Old Spaghetti Factory, Toronto

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

54 The Esplanade Across the street from Novotel

• The famous streetcar - which you can dine in!
    The famous streetcar - which you can...
    by kehale
    The carousel that you can also dine in!
    The front of the restaurant
  • kehale's Profile Photo

The Old Spaghetti Factory: Great Pasta for a Great Price!

by kehale Updated Aug 25, 2009

The front of the restaurant

The Old Spaghetti Factory is a must when visiting Toronto. Growing up outside the city we frequented it often, and even now when I bring visitors to the city, I make sure they try this place. The restaurant is full of all kinds of antiques and interesting pieces, I'm still finding new things and pieces to admire when I visit. With a variety of pasta dishes, as well as meat, salads and soups there is usually something for everyone!

Favorite Dish: Their sourdough bread and whipped butter is fantastic - I prefer the garlic butter! Of course the bread is endless and they are usually pretty quick with bringing you a new, fresh loaf.

I'm all about the spaghetti with meatballs! Traditional and delicious.

Of course all meals come with salad or soup to start, your entree and then a dish of ice cream and tea or coffee! Really - you can't beat it!

• daffodil's Profile Photo

Old Spaghetti Factory: Toronto Landmark

by daffodil Written Aug 18, 2004

A very large restaurant with fun decor this place has been around for a while and you can expect good service and good food. The typical tourist items can be purchased at the front, but they are expensive.

Favorite Dish: Spagetti with meatballs. It is lot of food, but good.

• Old Spaghetti Factory: I beg to differ....

by ElDiabloRojo Written Mar 3, 2004

Hmmm...I beg to differ from the other reviewers. When I went the line-up was long and the meal was mediocre. This is the only restaurant I have ever been to where they try to take your plate away while you are still eating...! There are lots of excellent alternatives.

• Chrystyna's Profile Photo

The Old Spaghetti Factory: The Old Spaghetti Factory

by Chrystyna Written Aug 26, 2002

This is a definite Toronto institution. Located on the esplanade, the Old Spaghetti Factory is a great place to grab a bite after a day of sightseeing. All of their dinners include fresh baked sourdough bread with plain or garlic butter, Minestrone soup or crisp green salad with a choice of French, 1000 Island, Ranch, Blue Cheese, Balsamic Vinaigrette or House Italian dressing and bottomless fresh ground regular or decaf coffee or hot tea or unsweeteneed iced tea and spumoni ice cream.

An example of prices are Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce is $7.99 CDN or Penne with Chicken $11.99 CDN. Remember, those meals come with the aforementioned items, so it's a great deal!

Favorite Dish: EVERYTHING!
    I can't even think where to begin. It's a great place!

• KirstenL4W's Profile Photo

The Old Spaghetti Factory. My...

by KirstenL4W Written Aug 25, 2002

The Old Spaghetti Factory. My friend Derek and I went there on my last night in Toronto.
    This place is huge! It doesnt look that big from the outside, but once inside, the place seems to go on forever. They can easily handle busloads of people. I also loved the decor - there was a carousel inside the restaurant!

Favorite Dish: Spaghetti! Any decent pasta restaurant will give you lots of pasta, and this one did its job. There isn't a lot of variety on the menu, but if you like pasta, you'll be happy. We got, as you probably guessed by now, spaghetti, and the dinner price included this: unlimited amounts of fresh bread and fresh whipped butter and garlic butter (soft, not frozed bricks of butter), salad with your choice of dressing, the main dish, and dessert, which is a dish of ice cream in your choice of 4 flavors. It cost the 2 of us a grand total of $25 CDN, which I thought was a great bargain. And, service was very quick, unexpected for a Friday night.

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Old Spaghetti Factory
3.5 out of 5 stars