Richtree, Toronto

by shohman
    by rsilva
  • Richtree Eaton Center: Overrated

by wylie175 Written Jun 8, 2011

There are many different Richtree locations across the city. The ones I know of are the one at the Eaton Center and the one at BCE place. Personally I've never had an issue with them and used to think very highly of them until two day ago when I found an olive pit in their pizza that cracked a tooth two days later still getting the runaround from Corporate office. They lack customer service and know nothing about accountability.

Favorite Dish: See above....

• The Richtree Market: Choice and Cheap!!

by Triviara Updated Apr 4, 2011

Great place to eat if you want variety and goood food. You can get everything from BBQ, seafood, Italian, Sushi, Deli, Bakery, Coffee, Pizza, Stirfry, Soup, Salads...and on and on.
    The food is top quality and fresh! Everyone in your party gets a card to swipe and everytime you get food, they swipe your card. At the end of the meal just bring the cards to the cashier...easy as that. The prices are awesome! Our family of 4 spent no more than $60 each meal and everyone got exactly what they felt like having. The place is busy from morning to late at night and I can see why. We ate there every meal but one on our trip.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Fajitas, Calzones, Pasta, the HOT CHOCOLATE>>WOW...the desserts..mmmmm and the French toast was the best ever. Everything is good!

• heitzenrater's Profile Photo

Richtree: Bit of everything!

by heitzenrater Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Where the food at!

Individual cooking stations provide fresh daily specials of salads, seafood, pasta, poultry and meats to order. In-house bakery. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, late-night daily.

A little intimidating at first. upon entering you notice that there is a plethora of food choices stimulating your taste buds. They give you a swipe card. This card is used to track your food purchases. On the way out they swipe the card to give you bill. A unique concept and good eating experience, although a little crowed. It was during lunch on a weekday.

Enjoy!

Favorite Dish: Too much to choose from to give you just one choice.

IF YOU LIKE MY POST PLEASE GIVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, THANKS.

• top_vapour's Profile Photo

Richtree: Fantastic and Fresh Food!

by top_vapour Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Seating Area Outside Richtree

The Restaurant:
    Always clean, yet full of life. This is one of "the" places to go in Toronto. If you go in there a few times during your stay the staff there actually remember you. The use of swipe cards there is also a great idea - just gives you the freedom to get up when you want and just get whatever food you'd like rather than have to keep ordering it all the time. (Picture below - sourced from internet - shows the seating in BCE place).

The Food:
    This restaurant certainly owns something special. They offer a huge variety of food from fresh pasta, to freshly squeezed juice. Everything is fresh (only way to describe it). See below!

Would I go there again?
    Definetly 10/10!

Favorite Dish: Pancakes (with Maple Syrup) For Breakfast *
    Why is it so good? Its freshly made right in front of you, they are pretty big for the price you would pay at home. All pancakes come with a sauce (of your choice) which they will put a lot on if you ask them too!

Pizza (any toppings) For Dinner *
    I guess, this is a slightly stereotypically choice for dinner when it comes to teenagers. But to be honest I have NEVER tasted anything so good! Its not a pizza you would see at a normal restaurant, not one you would get from a pizza delivery place nor one you can get at the supermarket.

Instead, I was pleased to find that the freshly make the pizza right in front of you - with all the toppings you can have on display. It takes about 10 minutes to cook, you don't have to pay up front (use restaurant swipe card) and they still remember which pizza you ordered! Plus is delicious too!!!

• Business Travel

• El_Cookie's Profile Photo

Richtree: Don't film in there

by El_Cookie Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a unique restaurant. There are all kinds of foods available. Its basically set up like a buffet but with a kitchen for every plate. Ok that doesn't say much...i'll try again. If you want a dessert there is a booth for desserts, if want want a steak there is a booth set up for steaks and you can pick wich steak you want them to cook for you. I don't think i'm doing any justice to the restaurant so i'll stop. I filmed a little in there till I was told I coudn't ...no explanation but hey I respected their wishes.

Favorite Dish: Try the 6oz Ribeye, Potato, and veggies.

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Richtree Market Restaurants: And now for something completely different

by rsilva Written Nov 23, 2005

First of all, this is a self-service restaurant. If you prefer to be served, this is not the place for you.
    This is a chain of restaurants, but I refer to the one on 42 Yonge Street in the BCE Place.

I really was not expecting what I saw when I walked in: a huge market-like (hence the name) layout of different stand serving all kinds of food such as soup, fish, steaks, oysters, pasta and even sushi.
    The way it works is that you get a tray and walk around the different stands and pick what inspires you. Some things such as soups, salads, starters (olives, courgettes, etc) are ready to eat, but most of the other things you have to wait 10-15 minutes for. Let's say that you would like some mussels, just go over to the stand, order it and go get whatever else you want (drinks, etc). Everything is fresh and usually good.

We went twice and had two quite different experiences:

The first time we had Oysters (not very good), Sushi (quite good) and I personally had an excellent Shark fillet! It was served with stirfried rice that was delicious. Service was very good, almost all people at the stands were nice.

The second time we went for lunch and I had a steak which was not very good as it was not very thick and, although I asked for it medium it was way overcooked. My girlfriends "fish stew" was much better. I also decided to take the chance with the pasta as everything here is made in the restaurant (including the actual pasta), but it was not great. What dissapointed me a lot was the service, people were generally rude.

In any case, food is fresh and most of it tasty, but the "shopping around" is an experience on its own and I would recommend trying this restaurant.

Hint: stay away from the Marguerita's as they are quite awful and the Oysters are not great either (try Rodney's Oyster Bar for that :))

Prices are reasonable, at about 25-30 CAD per person (of course depending on how much you eat). Service is automatically added (about 10%).

Favorite Dish: Shark fillet
    Fish stew

• shohman's Profile Photo

Richtree: Richtree

by shohman Written Oct 1, 2005

Richtree

I was in desperate need of nutrition and my hotel staff directed me to Richtree Marketplace down the street. I love this place! There are various stations for Eggs, coffee's baked goods, etc. When you walk in they hand you a slip of paper and you go from station to station ordering what you like. They stamp your card, you enjoy your meal and pay when you leave. The people were very helpfull and it was a nice relaxing atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I had a spinach and tomato omellet. It was incredible.

Instant Answers: Toronto