This was preceded by a tomato and onion salad with vinegrette dressing for US$4. The meal was quite enjoyable, and a couple of bottles of Italian (Masi) and Australian (Penfolds) wine for the table certainly helped matters along!

• Business Travel