CN tower Revolving restaurant, Toronto

• clareabee's Profile Photo

360 CN Tower: Bit of a tourist trap with great views

by clareabee Written Nov 13, 2011

Me at the CN Tower 360 restaurant

Ok so you can't come to Toronto without going to the CN tower restaurant. They kindly gave us a window seat as we were on our honeymoon and i have to say it was amazing!!! - we got there for 6pm so watched the sun set and the lights come on.
    The food was nothing special. Yes the portions were quite good but the peri peri chicken I don't think had been near Peri Peri and i was not too keen on the mash - it was really bitter as if it had olive oil in it - butter would have been far better - it was also the most expensive meal we had but certainly not the best!

Favorite Dish: The salad to start I would say was the best - the beetroot and cheese was lovely - could have done with more cheese though!

• Luxury Travel

• graememooney's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: Food with a view

by graememooney Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a fantastic way to visit the CN Tower. Instead of paying the price of admission, treat yourself to dinner and your visit up the tower is at no charge. The food is excellent and they have some dishes using uniquely Canadian ingredients.

Check out the link for the menu, pricing, etc.

• rsilva's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: Not a bad view

by rsilva Updated Apr 4, 2011

The view from our table... at a certain point

I had heard a lot about this restaurant, good and bad and did not really know what to expect. One thing everyone seemed to agree about was the great view.

Our experience was rather good. This is a quite expensive restaurant, so I was expecting good service and hoping for appropriate food. You can go for a fixed-price menu or "a la carte", we went for the second option

We started with a very nice rare seared tuna salad, served with beans, tomatoes and olives. We both love tuna and we were not dissapointed with this.
    I had the roast pork tenderloin with prunes and sage mashed potatoes. It was a bit to dry for my taste, but still good. I would not recommend it though as my girlfriend's dish was MUCH better.
    She had the "fish strak frites"... I know the name does not sound all that great, but it is actually "grilled swordfish with a cherry tomato, arugula, red onion salad, Yukon gold frites, Ni?oise olive aioli" and it was very good.

To finish it off, we had the exquisite "Dark chocolate tower", you must try it if you like chocolate.

This restaurant is renowned for having one of the best wine cellars (at over 300m height) in Canda, so if that is what you like, you will definetly find something here that will please you. There was one bottle priced at 15000 CAD... it was 8 liters though.

A main course at the restaurant will entitle you to the free ride up to the observation deck (usually 19 CAD).

Obviously and as the name indicates, it is a rotating restaurant, meaning that the view will change over the course of the meal. I was told it takes 72 minutes for a complete rotation. It is funny to see that you will loose your orientation if you are distracted. The washrooms that were just around the corner are suddenly on the other side... funny.

Prices are what you could expect in this kind of "luxury" restaurant. We paid 150 CAD (2 people) including tip, but if you think that we saved 38 CAD on the ride (you can easily combine a sightseeing session with a meal), it was not too bad.

• jgacis's Profile Photo

360 Restaurant: A High Dining Experience!

by jgacis Updated Nov 14, 2010
    Excellent dining views

The CN Tower Restaurant provides a great dining experience with good food and incredible views (weather permitting) of the Toronto city below. Menu selections include chicken, pork, and streak. During my visit, they had a $48 (CDN) 3-course meal (appetizer, entree, and dessert) which included the entrance fee to the CN Tower observation deck.

The meal I had included spinach-stuffed chicken and a salmon appetizer. Portions were moderate but not too small. Dessert included a slice of walnut-tart pie with a generous scoop of cranberry ice-cream. Food was very good and tasty, although the chicken skin was a bit hard to cut with the knife. Overall, the meal was very satifying.

Service was good and the atmosphere was pleasant with clean floors and well-maintained furnishings.

My visit was during a non-rainy day for lunch, so the city views were great. Only the floor rotates, so you may want to ensure that no personal belongings are placed near the windows. Full 360-degree rotation of the restaurant takes roughly about 45 minutes, more or less. While looking out you can see downtown Toronto, the urban sprawl on the northside of the city and Lake Ontario (with a small airport nearby) on the southside.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: DON'T GET DIZZY!

by Rich62 Updated Jun 11, 2009

ITS QUITE A VIEW

PRETTY SPECTACULAR VIEW from this restaurant. Toronto on one side, Lake Ontario on the other.

Favorite Dish: Its all good.

It costs $23 to visit the observation levels, or if you eat in the restaurant you must spend at least $30 for your meal. Thats not hard to do, since the minimum entree that I could find was $35. (These are costs as of May 2009)

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

CN Tower Revolving Restaurant: Fantastic View, Excitement & Good Food

by Mikebb Written Jul 6, 2008

Inside The Revolving Restauranr - CN Tower

This was an excellent night out, the restaurant was well set out with tiered tables allowing most diners to obtain a good view from their table. Most tables were broken up into smaller sizes, 2, 4, 6 or 8 persons which I thought was a good idea to prevent large group bookings controlling the venue.

We arrived at 6:30pm and I now understand why so early, we obtained a good daylight view from the tower and then enjoyed the city lights whilst enjoying the final section of our dinner.

Service and food were excellent and we had a most enjoyable evening. We were in a group of 37 people and had a special menu. I chose the Ceasar Salad for starter, Rib Beef with baked Spud & Vegetables and finished with cheesecake and coffee. All up cost US $68 included transport to and from the restaurant and an after dinner visit to the top of the tower and the Observation Balcony.

• Danusia30's Profile Photo

CN Tower Restaurant: High altitude dinner...with a lovely view

by Danusia30 Updated May 18, 2008

As I merely had an overnight layover between flights in the city, I had decided to go to this famous restaurant, and I thought it was nice!!! Lovely view, nice waiters, and pretty good food!! The only thing I didn't like is that I felt like I had to go through a maze leaving. There are no signs displaying a way out.

Favorite Dish: I had a Caesar's salad to start and it was very good, though I had jet-lag and could not eat much. For the main course, I had butternut squash filled ravioli in a sage cream sauce with asparagus in sauce bernaise on the side. The sauce bernaise was very good, it was like a mousse. The ravioli was good, but the sage cream sauce needed to have more substance, and more of a sage flavour...it just tasted like cream with some sage leaves.....I didn't have any room for dessert and just had a coffee while completing the hour view of the city....

• CN tower Revolving restaurant: Overpriced overcrowded and unhelpful management

by spanbird Written Sep 10, 2007

We booked four months in advance from England and expected to be seated next to the window. On arrival we were placed in the middle of three rows in what felt like a corridor as we were jostled constantly by people arriving and departing. We politely asked for a move but were told it was impossible unless we waited another hour in the bar. At their prices!! How long in advance do you have to book as we booked a specific time and yet were told it was a first come first served basis. What a let down. Toronto was the friendliest place we have been to yet the CN Tower which should have been a highlight of our trip was a disaster. We left without having a meal due to the uncaring treatment we received. We had been prepared to spend at least $200 dollars to enjoy our last night in Toronto.

Favorite Dish: Wish we could have tried one.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: 360 Restaurant, Tallest Restaurant!

by machomikemd Written Aug 4, 2007

Me with the Steak

It's always a smart bet to follow the locals when you dine on vacation, and the 360 Restaurant comes highly recommended: it's been voted by Toronto residents within the top eight venues for romantic atmosphere, best views, and decor.360 The Restaurant at the CN Tower, one of Toronto's finest, Situated on top of the CN Tower, the 360 is the largest revolving restaurant in the world. It features unforgettable food combined with a magnificent revolving view of Toronto more than 351 metres (1,151 ft) below. 360 offers market-fresh cuisine, featuring regional ingredients to ensure an incomparable culinary experience. 360 also features an award-winning wine selection of over 550 international and Canadian wines from its "cellar in the sky". 360 is the recipient of several awards and wonderful place to celebrate any special occasion.

If the measure of a view is height above the ground, then you can't top the truly astonishing panorama here. Gently revolving about two thirds of the way up the 550-meter CN Tower, you can enjoy breathtaking views and award-winning cuisine. Add flawless service and you can understand why this restaurant is booked weeks in advance. Canadian influences dominate the menu with choices such as Roast Rack of Lamb with Braised Leeks and Pork Chops in Smoked Barbecue Sauce. You can also choose from over 400 varieties of wine plus your entrance to skypod and other tower attractions are free if you eat here!

Favorite Dish: Since It costs $21.50 for a ride to up the main level, if you go you may as well eat at the 360 Restaurant because even though it's rather pricey there is no charge to ride up and the food is excellent. among the choices are:

boneless roast of half chicken rubbed with fresh herbs on seasonal vegetables (at 34 CAD), grilled filet of Atlantic salmon on new potatoes with tomato and caper beurre blanc (at 34 CAD), or pasta primavera with extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil.Canadian AAA Prime Rib of Beef with baked Prince Edward Island potato and natural juice (on my picture at 57 CAD). Trio of Atlantic Cocktail ( 48 CAD) also a good. (I'm a Glutton hehehe!)

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: A meal like no other

by Bela_LUng Written Feb 17, 2007

Well, you will never have done this before (unless you've been here before...). The restaurant is wayyyyyy up in the sky and revolves while you eat and chill out. Excellent to do at night time, when you see the lights of the city all around you. The food is quite good too, and the menu offers some great selections.

When you go to the restaurant you get a free ride up the elevator to the top, so you can then, after your meal, walk around and see the city some more, or go even higher to the top observation deck.

Favorite Dish: Lobster!

• agapehoneybee's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: Great View But Overpriced!

by agapehoneybee Written Aug 19, 2006

I came here only once but when you see the prices you really can only afford a one time visit. The restaurant is a tourist trap. I got lamb two ways and I believe it was $35. It lacked flavour and the meat was tough. My husband got the prime rib...again lacked flavour. A friend of mine went there as well at a different time and got the seafood platter. She got food poisoning. If you want a nice view...yes the CN tower is the place to see the city but to eat please save your money and go to a restuarant that actually is there to serve tasty food.
    Please note as well: It is required you order food. If you don't they will charge you anyway.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant (360 Degrees): Lunch is the time to go

by CdnJane Written Apr 15, 2006

Post lunch photo overlooking the Toronto Islands

Of course, the ambiance of the restaurant is created by the location - the view, and the fact of the rotation. It takes about an hour to 75 minutes to rotate around to where you began. The best time to go up? Well, lunch makes it cheaper, and if it is a clear day you can see to almost Niagara! Dinner time is lovely with the view of the city lights. The thing about the lunchtime, is that when you subtract the cost of the ride up to the restaurant, you're paying about $25 dollars + beverages for a 3 course meal.
    Lunchtime seemed quieter, and more likely to get you a table at the window.
    The serving staff are very good about taking a picture of your group, if you ask nicely.

Favorite Dish: I had the squash soup (forget the fancy name for it) - it was lovely. Great textures and flavours. My friend had the bibb lettuce salad, and he said that the dressing was quite tangy. He was happy with it, I think.
    We both had the salmon and while it wasn't awful it wasn't the best salmon that I'd had before. However, had we really wanted a seafood meal we should've gone to a seafood restaurant.
    We had 2 different cheesecakes, and mine was the better - banana and maple. It had a scoop of ice cream with it and was absolutely delicious. His was maple something, and wasn't worth writing home about.
    The wine menu was extensive ... and the prices matched the tower... one was well over $1000 - we didn't get that. We had a Henry of Pelham chardonnay which was rather pleasant.

• ky_wildcats_1's Profile Photo

CN tower 360* Revolving restaurant: You MUST SEE this

by ky_wildcats_1 Written Apr 6, 2006

Fine Food, fantastic view of the city. I have been twice. It is $50.00 US and up, but it includes the ride up. The ride up to the viewing deck alone is around $30 USD.

Favorite Dish: Seafood, but everything is delicious. Dessert, salad, wine... it's fantastic.

• CN tower Revolving restaurant: What a view and food excellent as well

by gussyireland Written Feb 24, 2006

Excellent service from reception to waiters. The vistas were excellent and the restaurant revolved at just the right speed to allow for a nice relaxed, although sometimes disoriented evening. The food was excellent and served promply enough but timed that you still had enough time between courses to savour the views.

Favorite Dish: Slow cooked prime rib .... a taste bud explosion.

• upesnlwc's Profile Photo

360 Restaurant CN Tower: Toronto at your fingertips

by upesnlwc Written Jan 17, 2006

It wouldn't have mattered to me what the waiter brought me during my visit to the 360 Restaurant. I was so mesmerized by the view, and beleive me you will to, that I was oblivious to what was going on around me. Sitting over 1000 feet in the air, overlooking one of the world's cleanest cities, eating a wonderful meal, this restaurant is a must see. The food was wonderful, and the wine list was long. There was something for every pallet.

Favorite Dish: I dined on a Filet Mignon, with a very nice Pinot Noir from Oregon.

Instant Answers: Toronto