Baton Rouge, Toronto

by Grootpiet
  • Baton Rouge
    by RobDavis
  • Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Baton Rouge: Great Menu - a taste of the south.

by Tricky_Dicky69 Updated Jan 1, 2008

Baton Rouge interior

We ate here on our first night in Toronto after visiting what was then The Eaton Centre. The place was pretty busy but we managed to get a table. The menu was really varied and catered for most tastes. Plenty of delicious cajun dishes on offer.

Favorite Dish: I can't remember exactly what we had but know that it was good. Worth a visit.

Tricky Dicky's rating 7.5 / 10

• CheekyDee's Profile Photo

Baton Rouge: Yummy ribs

by CheekyDee Written Nov 5, 2005

Baton Rouge is a mid range priced restaurant. mid range to a bit higher of range depending on what you're eating. They have very famous ribs and honey baked beans. There are a few of them around Toronto, one is on Yonge St. at the Eaton Centre. The dark wood floors and beams, dark paint, and leather booths make it a very comfy place to eat. Great selection of various food, and great ambience, can be both a romantic or a family restaurant. It's not too noisy so it's definitely a place to talk.

Favorite Dish: Definitely go with the ribs if you eat them. The have a GREAT avocado sandwich, a very good sushi grade tuna sandwich and some wonderful entree sized salads. I also tried the shrimp cocktail, and let me tell ya, the shrimp were very large, so I was very pleased. I always come out very happy and satisfied whenever I eat here. They also have a killer spinach/artichoke dip with chips (or crisps as the British call them).

• jozwitch's Profile Photo

Baton Rouge: Ribs to die for

by jozwitch Written Aug 29, 2004

We decided to go to this place on a whim as we were passing by. It's right on Yonge Street just south of Dundas Square. It's a nice restaurant - cloth napkins and such. The place is huge and there were a lot of people there, so it's kind of loud.

Walking in I knew I was getting ribs - it smelled so good! And I loved them. They were the best ribs I have had in a while. The cole slaw and beans were good, too. Jason had barbecued chicken and he said that it was excellent as well. We also a couple of beers apiece. Total bill, plus tip: $100.

Our waiter was wonderful. He was so friendly and is definitely used to dealing with tourists. He made several suggestions for our visit. He told us that we were lucky that we decided on the best rib joint in Toronto. ;p

Favorite Dish: RIBS! They were so tender that the meat was falling off the bone. The sauce was really good, too.

• Baton Rouge: Sophisticated grilling

by Grootpiet Updated Jul 14, 2003

With it's central downtown location, Baton Rouge is a great place for dinner before a night on the town, or for resting during lunch after a hard day's shopping at the Eaton Center.

The ambience is high-class grill, and the bar mixes some pretty good martini's.

The first restaurant I ever went to in Toronto, it has a special place for me.

Favorite Dish: The ribs are buttery soft, if expensive. They also have the best chicken fingers (light, crispy dough) that I've ever had.

• The Baton-Rouge: Cajun Canuck

by RobDavis Updated Jul 9, 2003

The Baton-Rouge is a large, well appointed, moderately inexpensive restaurant that specializes in Louisiana-style food.
    The portions are decent, the prices are reasonable, and the food is tasty (although not exceptional).
    The serving staff seemed confused and mis-directed. I think we had about 6 different waiters bringing us other people's orders while we ate, but they were friendly and likable.

Favorite Dish: The ribs were very good, but you could probably find better in a rib or steak specialty restaurant. I ordered the Louisiana Chicken breast. I would hate to tangle with the chicken that had a breast that size!
    The fries are definitely good. (Shoe-string style)

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Baton Rouge!: Great Ribs!

by jamiesno Updated Feb 18, 2006

Baton Rouge Restaurant

The resaurant has great staff, very nice and clean and overall a great experience! Huge portions as well so be hungry!

Favorite Dish: Ribs!

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Baton Rouge
3.5 out of 5 stars