Bier Markt, Toronto

3.5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

58 The Esplanade, toronto, ON 416-862-7575

• Hoegarden, see, the glass is the size of my head!
    Hoegarden, see, the glass is the size of...
    by CheekyDee
  • Bier Markt
    by Agraichen
  • double fisting, me? never! hope mom never sees thi
    double fisting, me? never! hope mom...
    by CheekyDee
  • Bier Markt: DO NOT GO!!

by kenly0924 Written Sep 19, 2011

Their service is so slow. Their menu's gone down hill and they FORCE you to choose from fixed menus if you have a party size of 15+. I originally booked for 20 but since the pre-fixed menus were garbage I was forced to reduce my invites to eat from their normal menu. They would try and squeeze in my group so they can accommodate other.

If you do go, go for the beer but not for the food.

If you can, pass this on to all the people you can. I'm super bitter about their *** and want to bring them down.

Favorite Dish: Don't go to the Bier Markt. They are *** when it comes to bringing in innocent cupcakes to celebrate someone's birthday. They went as far as saying that we may "poison people" around us with the cupcakes. The GM guarded us at the entrance making sure NOTHING comes in. We were forced to go outside to eat. What's stopping me from giving these cupcakes to the people in line? The management would keep coming back to our table to make sure we weren't sneaking in any cupcakes.

If you do go, go for the beer but not for the food.

• Arial_27's Profile Photo

Bier Markt: Not only for beer-drinkers!

by Arial_27 Written Jan 4, 2008

I wouldn't recommend coming here on a Friday night as it gets VERY crowded and finding a place to sit is almost impossible unless you've made a reservation. This is a very classy, "higher-end" place, located right downtown, and makes for a great night out with friends or significant other or co-workers. There is supposed to be over 100 brands of beer from all over the world here. I'm not a beer drinker at all, but they also have lots of different kinds of fruit coolers and wines.

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Bier Markt: Half bar half nice restaurant but pricey...

by Bela_LUng Written Feb 17, 2007

This place has a lot of beers on tap and in bottle. You will find the beer you tasted in while on vacation. The price for food is expensive, but you do get some rather tasty food. They have some really good muscle (moules).

The place can get crowded after work, mostly when the Leafs are in town and playing as the ACC is close by.

Favorite Dish: Moules et Frites and tones of beer.

• CheekyDee's Profile Photo

Bier Markt: Beer Lager Beer Lager everywhere!!!!

by CheekyDee Written Nov 5, 2005

double fisting, me? never! hope mom never sees thi

Food?? what food??!!! As the name suggests, you don't really go to the Bier Markt for food, because literally, that's what it is, a hulargerous market of beer. It's in the lovely Esplanade area where all the British/Irish pubs are, and it's pretty great for its beer selection. Something silly like 300 kinds of lager or something crazy like that, their beer menu alone is like a book. I've been a few times, it's a lot of fun when you go with a bunch of people and just keep trying a different beer from every country you could possibly think of. There's live music on the weekends, and it can get super ultra packed, I've been on a weekday and a weekend, quite different experiences both because of the number of people that were there, but the beer was definitely good.

Favorite Dish: Hmmmmm, just the beer please! I liked the Hoegarden, the glass it came in was almost as big as my head :) Now THAT, is my kind of pint glass

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Bier Markt: Wonderful Beer Menu

by Agraichen Written Oct 31, 2004

Great Belgian beer restaurant with a bier menu that takes almost 20 minutes to actually read. Beers from around the world, but also greate food.

Favorite Dish: Starting with the Torine and Flatbread which was wonderful we followed with Chicken Supreme, Lamb and Scallops. All were done to perfection.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Bier Markt
4.0 out of 5 stars