Hard Rock Cafe, Toronto

by spidermiss
  • rsilva's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe (Yonge and Dundas): After all this is Neil Young's country

by rsilva Updated May 5, 2005

Well, the Hard Rock cafe is known worldwide, there are restaurants in most countries (all that I have been to), therefore you either like it and try to buy the shirt from the "coolest" location (I've seen far too many Hard Rock Cafe Miami or Los Angeles...) or you just avoid it.

I am in between. I bought the shirts for my brother and sister (they were 15 and 16 at the time) and I decided to eat there once, after all we are in Neil Young's country.
    We were obviously treated to the "Rockin' in the free world" (great song, but not my favourite) video while we were eating.

I should add that this was the first restaurant we went to in Canada.

We were greated by a very happy-looking waiter who asked, with a big smile on his face: "How are you doing guys?".
    So what?, you might ask. We are European. In Europe waiters don't ask how you are doing... We got used to this after a few days. BTW, I'm not complaining, it is just something we are not used to.

We had a New York Strip and a Pork Shank, which were both very good.

Overall, I was happy with both the food and the service. I would go there again (in any case, Neil Young would have made it worthwhile anyway).

If you are interested, this was the second Hard Rock Cafe to open in the whole world (after London)!

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Excellent & Well Known Cafe in Toronto

by freddie18 Updated Feb 28, 2009

At Dundas Square Toronto

Who doesn't know Hard Rock Cafe? It is literally everywhere and branches were just opened in India, Aruba, Spain, and China. A couple of more cafes are opening all over the world.

Try Open Faced Sirloin Sandwich to the Grilled Hawaiian Chicken, from the Honey-Mustard Grilled Chicken Sandwich to the HRC Baker’s Choice (a special dessert offering that changes daily), you can't go wrong. These join our already famous Legendary Burger, Twisted Mac & Cheese, and Hickory Smoked Pulled-Pork Sandwich, all of which, of course, ROCK.

Stop by today to check out the new menu, the classic menu items.

We’ll see you there!

• Singles

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Save The Planet! Love All! Serve All!

by spidermiss Updated Apr 18, 2011

Dawn at Hard Rock Cafe, Toronto

After I visited CN Tower, I stopped by at the Hard Rock Cafe at The Rogers Centre (now relocated to Yonge Street) where I had a pleasant meal and saw the Abororiginal Show from the cafe's windows! The menu is of similar international choices as to other venues worldwide.

• Hard Rock Cafe at the Skydome...

by kahiwa Written Aug 24, 2002

Hard Rock Cafe at the Skydome is awesome. If you're into Hard Rocks, which I'm not really but the people I was travelling with are, this one was pretty cool. The cafe is literally part of the Toronto Skydome arena, and from a window seat at the cafe you could watch a baseball game with the same view as an exclusive reserved sky box. The food is the same as all Hard Rocks, but it's kind of fun to watch the field - even if there wasn't a game in progress when we got there and we just watched the maintenance guys doing their thing.

• HumblyServingChrist's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Rock out with a view of home plate

by HumblyServingChrist Written Nov 3, 2003

In addition to boasting the chain's trademark memorabilia on its walls the Hard Rock Cafe in Toronto has the added appeal of window seats overlooking the Blue Jays' home field in the Skydome. While I was not there during a game, my family and I ate at a table with windowside seats looking down at the diamond. It is very cool to see all of the seats, the jumbotron, and yes, the hotel that is built into the north side of the stadium.

• Architecture

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: This one is cool !!!!!

by jlanza29 Written Apr 29, 2005

I have to admit when my cousin's told me we were gonna go and eat at Hard Rock Cafe I was really disappointed, there are so many great restaurant all over Toronto, and they had to take me to one of the crappiest !!! So I was not a happy camper, but then we pulled up to the SkyDome and went inside Hard Rock Cafe...that's where my thoughts changed about this HARD ROCK CAFE !!!!! don't get me wrong I was not there for the food, but for the game and it was cool !!! They charge $5 extra dollars per person to sit on a window overlooking center field and that was cool......I had seen this on TV 1,000 times but in person it was really a great view !!!! and it was worth the afternoon outing !!!!! didn't eat anything but had plenty of expensive drinks during the game !!!!!

Favorite Dish: The food here is terrible !!!!! don't eat a thing here if you could help it, but it's a must to check out during games !!!!!!!

• Arial_27's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Great location, great food

by Arial_27 Written Jan 4, 2008

I've only been to one other Hard Rock besides this one, and it was in New York City. So comparing that location to the Toronto one, I'd say that the Toronto Hard Rock Cafe is extremely small, crowded and pretty noisy - which can be good depending on what kind of atmosphere you prefer.
    It has a great location downtown; right on the Dundas Square and across the street from the Eaton Centre. The service and food is pretty good, although the Hard Rock has changed the menu recently (2007) so you can take a look at the website to see the updates.

• Dark_Reflections's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Rock music and food couldn't be a better combo!

by Dark_Reflections Written Feb 8, 2004
    The amazing Hard Rock Cafe

Ok, first of all this place is amazing! The food is great, but the stuff they have in here is crazy! They have "historical artifacts" of rock music all over the place! Guitars of famous musicians hang on the walls, and posters and pictures of rock legends are everywhere! The service was also good. This place combines great food with great music, and I'll always make time to stop by again if I'm in the area!

Favorite Dish: I have only been to the Hard Rock Cafe once, and I had Pizza and a side order of fries. They were both great. It doesn't really need a detailed description, as pizza is pizza and fries are fries.

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Hard Rock Cafe
3.5 out of 5 stars