Fionn MacCool, Toronto

King St West of Spadina

• Fionn MacCool
    by kris-t
  • Fionn MacCool on St. Clair Ave W.. same as on King
    Fionn MacCool on St. Clair Ave W.. same...
    by CdnJane
  • Fionn MacCool
    by tvor
  • fionn maccool's: Poor breakfast menu

by suetraveller Written Dec 12, 2010

I visited the new Fion Macools at the Toronto airport this morning prior to an early morning flight, looking for a sit down breakfast at a decent restaurant. This one seemed to be the only one available after going through security, and it looked alright, so we decided to try it.

The breakfast menu had the typical eggs sausage or bacon, home fries and toast, and a few other very high calorie unhealthy breakfasts. I asked the waiter if the eggs, etc, had real home fries or were they deep fried. He indicated that the home fries were deep fries. Unfortunately it is one of the shortcuts many restaurants are using; basically cutting up french fries and deep frying them. if they are serving cut up french fries it should be indicated in the menu as cut up french fries, not home fries, as they are cut up fresh or parboiled potatoes browned on the grill.
    I then asked if i may substitute a fruit cup for the high fat unhealthy fare and he said "no subs", but i could buy a fruit plate for 7.00. I decided that he could keep the garbage that he had to offer and I had an expensive fruit cup with my coffee. I had to wait for another 4 hours to get home and have a decent breakfast.
    Most decent restaurants have a side order menu that one can order a side order of eggs and a side order of toast and a side order of fruit. This would have been a much better option for the restaurant and the customers. The restaurant can charge higher prices for side orders and the customer may order what he or she would prefer.

After the fruit cup, and upon leaving the restaurant, I purchased a yogurt cup for $7.00! Can you believe yogurt for such a price!! I went to Tim Hortons purchased a coffee and sat down to perhaps finally get a decent breakfast. The yogurt was spoiled, and after only two spoonfuls, i felt ill all day.

It was a dreadful experience, and i will never attempt to buy food in Toronto Airport again. i will make sure that i purchase it elsewhere and consume it prior to going through security.

Not a good idea to try this new restaurant. 10 thumbs down!

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Fionn MacCool's: Irish Pub

by kris-t Written May 8, 2010

Enjoy a few pints in their cozy, traditional Irish pub in the heart of downtown Toronto. Great atmosphere, especially at night with the live Irish bands.

Sunday to Thursday
    11am to 1am
    Friday and Saturday
    11am to 2am

Favorite Dish: You can also enjoy authentic, freshly prepared Irish favourites and a selection of appetizers and entrees that leave typical Pub food behind.
    Try the lamb shank!

• Singles
    • Beer Tasting

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Fionn MacCool: Pubadubdub.

by Bela_LUng Written Feb 17, 2007

Typical Irish pub with expensive and what I consider over-priced food. The steak sammich comes with nothing but the damn sammich for 10 CAD. No salad, no fried, no metal rivets from a junked up Russian satellite. They have a decent selection of beers and offer oysters with the purchase of Guiness.

Favorite Dish: Wings are ok here. BUt can be pricey. Ugh.

• tvor's Profile Photo

Fionn MacCool: Irish Pubs (1)

by tvor Written Mar 15, 2006

Fionn McCool's is an Irish pub down by the Toronto Waterfront. It's located right next door to the overpriced and frantic BierMarket. Avoid that place and come to Fionn's. The atmosphere is very comfortable and the food was quite tasty. Some nice beers on tap. Pricy by my standards but probably not by Toronto standards where a full pint of an Irish import is $7.00. The menu is extensive and has some Irish traditional dishes as well as more sophisticated fare. We all enjoyed our meals immensely. They also have live entertainment, Celtic music.

Favorite Dish: I had the steak and mushroom pie. Another of our group had fish and chips with big solid pieces of fish.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Fionn MacCool: A Place That Cooks with Guinness is Alright by Me

by CdnJane Written Jan 12, 2004

Fionn MacCool on St. Clair Ave W.. same as on King

I was introduced to Fionn MacCool's just before Christmas as it was a pub near the office for our party. The atmosphere was very Irish, and warm and welcoming. That night I sampled some of their appetisers: potato wedges, baked brie, crab cakes, shrimp and other goodies.
    A coworker and I returned for lunch, and enjoyed it even more. She had a steak sandwich with fried onions, and I had the Guinness Steak and Mushroom Crock.
    I found that the price is right, and the music not too loud. The staff were friendly and very prompt. They were around when we needed them but not hovering.
    This is the only place that I've seen Rarebit on the menu, so will be returning with another friend who has been dying to try it.

Favorite Dish: I absolutely loved the Guinness Steak and Mushroom Crock. It was served with mashed potatoes on the side of the crock, and a mixture of hot, perfectly cooked vegetables. I ordered the small crock and it was just right for lunch. Perhaps the full order would be right for an evening meal where time wasn't of the essence, no work to rush back to. A pint of Guinness would've been nice to enjoy with this, but again... I had to get back to work!

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Fionn MacCool
3.5 out of 5 stars