CN tower Revolving restaurant, Toronto

Pudding!
    Famous chocolate tower
    View at dusk from the CN Tower
  • CheekyDee's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant aka The 360: A view not to miss and the food's gotten way bette

by CheekyDee Updated Dec 11, 2005

the whole lot at the 360 for lunch

The 360 Restaurant in the CN Tower is highly famous, the view is breath taking, there's really nothing like it. Go for dinner, the city lights at night make it absolutely beautiful and a great place for a date. The prices are quite expensive, but that's what you get for a revolving restaurant on top of the tallest free standing structure in the world! The food was good, it could have been better, considering the price you paid, but maybe it was just the dish I got. I went again a second time and the food was fantastic, so it's worth it, specially around the holiday season. We went for lunch and they had a fabulous holiday set menu fixed price of 36 dollars, and all 3 courses were fab!! Plus that was definitely a deal, normally 1 entree is over 35 dollars. It's quite an experience, a bit pricey, but luckily I wasn't paying, haha. Although I must say the view was definitely worh it, it takes the restaurant a full hour to spin the full 360, and it was a bit disconcerting in the beginning of the night, the slow movement, I guess if you're a bit delicate, might be wise to take an aspirin in case it gives you a headache. But it really shouldn't. The fun part is going to the women's washroom, and coming out at a different point, trying to find your table again since the floor's turning, haha! Luckily the sections are numbered :-)

Favorite Dish: They did have a great dessert, the dark tower I think it was called, all chocolate and quite lovely! I also had the pork tenderloin medallions with brie, apples, mashed potatoes and beans, absolutely heavenly!! Along with a mushroom soup with mascarpone cheese and a hazelnut tart, mmmmmmmmm, getting hungry thinking about itagain!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

CN tower 360 Restaurant: Rotating above the City

by grandmaR Updated Apr 12, 2005

Inside the Restaurant looking Out

When I was in Seattle five years previously, I discovered that if I went up in the Space Needle to eat dinner I would get my ride up free. Since then, I've looked out for big towers to eat in. The Toronto CN tower was my next chance.

Note: The restaurant rotates - it doesn't revolve. A thing rotates on an axis. Something that revolves goes around something else, like the earth revolves around the sun.

I was already at the Convention Center for my meeting, so it was pretty easy just to walk over to the CN tower. But I missed all the convention buses to the hotels, so I had to make my own way back.

These are the hours:

General Access 9:00am - 11:00pm
    9:00am - 11:00pm
    Information Desk staffed at 8:30am

360 Restaurant
    Lunch 11:00am - 2:00pm
    Sunday Brunch 10:30am - 2:00pm
    Dinner 4:30pm - 10:00pm
    4:30pm - 10:30pm (Friday and Saturday)

Favorite Dish: The cheapest tickets are: Look Out + Glass Floor (Taxes extra)

Adult (13-64) $18.99
    Senior (65+) $16.99
    Children (4-12) $13.99

I had soup, salmon and chocolate cake, and took a lot of pictures. It cost me $59.20 Canadian, counting tip. I figure subtracting the ride up that it actually only cost me about $40.21 Canadian to have dinner. And at that time with that exchange rate, it works out to less then $30 US.

See the two travelogues of views from the CN tower. One is of the harbor side which includes a picture of me taken by the waiter and the other is of the city side.

There are other places to eat up there other than the 360 Restaurant -

Lunch served 11:00am – 6:00pm

The Kiosk
    Coffee Service 8:30 am – 5:00 pm

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: Oh, the prices you'll overpay . . .

by sarahjayn Written Feb 24, 2005

some random drunk guys - drown the pain, boys

Okay, so I wasn't a really big fan of the CN Tower to begin with, so my review of this place might be tainted by my general distaste for its surroundings. As far as I could see, though, the restaurant was some Euro-esque pre-prepared dishes that basically tasted like cardboard but came with the price tag of a real restaurant - a good one, too, with, like cloth napkins and such. Anyway, no one I saw there was really happy with what they got. Vegetarian selections were very limited . . . there was only one thing on the menu I could eat. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Favorite Dish: The Diet Coke here is served cold and very, very crisp. It's damn near five dollars, though.

• CN tower Revolving restaurant: Great one off experience

by simoncmg Written Feb 20, 2005
    View from restaurant of the Islands

The revolving restaurant at the top of the CN Tower is worth a visit. The food was great, particularly the Carbanara, but it is pricey. If you eat in the restaurant it includes your entrance fee to the tower. If you want to go in the evening make sure you book in advance as when we were there they had a promotion on with the thearte all that week so was very busy.

• elmasri's Profile Photo

CN Tower Revolving Restaurant: Restaurant 360º

by elmasri Updated Jan 11, 2005

CN Tower

The subtle revolving room is the start of the show, one can see the whole city from east to west and the harbour front, all within the time it takes to have dinner. Aparently it takes just over an hour for the room to fully rotate.

Favorite Dish: I had a lamb shank very pretty decorated laced up with vegetables. It was both delicious and expensive but a special night is a special night...

Expect to pay CAD$ 120 for two people (wine included).

• coolpanda87's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: 360

by coolpanda87 Updated Mar 25, 2004

360 restaurant

During the last couple of years, I have come here for several occasions, including for brunch, dinner and lunch. The biggest draw for this restaurant is its phenomenal views and the acknowledgement that you are eating in the sky.....The food may not be the best in the city, but for its style and setting, all is forgiven.

MORE Coming soon...

Favorite Dish: I am somewhat annoyed by the lack of variety that they offer, but I guess the problems of altitude and small kitchen space cannot be fixed.

• Viajara's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: Awesome View and Good Food Too!

by Viajara Written Aug 30, 2003
    Looking Up at CN Tower

The revolving restaurant provides a breathtaking view of Toronto. I would make it my first stop in Toronto just to get the lay of the land. Prepare to go through security before entering the elevators that will deliver you to the restaurant.

• Architecture

• cute523's Profile Photo

The restaurant 360 at the CN tower: Enjoy the wonderful scenery!!

by cute523 Updated Feb 3, 2003

It's not so expenseive as people think. Because you don't have to pay the elevator fee (about $20) to go up the tower and you can enjoy wonderful scenery.
    In addition, mussels are really nice and cheap!!

Favorite Dish: Mussels and beef steaks

• Chrystyna's Profile Photo

360The Revolving Restaurant...

by Chrystyna Written Aug 26, 2002

The Revolving Restaurant atop the CN Tower
    Imagine drinking wine from the highest wine cellar in the world.

The 360 is one of Toronto's foremost restaurants. Having dined at a few of TO's top tables, the food perhaps wasn't the greatest, however, nothing can beat the view here on a clear evening.

The restaurant's decor is modern and chic, while maintaining that formal atmosphere. The service here is impeccable, non-intrusive yet very attentive. A problem I had? When I had sat down for my meal the ladies room was right by my table, by the end of my meal, I was at the other side. That's because this restaurant, perched at the top of the tallest free standing structure in the world, revolves.

One bonus: If you're dining at 360, you don't have to pay the entrance fee to the tower. (This is last I visited)

They do have prix fixe menus available however if you're going a la carte, the price is may be steep, even if you are making USD or GBP or any other currency stronger than our poor Loony. But if you're looking to pop the question, or just looking for something for that special occasion... 360 has never gone wrong.

Favorite Dish: Anything on their dessert menu

• Andrikos's Profile Photo

Dining on top of the world is...

by Andrikos Written Aug 24, 2002

Dining on top of the world is at the CN Tower in a revolving restaurant with beautiful 360 degrees views of Toronto.

Instant Answers: Toronto