Lick's Hamburgers and Ice Cream, Toronto

3.5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

• Kids enjoying the play centre come in all ages!
    Kids enjoying the play centre come in...
    Interior View
  • Today I ordered one of their Health Platters
    Today I ordered one of their Health...
  • Paul2001's Profile Photo

Lick's Hamburgers and Ice Cream: The Best Fast Food Restaurant in the World!

by Paul2001 Updated Nov 11, 2009

Well that is saying something but I truly believe it. I have never tasted hamburgers or fries as good as I have had at Lick's.
    Lick's is very popular and you usually have to line up for a while to get your burger. Besides great hamburgers these franchises serve supposedly very good veggie burgers. So if you are looking for a cheap and fast place to eat in T.O. then give Lick's a try.
    (oddly enough this particular Lick's in the photograph just closed down, but many others are still open.)

Favorite Dish: The homeburgers are the best!

The Lick's at Yonge and Eglington

• Martman's Profile Photo

Lick's Hamburgers and Ice Cream: LICK'S great burger place

by Martman Updated Oct 15, 2006

I enjoy Lick's very much. It is a great burger place that caters for all ages. I find their burgers extremely tasty and filling. They have a large variety, including turkey burgers. Their menu even includes special platters for those who prefer less calories. Most branches also have a play area for babies and young kids.

Though I myself am not vegetarian, nearly every vegetarian that I have met, believes that their Vegie Burgers around. I also find the staff to be extremely friendly.

Favorite Dish: Personally, I love their onion rings!

Lick's in Richmond Hill (Just north of Toronto) Interior View Today I ordered one of their Health Platters My friends' kids enjoying their play centre Kids enjoying the play centre come in all ages!

• j-san's Profile Photo

Lick's Hamburgers and Ice Cream: pretty tasty junk food

by j-san Written Aug 13, 2005

The staff sing your order to each other and ask you your name. We were Mickey, Minnie, Elvis and some other Walt Disney character I believe.

Favorite Dish: Having eaten a very heavy breakfast of fried bacon, eggs, onions, tomatoes, toast with butter and coffee... well it wasn't any wonder I wasn't really upto this. However the ceaser salad was really good (don't want to know the calories of that!), I had the side order which was more than big enough and at $2.99 not bad. My friends dug into hamburgers. I took several bites of one and it was juicy and tasty, reminded me of Japan's Mos Burger. Then I tried the wicked Poutine: Fries and Gravy with Cheddar Cheese! YUMYUM!

• paulbrec's Profile Photo

Lick's Hamburgers and Ice Cream: A good place to avoid

by paulbrec Updated May 28, 2005

I try my best not to give a negative review of a place. I have to say that I was not happy with my last two visits to this location. They messed up my order the last two times. The staff were yelling orders back and forth, and all over the place. Then, they broke into song. They all started singing! It seems to me that the staff should do less yelling and singing, and more concentrating on the orders! I also find that the prices are much higher than they should be. The food is good, even though I was too angry to enjoy it. This is still a fast food restaurant. A hamburger, fries and Coke is over $10! If you are going to pay this much, you are better off going to a good table-service restaurant like The Pickle Barrel (Below).
    UPDATE: Another visit, and once again they forgot something. I am begining to think that they are doing this on purpose. I can't believe that the same restaraunt can screw up the same person's orders 3 different times in a row. I don't know why I keep going back. I guess I hope that some day they will get my order right. I think this problem is only at this location, because the other Lick's are not that bad.
    CONGATS, I went back to this Licks locations, and they acually got my entire order right. Things are looking up.

Favorite Dish: I like the "Guk". It appears to be a mixture of rellish and mayonaise. Great for dipping fries!

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Lick's Hamburgers and Ice Cream: Not for the timid of Garlic

by CdnJane Updated Oct 31, 2004

Lick's Homeburgers are popping up all over the place, not just around Toronto, but north to Barrie, and beyond. They began as a ice cream place in the Beaches area of Toronto, and then their "homeburgers" took off.
    One of the fun parts of the experience is that as you place your order, the cashier will call it out to the cooking staff... an order of Onion Rings will become "Ring-ed-dy Dings".. Taters n' Cream becomes TNC, there are hot diggedy dogs... and then there are the singing grill staff. You will be asked for your first name and THEY - not you! - will push your tray around to the area where they put on the fixings.
    If you don't like garlic... then do NOT - I repeat - NOT ask for any of their GUK! It will come back to haunt you... and anyone who comes near you or had considered coming near you. I do believe that the Lick's folks have a severe fear of vampires, or there wouldn't be quite so much garlic used! There was a Lick's outlet near my office and every couple of weeks someone would make a Lick's run - well, everyone knew it after the food arrived - the garlic permeated the air!
    The music being played is 1950s-1960s, and it really is an upbeat place to eat in or take out.
    You can buy frozen packages of Lick's Homeburgers and Veggie Burgers at Lick's and now also in many of the Toronto area grocery stores. They also sell bottles of Guk and I think their BBQ sauce as well. So you can do your own Lick's parties at home.

Favorite Dish: Oh yes, you don't go to Licks if you are dieting... well, I suppose you could. Their salads look quite healthy and nice. I've never had one, or met anyone that has.
    Personally, when I am in a totally indulgent mood, I love the Chick'n Licken (with cheese) which is a grilled (not breaded) chicken breast, with their bbq sauce, and then I pig out on "Taters n Cream" - fries with cheese, sour cream, chives and bacon bits. I add a bit of vinegar to spice 'em up. Apparently their poutine is good too.
    Oh, when they say LARGE drink - it is huge! They will warn you if you ask for large.

Instant Answers: Toronto