Dangerous Dan's, Toronto

4 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

714 Queen St. East (at Broadview) 416-463-7310

• "Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"
  • "Wall of Gluttony"
    by Unkle77
  • "Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"
  • Dangerous Dan's: The worst customer service i have ever witnessed

by Ladibug112 Written May 1, 2009

Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever witnessed….. My boyfriend and I had heard amazing things about Dangerous Dan’s Food so we decided to try it one weekend when we were in Toronto. We are both in our 30’s and had a couple with us who are in their late 50’s. Unfortunately my boyfriend is diabetic and on our way to the restaurant his sugar level dropped so low he could barely walk. We arrived at the restaurant and sat down while the gentleman behind the counter took an order from another couple. We then waited another 5 minutes after that for our order to be taken at which time my boyfriend was bent over half passed out on the table. I went to the back where they were preparing food and asked for a glass of milk explaining that we had a diabetic in our party whose sugar level dropped. The man I spoke to told me he was busy and could not get it for me right then. I then asked if I could have one of the bananas that were directly over his head and offered to pay for it when we ordered our meal. He was then very rude, telling me he was too busy and could not waste time with me. I told him again that I had a diabetic with me who needed something to bring his sugar level back up or he would be passed out on the floor of the diner and we would have an even greater medical emergency. The worker still did not care and ignored me after that. We left the restaurant and I’ll never be back. In my opinion they were not too busy to stop for a minute to help a customer especially when I tried to explain the situation. There were only 3 tables occupied and 2 of them already had food. Dangerous Dan’s lost out of at least 10 potential customers that day because we would have been back if the food had been any good and would have brought friends. The workers there definitely need to learn some customer service and realize that not everyone is just trying to con them out of something.

Favorite Dish: never got the chance to eat here as we had to leave to find immediate food for a diabetic. I didnt have time to play their games.

• Dangerous Dan's: A great place for the big appetite.

by eddieshore Updated Apr 30, 2007

This place is great value and it tastes pretty good too! The place is like an old American diner and the seats you sit in are old car seats. Its an authentic kind of place not somewhere where everything is shiny new. I like places which are not too touristy and this place is one of those. The food on offer is very meaty and this is NOT the place to go if you are a vegetarian although they do veggie burgers (aka tree hugger burgers at Dangerous Dans).
    The portions are absolutely huge and amazing value. This is a fun place to go with kids or friends.

I have not seen burgers bigger anywhere else in the world. I did finish the Quad C though and went back about a week later and ate the Coronary Burger followed by a Cookie Cow Pie. After the Quad C I felt fuller than I have ever have and had to lie down for quite a while.

Favorite Dish: The Coronary Burger Special
    2 8oz Patties, 4 Slices of Bacon, 2 Slices of Cheddar and a Fried Egg on top. Served w/ Fries and Gravy, Can of Pop and Mayo as a garnish for sure!
    Only $ 13.95

Quadruple C
    "Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"
    Only $ 22.99

• School Holidays
    • Study Abroad

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Dangerous Dan's: HUUUUUUUUUUUGE BURGERS!

by Bela_LUng Written Feb 17, 2007

OMFGBBQ! When they claim to have big burgers here, you can trust them. Holy ***. The burgers are obscene and well, delicious! You can get some really tasty milk shakes too, and poutine, and onion rings. All the usual greasy spoon stuff. And hell, there's a strip joint next door! Shake your lard! WOOO!

The seats are old car seats. Complete with seat belts!

Favorite Dish: Quadruple Coronary burger - it's bigger then your mom's ass. Huuuuuge.

• Dangerous Dan's: Mammoth Burger

by clearblueskydays Written Mar 28, 2006

If you need a burger why not go all out. This greasy diner is east of downtown in a Funky neighborhood directly across from a peeler joint named Jilly`s. The burgers are enormous and good-- some are up to 24 oz-- I recommend the Coronary Burger Special 16oz of beef, lotsa cheese and a fried egg on top--

• Unkle77's Profile Photo

Dangerous Dan's: "Collosal Colon Clogger"

by Unkle77 Written Oct 19, 2005

Dangerous Dan's Diner, where you wanna go to absolutely pig out. At Dangerous Dan's, it's all about BIG. Take a look at the menu, and the combos available ... Bronto Ribs Dinner- 2½ Lbs. Back Beef Ribs w/ French Fries or Mashed Potatoes, The Coronary Burger Special- 2 8oz Patties, 4 Slices of Bacon, 2 Slices of Cheddar and a Fried Egg on top. Served w/ Fries and Gravy, Can of Pop, and last but surely not least ... Quadruple C
    "Collosal Colon Clogger Combo" - 24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs. Also comes with a large shake (flavor of your choice) and a small poutine. Word of this burger joint got around Toronto, I've been a few times and indulged in a few of these combos. You never go home hungry from here. It's in a part of town that's a little dodgy, and the seats consist of rear car seats, but it's well worth the experience. Take down a "Quadruple C" and get your photo on the "Wall of Gluttony".
    Go check it out.

Favorite Dish: Quadruple C

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

Dangerous Dan's: Serious comfort food

by MissAntarctica2002 Updated Jan 23, 2004

Dangerous Dan's gets top marks when you want some serious diner chow. They specialize in burgers, but I've never had anything there that I didn't like.

We used to live in that neighbourhood and would sometimes order delivery from Dangerous Dan's. Never did work up the nerve to order a Coronary Special (huge burger with several cheeses, fried egg among other things served with poutine on the side), though.

Dangerous Dan's has great food and tons of personality.

Favorite Dish: Dan's serves the best poutine I've ever had. They also make great milkshakes, malts and floats.

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Dangerous Dan's
2.5 out of 5 stars