Duke of Argyle, Toronto

3 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

John St just north of King St.

• Hmmm I'm sure there was food on there a moment ago
    Hmmm I'm sure there was food on there a...
    by CdnJane
  • Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Duke of Argyle: Duke of (same damn place different location)

by Bela_LUng Written Feb 17, 2007

Standard pub fare and beer. The Duke of * places are all the same menu's and stuff. Same beer, different location. Tend to be located all in the downtown sector where the business folks go. They have a decent roast beef dinner on fridays.
    Chicken wings are weak on the spice. Suicide and you feel like it's finally getting close to hot... smithwicks on tap. Woot.

Favorite Dish: Beer.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Duke of Argyle: CLOSED East Coast Canada Pub Grub

by CdnJane Written Nov 27, 2004
    Hmmm I'm sure there was food on there a moment ago

It started off ok - we couldn't get into Alice Fazooli's so decided to walk along to King St. I remembered that I'd had decent food at the Duke of Argyle as we approached it. So, the menu seemed to appeal to all. To our surprise there was a table available immediately for our group of 7. After that the service kind of went downhill. I think our server had too many tables to look after - or she just didn't like us.

Favorite Dish: 'The fish burger thing that I had was great - although I didn't eat all the bun - a little too big to eat as a burger. The Caesar salad was excellent (in place of fries) and the coleslaw was one of the best I've had. The fruit crumble desert was good - very hot and great with the icecream.
    Good selection of beer... and other alcohol products.

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Duke of Argyle
3.5 out of 5 stars