CN tower Revolving restaurant, Toronto

View at dusk from the CN Tower
  • rsilva's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: Not a bad view

by rsilva Updated Apr 4, 2011

The view from our table... at a certain point

I had heard a lot about this restaurant, good and bad and did not really know what to expect. One thing everyone seemed to agree about was the great view.

Our experience was rather good. This is a quite expensive restaurant, so I was expecting good service and hoping for appropriate food. You can go for a fixed-price menu or "a la carte", we went for the second option

We started with a very nice rare seared tuna salad, served with beans, tomatoes and olives. We both love tuna and we were not dissapointed with this.
    I had the roast pork tenderloin with prunes and sage mashed potatoes. It was a bit to dry for my taste, but still good. I would not recommend it though as my girlfriend's dish was MUCH better.
    She had the "fish strak frites"... I know the name does not sound all that great, but it is actually "grilled swordfish with a cherry tomato, arugula, red onion salad, Yukon gold frites, Ni?oise olive aioli" and it was very good.

To finish it off, we had the exquisite "Dark chocolate tower", you must try it if you like chocolate.

This restaurant is renowned for having one of the best wine cellars (at over 300m height) in Canda, so if that is what you like, you will definetly find something here that will please you. There was one bottle priced at 15000 CAD... it was 8 liters though.

A main course at the restaurant will entitle you to the free ride up to the observation deck (usually 19 CAD).

Obviously and as the name indicates, it is a rotating restaurant, meaning that the view will change over the course of the meal. I was told it takes 72 minutes for a complete rotation. It is funny to see that you will loose your orientation if you are distracted. The washrooms that were just around the corner are suddenly on the other side... funny.

Prices are what you could expect in this kind of "luxury" restaurant. We paid 150 CAD (2 people) including tip, but if you think that we saved 38 CAD on the ride (you can easily combine a sightseeing session with a meal), it was not too bad.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

CN tower 360 Restaurant: Rotating above the City

by grandmaR Updated Apr 12, 2005

Inside the Restaurant looking Out

When I was in Seattle five years previously, I discovered that if I went up in the Space Needle to eat dinner I would get my ride up free. Since then, I've looked out for big towers to eat in. The Toronto CN tower was my next chance.

Note: The restaurant rotates - it doesn't revolve. A thing rotates on an axis. Something that revolves goes around something else, like the earth revolves around the sun.

I was already at the Convention Center for my meeting, so it was pretty easy just to walk over to the CN tower. But I missed all the convention buses to the hotels, so I had to make my own way back.

These are the hours:

General Access 9:00am - 11:00pm
    9:00am - 11:00pm
    Information Desk staffed at 8:30am

360 Restaurant
    Lunch 11:00am - 2:00pm
    Sunday Brunch 10:30am - 2:00pm
    Dinner 4:30pm - 10:00pm
    4:30pm - 10:30pm (Friday and Saturday)

Favorite Dish: The cheapest tickets are: Look Out + Glass Floor (Taxes extra)

Adult (13-64) $18.99
    Senior (65+) $16.99
    Children (4-12) $13.99

I had soup, salmon and chocolate cake, and took a lot of pictures. It cost me $59.20 Canadian, counting tip. I figure subtracting the ride up that it actually only cost me about $40.21 Canadian to have dinner. And at that time with that exchange rate, it works out to less then $30 US.

See the two travelogues of views from the CN tower. One is of the harbor side which includes a picture of me taken by the waiter and the other is of the city side.

There are other places to eat up there other than the 360 Restaurant -

• elmasri's Profile Photo

CN Tower Revolving Restaurant: Restaurant 360º

by elmasri Updated Jan 11, 2005

CN Tower

The subtle revolving room is the start of the show, one can see the whole city from east to west and the harbour front, all within the time it takes to have dinner. Aparently it takes just over an hour for the room to fully rotate.

Favorite Dish: I had a lamb shank very pretty decorated laced up with vegetables. It was both delicious and expensive but a special night is a special night...

Expect to pay CAD$ 120 for two people (wine included).

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

CN Tower Revolving Restaurant: Fantastic View, Excitement & Good Food

by Mikebb Written Jul 6, 2008

Inside The Revolving Restauranr - CN Tower

This was an excellent night out, the restaurant was well set out with tiered tables allowing most diners to obtain a good view from their table. Most tables were broken up into smaller sizes, 2, 4, 6 or 8 persons which I thought was a good idea to prevent large group bookings controlling the venue.

We arrived at 6:30pm and I now understand why so early, we obtained a good daylight view from the tower and then enjoyed the city lights whilst enjoying the final section of our dinner.

Service and food were excellent and we had a most enjoyable evening. We were in a group of 37 people and had a special menu. I chose the Ceasar Salad for starter, Rib Beef with baked Spud & Vegetables and finished with cheesecake and coffee. All up cost US $68 included transport to and from the restaurant and an after dinner visit to the top of the tower and the Observation Balcony.

• coolpanda87's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: 360

by coolpanda87 Updated Mar 25, 2004

360 restaurant

During the last couple of years, I have come here for several occasions, including for brunch, dinner and lunch. The biggest draw for this restaurant is its phenomenal views and the acknowledgement that you are eating in the sky.....The food may not be the best in the city, but for its style and setting, all is forgiven.

MORE Coming soon...

Favorite Dish: I am somewhat annoyed by the lack of variety that they offer, but I guess the problems of altitude and small kitchen space cannot be fixed.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant (360 Degrees): Lunch is the time to go

by CdnJane Written Apr 15, 2006

Post lunch photo overlooking the Toronto Islands

Of course, the ambiance of the restaurant is created by the location - the view, and the fact of the rotation. It takes about an hour to 75 minutes to rotate around to where you began. The best time to go up? Well, lunch makes it cheaper, and if it is a clear day you can see to almost Niagara! Dinner time is lovely with the view of the city lights. The thing about the lunchtime, is that when you subtract the cost of the ride up to the restaurant, you're paying about $25 dollars + beverages for a 3 course meal.
    Lunchtime seemed quieter, and more likely to get you a table at the window.
    The serving staff are very good about taking a picture of your group, if you ask nicely.

Favorite Dish: I had the squash soup (forget the fancy name for it) - it was lovely. Great textures and flavours. My friend had the bibb lettuce salad, and he said that the dressing was quite tangy. He was happy with it, I think.
    We both had the salmon and while it wasn't awful it wasn't the best salmon that I'd had before. However, had we really wanted a seafood meal we should've gone to a seafood restaurant.
    We had 2 different cheesecakes, and mine was the better - banana and maple. It had a scoop of ice cream with it and was absolutely delicious. His was maple something, and wasn't worth writing home about.
    The wine menu was extensive ... and the prices matched the tower... one was well over $1000 - we didn't get that. We had a Henry of Pelham chardonnay which was rather pleasant.

• cute523's Profile Photo

The restaurant 360 at the CN tower: Enjoy the wonderful scenery!!

by cute523 Updated Feb 3, 2003

It's not so expenseive as people think. Because you don't have to pay the elevator fee (about $20) to go up the tower and you can enjoy wonderful scenery.
    In addition, mussels are really nice and cheap!!

Favorite Dish: Mussels and beef steaks

• clareabee's Profile Photo

360 CN Tower: Bit of a tourist trap with great views

by clareabee Written Nov 13, 2011

Me at the CN Tower 360 restaurant

Ok so you can't come to Toronto without going to the CN tower restaurant. They kindly gave us a window seat as we were on our honeymoon and i have to say it was amazing!!! - we got there for 6pm so watched the sun set and the lights come on.
    The food was nothing special. Yes the portions were quite good but the peri peri chicken I don't think had been near Peri Peri and i was not too keen on the mash - it was really bitter as if it had olive oil in it - butter would have been far better - it was also the most expensive meal we had but certainly not the best!

Favorite Dish: The salad to start I would say was the best - the beetroot and cheese was lovely - could have done with more cheese though!

• Luxury Travel

• Danusia30's Profile Photo

CN Tower Restaurant: High altitude dinner...with a lovely view

by Danusia30 Updated May 18, 2008

As I merely had an overnight layover between flights in the city, I had decided to go to this famous restaurant, and I thought it was nice!!! Lovely view, nice waiters, and pretty good food!! The only thing I didn't like is that I felt like I had to go through a maze leaving. There are no signs displaying a way out.

Favorite Dish: I had a Caesar's salad to start and it was very good, though I had jet-lag and could not eat much. For the main course, I had butternut squash filled ravioli in a sage cream sauce with asparagus in sauce bernaise on the side. The sauce bernaise was very good, it was like a mousse. The ravioli was good, but the sage cream sauce needed to have more substance, and more of a sage flavour...it just tasted like cream with some sage leaves.....I didn't have any room for dessert and just had a coffee while completing the hour view of the city....

• graememooney's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: Food with a view

by graememooney Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a fantastic way to visit the CN Tower. Instead of paying the price of admission, treat yourself to dinner and your visit up the tower is at no charge. The food is excellent and they have some dishes using uniquely Canadian ingredients.

Check out the link for the menu, pricing, etc.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: DON'T GET DIZZY!

by Rich62 Updated Jun 11, 2009

ITS QUITE A VIEW

PRETTY SPECTACULAR VIEW from this restaurant. Toronto on one side, Lake Ontario on the other.

Favorite Dish: Its all good.

It costs $23 to visit the observation levels, or if you eat in the restaurant you must spend at least $30 for your meal. Thats not hard to do, since the minimum entree that I could find was $35. (These are costs as of May 2009)

• CheekyDee's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant aka The 360: A view not to miss and the food's gotten way bette

by CheekyDee Updated Dec 11, 2005

the whole lot at the 360 for lunch

The 360 Restaurant in the CN Tower is highly famous, the view is breath taking, there's really nothing like it. Go for dinner, the city lights at night make it absolutely beautiful and a great place for a date. The prices are quite expensive, but that's what you get for a revolving restaurant on top of the tallest free standing structure in the world! The food was good, it could have been better, considering the price you paid, but maybe it was just the dish I got. I went again a second time and the food was fantastic, so it's worth it, specially around the holiday season. We went for lunch and they had a fabulous holiday set menu fixed price of 36 dollars, and all 3 courses were fab!! Plus that was definitely a deal, normally 1 entree is over 35 dollars. It's quite an experience, a bit pricey, but luckily I wasn't paying, haha. Although I must say the view was definitely worh it, it takes the restaurant a full hour to spin the full 360, and it was a bit disconcerting in the beginning of the night, the slow movement, I guess if you're a bit delicate, might be wise to take an aspirin in case it gives you a headache. But it really shouldn't. The fun part is going to the women's washroom, and coming out at a different point, trying to find your table again since the floor's turning, haha! Luckily the sections are numbered :-)

Favorite Dish: They did have a great dessert, the dark tower I think it was called, all chocolate and quite lovely! I also had the pork tenderloin medallions with brie, apples, mashed potatoes and beans, absolutely heavenly!! Along with a mushroom soup with mascarpone cheese and a hazelnut tart, mmmmmmmmm, getting hungry thinking about itagain!

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: Oh, the prices you'll overpay . . .

by sarahjayn Written Feb 24, 2005

some random drunk guys - drown the pain, boys

Okay, so I wasn't a really big fan of the CN Tower to begin with, so my review of this place might be tainted by my general distaste for its surroundings. As far as I could see, though, the restaurant was some Euro-esque pre-prepared dishes that basically tasted like cardboard but came with the price tag of a real restaurant - a good one, too, with, like cloth napkins and such. Anyway, no one I saw there was really happy with what they got. Vegetarian selections were very limited . . . there was only one thing on the menu I could eat. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Favorite Dish: The Diet Coke here is served cold and very, very crisp. It's damn near five dollars, though.

• Chrystyna's Profile Photo

360The Revolving Restaurant...

by Chrystyna Written Aug 26, 2002

The Revolving Restaurant atop the CN Tower
    Imagine drinking wine from the highest wine cellar in the world.

The 360 is one of Toronto's foremost restaurants. Having dined at a few of TO's top tables, the food perhaps wasn't the greatest, however, nothing can beat the view here on a clear evening.

The restaurant's decor is modern and chic, while maintaining that formal atmosphere. The service here is impeccable, non-intrusive yet very attentive. A problem I had? When I had sat down for my meal the ladies room was right by my table, by the end of my meal, I was at the other side. That's because this restaurant, perched at the top of the tallest free standing structure in the world, revolves.

One bonus: If you're dining at 360, you don't have to pay the entrance fee to the tower. (This is last I visited)

They do have prix fixe menus available however if you're going a la carte, the price is may be steep, even if you are making USD or GBP or any other currency stronger than our poor Loony. But if you're looking to pop the question, or just looking for something for that special occasion... 360 has never gone wrong.

Favorite Dish: Anything on their dessert menu

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

CN tower Revolving restaurant: 360 Restaurant, Tallest Restaurant!

by machomikemd Written Aug 4, 2007

Me with the Steak

It's always a smart bet to follow the locals when you dine on vacation, and the 360 Restaurant comes highly recommended: it's been voted by Toronto residents within the top eight venues for romantic atmosphere, best views, and decor.360 The Restaurant at the CN Tower, one of Toronto's finest, Situated on top of the CN Tower, the 360 is the largest revolving restaurant in the world. It features unforgettable food combined with a magnificent revolving view of Toronto more than 351 metres (1,151 ft) below. 360 offers market-fresh cuisine, featuring regional ingredients to ensure an incomparable culinary experience. 360 also features an award-winning wine selection of over 550 international and Canadian wines from its "cellar in the sky". 360 is the recipient of several awards and wonderful place to celebrate any special occasion.

If the measure of a view is height above the ground, then you can't top the truly astonishing panorama here. Gently revolving about two thirds of the way up the 550-meter CN Tower, you can enjoy breathtaking views and award-winning cuisine. Add flawless service and you can understand why this restaurant is booked weeks in advance. Canadian influences dominate the menu with choices such as Roast Rack of Lamb with Braised Leeks and Pork Chops in Smoked Barbecue Sauce. You can also choose from over 400 varieties of wine plus your entrance to skypod and other tower attractions are free if you eat here!

Favorite Dish: Since It costs $21.50 for a ride to up the main level, if you go you may as well eat at the 360 Restaurant because even though it's rather pricey there is no charge to ride up and the food is excellent. among the choices are:

boneless roast of half chicken rubbed with fresh herbs on seasonal vegetables (at 34 CAD), grilled filet of Atlantic salmon on new potatoes with tomato and caper beurre blanc (at 34 CAD), or pasta primavera with extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil.Canadian AAA Prime Rib of Beef with baked Prince Edward Island potato and natural juice (on my picture at 57 CAD). Trio of Atlantic Cocktail ( 48 CAD) also a good. (I'm a Glutton hehehe!)

Instant Answers: Toronto