C'est What, Toronto

67 Front St. E 416-867-9499

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

C'est What: Great Place to Meet Up with Friends

by CdnJane Updated Mar 9, 2005

Went to C'est What because of a meetup of the Bookcrossing Toronto group. They had been there before, but it was my first time. A perfect place for us to sit and discuss books and get out of the cold. We had a spot beside the fireplace, 2 couches and a couple of chairs, and a big table to put our books on to exchange. The brick walls, and wood, and big comfy furniture all added to the ambiance of the place. Being there on a cold Tuesday night was great too, with not a lot of other patrons. Nice relaxing music in the background.
    The menu was a good and interesting eclectic mixture, and the prices were reasonable. The helpings were good size. The staff pretty much left us alone, maybe a little too much. While they put all our items on one bill, they printed it out individually for us when we went up to the bar.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken quesadilla which was quite good. The salsa was rather bland though. I don't like things too hot, but that had no bite at all. The blue chips were good. For an appetiser/starter size it was a meal portion.

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

C'est What: Cool relaxo place with good beers on tap.

by Bela_LUng Written Feb 17, 2007

This is cozy little bar/resto that is below ground (no, not in the center of the earth...but near the crust) and which has a cozy fire place and a long bar. The place is rather bright for my liking, but they offer beer so who cares! They have some rather non-standard beers on tap, which is cool. The food is kinda granola, not veg, but just with different twists to things that make ya think the dude who came up with the menu most likely did a lot of acid in the 60's. Good food though. I give it a 7.5 billion out 10 billion.

Favorite Dish: The beer. In my mangut.

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near C'est What
3.5 out of 5 stars