BoatHouse Bar & Grill, Toronto

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

BoatHouse Bar & Grill: Backdrop for a film

by grandmaR Updated Oct 26, 2004

Looking at the filming from dinner

I went down to the waterfront to try to get a ride on the tall ship that was down there, but it was too early in the year (June).

So I took a regular cruise, and then shopped in Queen's Quay and had dinner there. I met some other folks I knew from the convention, and we ate together. At the same time some folks were filming (Toronto has an active film location industry) outside where we ate.

The restaurant has patio seating directly on the lake, but we ate inside because it was a bit cool.

Favorite Dish: I had Chowder for $4.99, Hawaiian Pizza $9.99 and tea for a total of $20.80 CN including tip.

The website says:

"Open daily for lunch at 11 am, the menu is continental/Canadian cuisine served in a friendly, casual, family atmosphere. The variety of our menu ensures a meal for every taste - a great selection - from steaks and seafood to salads and sandwiches. There is a selection of vegetarian meals and a great Children's menu!

"The BoatHouse is fully licensed with a great inside bar (lakeviews) and in the summer, a lively outdoor bar.

"Lunch and dinner entrees range from $8.99 to $24.99; reservations are recommended; large groups and parties are welcome."

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

The BoatHouse Grill: CLOSED Good to the Last Bite

by CdnJane Written Aug 24, 2003

Last bite of the KeyLime Cheesecake

On Queens Quay, right in the middle of all sorts of action... eat on the patio, inside, or sort of in-between.
    Great for people watching... and enjoying the waterfront.
    It was truly the people I was with that made it really special.

Favorite Dish: The steak was good... loved the seasoning.

The KeyLime Cheesecake was wonderful... I think it just kind of melted in my mouth.

I was disappointed with the fact that it took far too long to take our orders, and that they had run out of whipped cream... certainly disappointed those who had wanted it with their apple blossom.

Instant Answers: Toronto