Pickle Barrel, Toronto

4.5 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

Yonge and Eglinton, right over subway station.

• PICKLE BARREL: amazing! everyone visiting toronto MUST go

by spencer265 Written Jul 23, 2010

My family and I had a great experience at the pickle Barrel last night. The restaurant was very busy and but that did not affect our service at all! Once we sat down the waitress arrived within a few short minutes and was very attentive to our table throughout the whole meal. The Food was very good and arrived at our table at the same time. The menu had a great selection of appetizers, entrees, and the desserts looked amazing! I will definetly return to Pickle Barrel.

• Martman's Profile Photo

Pickle Barrel: Huge Variety Deli Restaurant

by Martman Updated Oct 18, 2006

Pickle Barrel used to have only a few branches but kept opening new ones in the city. I ticked "deli" as that is the closest description. In fact, they serve every type of dish. This is a great restaurant for a large group due to the variety of dishes i.e. there is bound to be something for every taste. I find their food very tasty with portions larger than average. As far as I remember, I have enjoyed everything there that I have ordered.

One of their many food outlets in the city.

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Pickle Barrel - Atrium On Bay: Huge selection and... clean

by rsilva Written Nov 23, 2005

Pickle Barrel is a chain of restaurants and this tip refers to the one on Atrium On Bay.

For me a clean restaurant is always a good sign. This one had recently been renovated and was spotlessly clean. I even saw a waiter on his knees cleaning the foot of the table.
    This was a good start, the restaurant is quite nice and appealing. There are many booths (which I personally prefer) and also some individual tables. The round booths are extremely attractive and well decorated.

About the food: the menu is HUGE, there are at least 10 pages of stuff that is sure to please almost everyone. From salads to food from the grill and Pasta to Fish & Seafood the difficult thing is to choose.
    We went twice and had Beef Fajitas, Chicken Spinash Salad, Steak and Eggs and a Californian Grilled Vegetable and Avocado Wrap. None of them were the best we have had, but all of good quality and prices are very reasonable, so it is a great place to go for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. It is also open until quite late.

Service was also quite good, waiters and waitresses were nice and polite.

I would go there again.

• paulbrec's Profile Photo

Pickle Barrel: Good Food, Excellent Service

by paulbrec Updated Jun 19, 2004

The menu typically contains your "basic" sit-down restaurant items. Burgers, steaks, pastas, chicken wings, salads, soups, sandwiches. I usually go to the location at Atrium on Bay (Yonge and Dundas), and I have never had poor service, or bad food. I have tried practically the whole menu, and everything is good. I don't think you will ever have a bad meal here. Although a bit "pricey" (This is not a fast food restaurant), its a good place for casual dining. It will cost an average of $13 CDN per person, without alcoholic beverages.

Favorite Dish: Their burgers are excellent. I especially like the Mushroom-Swiss burger. All burgers are served with fries and cole slaw for about $9. And the burgers are huge. I think they are 8 oz. burgers. They are much bigger than fast food burgers, anyway. They put this huge slice of purple onion on, and your other basic ingedients. Plus, mayonnaise, if you want.

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

Pickle Barrel: Not just pickles

by MissAntarctica2002 Written Feb 15, 2004

My husband and I have been several times to the Pickle Barrel on Yonge Street just north of the Eaton Centre. We have enjoyed it every time.

Their menu is quite varied, but it is all very hearty and tasty. Nothing terribly avant garde here, just good solid food.

Open 8am-midnight

Favorite Dish: I love Eggs Benedict, and have often had that at Pickle Barrel regardless of the time of day. I also enjoy their corned beef and hot turkey sandwiches. Hubby has tried many of their different burger selections and enjoyed them all. They also make great ice cream floats.

Pickle Barrel in Toronto

• For the single traveler,...

by cool40 Written Aug 25, 2002

For the single traveler, Pickle Barrel can satisfy all needs for all three meals. Very good buy with US/CN exchange rate. Close to subway. (Other restaurants suitable for those dining alone are listed in the 'ZAGAT Survey'.
    A family restaurant with a bar!!! Atmosphere. Large menu.

Favorite Dish: Any breakfast. They're big. Bacon and eggs includes THREE eggs and Latkes.

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Pickle Barrel
4.0 out of 5 stars