Bright Pearl, Toronto

• Bright Pearl
    by beruangndut
  • Bright Pearl
    by Karolina01
  • The Bright Pearl Provides a Gleaming Memory!
    The Bright Pearl Provides a Gleaming...
    by NC_Ziggy
  • NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo

Bright Pearl: Dim Sum Done Right!

by NC_Ziggy Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Bright Pearl Provides a Gleaming Memory!

This was only my second time having Dim Sum (I've lived a sheltered life!) and was my best! Well, one out of two, what do you expect? Still, the Bright Pearl was a bustling, busy restaurant with lot's of people (always a good sign). The thing I like best about this style of cusine is that you don't have a big pile of food in front of your face and you feel like you must be in some race to finish or eat everything! This may have something to say about the growing obesity in America... Do 'ya think? Anyway, there is time to sip Green Tea between courses and generally the portions aren't so gagamongous especially when dining with a group of six or so.

I would definitely visit again and the company of VT'ers sharing the meal was great! So, DO DIM SUM DONE RIGHT at the BRIGHT PEARL!

Favorite Dish: Everything was great! I couldn't begin to tell you everything that I had, but it all was quite tasty and a pleasurable dining experience!

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Bright Pearl: Dim sum in Chinatown

by Dabs Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ellen (ellielou) thankfully did all the research for Saturday lunch and after perusing MANY different sources including Chowhound, picked Bright Pearl for dim sum. A very important factor in this decision was the necessity of having little ladies pushing carts to serve the food, not all dim sum is served that way but it was here.

The 2nd floor dining room is huge but we had no problem getting a table for the 7 of us on a Saturday afternoon around 12:30

Favorite Dish: What's nice about having a group of people for dim sum is that you get to try lots of different things and try lots of different things we did. We tried bunches of different things, lots of dumplings, lots of green leafy things (which of course I didn't eat!).

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Bright Pearl: Yum Dim Sum Yum!

by Bela_LUng Updated Apr 4, 2011

Tasty delicious Dim Sum here. Giant open room with tones of tables all over. They will cart the stuff around and you select what you want. The staff are very Chinese and I've had a hard time understanding what I am getting, but it's all good.

Favorite Dish: It's dim sum...I don't fricken know what was in that little ball of whatever the hell it was! But it was good!

• beruangndut's Profile Photo

Bright Pearl: The Best Dim Sum - A Must Try!

by beruangndut Updated Apr 4, 2011

I was a bit reluctant to try dim sum in a country other than Asia since dim sum was from China/Hong Kong. But I can say the dim sum in this restaurant is much much better than those in Asian country like Singapore and Malaysia. And I think the dim sum here is one of the best dim sum I've ever had. The place is right at the heart of Chinatown and it's always full during the weekend.
    The taste is really good and addictive for those who are crazy about dim sum. Really a must try when you're visiting Toronto.

Favorite Dish: The shrimp dumpling (hakau) is the best I think. Enjoy it with the chili sauce is the best combination.
    The green muscle is also a must try from this restaurant.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo

Bright Pearl: Great Asian Food

by Karolina01 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Wonderful experience and variety of chinese food.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is shrimp dumpling or steamed shrimp balls. I like shrimps.

Instant Answers: Toronto