4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 5 Reviews

yummy hot chocolate, Cafe Crepe
    mmmmm....... cafe crepe
    by travelgirl78
  • Cafe Crepe: Total lack of hygiene!!

by aneurisma Written Dec 7, 2008

I just left this little place called Cafe Crepe, which has been there forever, at least as far as I can remember. I ordered a grilled panini to go, paid for it and as I waited I saw the cashier, the same girl who I gave 20 bucks to pay for the sandwich, going to the fridge and grabbing a ready made sandwich with her own bare hands and bring to the grill. Of course she didn't have time or intention to wash her hands in between handling the bill and grabbing the food. I couldn't believe and the I waited some more thinking of what I would do... While doing so, THE SAME EXACT GIRL rubbed her nose with her open left palm to clean it, and wiped it on her apron!!! Unbi-fu@!#$!-lievable!!!!! Couple of minutes later she did the same thing now with the right hand!!!! At that point I shivered in disgust!!!! AND THE MANAGER WAS RIGHT BESIDE HER!!! I got my sandwich, left the place and dumped it in the nearby trash can.

• travelgirl78's Profile Photo

Cafe Crepe: Delicious Crepes!

by travelgirl78 Written Dec 4, 2008

Cafe Crepe, Toronto

I am a huge fan of crepes, so I was very excited to come across this restaurant in Toronto. Their menu consists mainly of crepes, savory or sweet. The restaurant is centrally located in town (right on Queen St. West) and has a nice ambience. You can order crepes to go if you are in a hurry or on a budget (no tip needed), or you can sit down inside the cafe and have table service. I decided to eat at Cafe Crepe twice. One reason was because I wanted to try both a savory and a sweet crepe, and the other reason is that it is fairly cheap. The crepes are a bit more pricy than the ones you would find at a street cart, but it is an actual restaurant.

The first time there I created my own crepe. I had a crepe filled with ham, spinach, mushrooms, and cheese. It was really good except for the fact that there was a little too much pepper for my tastes. I also ordered a hot chocolate. It was delicious! The second time I went I ordered a chocolate (nutella is also available) and banana crepe. This one was outstanding. I munched away at the perfectly packed dessert crepe as I walked down the street checking out all the nearby shops.

The menu is filled with tons of options from egg based breakfast crepes, to decadent dessert crepes. I plan to try the dark chocolate and strawberry crepe next time I visit!

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the chocolate and banana crepe. I ordered it as a late breakfast/early lunch. It was delicious and just the right amount of food!

• esthero101's Profile Photo

Cafe Crepe: Mmmmmm Crepes!

by esthero101 Written Nov 7, 2006

This restaurant's method of advertising is quite effective; they have a window that opens from the crepe-making area to the street, enabling pedestrians to smell and stare (and inevitably, walk in!) When you do enter, you will be confounded by the number and variety of the crepes they offer, which run the range of Entree (eg. ham, spinach and egg) to Dessert (eg. cinnamon and butter). For those who aren't fans of the generous crepe portions, the restaurant also serves panini and Illy coffee, and serves them well. Enjoy!

Favorite Dish: I'm a big fan of the Banana-Hazelnut spread-Grand Marnier crepe. It will run you around $11, but it's well worth it if you're a true Nutella fan.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Cafe Crepe: Savoury or Sweet - A lovely Treat!

by CdnJane Written Feb 2, 2005

Cafe Crepe on Queen St

For the 2nd time I've had lunch with MissAntartica here, and both times I have been very happy with the decision. Just, this time I decided to write a tip about it.
    Surroundings, Ambiance - well nothing to write home about. The best part was never feeling rushed nor neglected either. Location was great - Queen St W at John Street.
    The food selection was pretty amazing - although I have yet to try anything on the 2nd page, jumped from savoury crepes to the dessert crepes - left out all the panini and other sandwiches, and the salad.
    I did have a laugh that while the menu is written in French then English that the waitor had to stop to think what the french words were - and I know my French accent is not that horrible!

Favorite Dish: I had the poulet avec fromage, mayonaise, et champignons - chicken, mayonaise, cheese (Emmental) and mushrooms. It was very filling and very very delicious. Loved the texture of the crepe plus the filling.
    We split a crepe with lemon sugar - and that was lovely and light and a good ending to the meal.
    The large cafe au lait, or whatever they called it, was definitely large! Most definitely too, worth the money.

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

Cafe Crepe: Something a little different

by MissAntarctica2002 Written Feb 25, 2004

On a whim I decided to try Cafe Crepe for lunch today. I was impressed! For what you could often pay for fast food you can get some astonishly delicious crepe dishes.

I had a savoury crepe with spinach, feta cheese and fried egg. I'm eager to go back and try some of the other ones on the menu. In addition to crepes they sell baguette and panini sandwiches. It's also licensed so you can get beer or wine.

The front of Cafe Crepe is set up for take out. You order from the menu and while you watch they prepare your crepe and fold/wrap it up in a way that lends itself to portable munching.

The back is for table service, with sleek booths. The atmosphere is very classy and posh, but the prices are very reasonable. Apparently the when you eat at the tables your crepe comes in the more traditional style on a plate to be eaten with a knife and fork. The dessert crepes seemed to be the most popular, especially the nutella and banana ones.

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe Crepe
50 Opinions