Sushi Queen, Toronto

204 Queen Street West 416 9792288

• Sushi Queen
    by rsilva
  • rsilva's Profile Photo

Sushi Queen: Sushi heaven!

by rsilva Written Nov 24, 2005

This awsome Sushi restaurant is also known as "Sushi Bistro" (maybe it is an old name) and is located on 204 Queen Street West and less that 10 min. walk from Yonge (west as all streets East and West start from here) .

Are you interested in fresh, delicious Japanese food? Would you also want to not pay a lot for it? Then this is the place for you!

Our first impression was not great as it does not look very nice on the outside and on top of that there were photo menues, which are usually not a good sign, however we wanted to take the chance and were very glad we did.

There is a quite large selection on the menu and if you are going for sushi, you can either select what kind of fish/seafood you want or go for a menu/combination. We had a selection of raw fish (Tuna, Salmon, Clam, Squid, etc) and it was absolutely great. It was very fresh and presentation was very nice.
    I also had the beef sashimi and on our second visit the beef teryaki. I would NOT recommend them at all. The sashimi was edible, but I absolutely did not like the beef teryaki. I know I should have gone for fish and I really recommend you do the same.

When you arrive, you are given a nice soup, which is great as the weather was rather cold and with it you also get a small sallad, covered with a rather unusual and tasty dressing. This is all complementary.

The best part is the bill. If you have a large combination, you get 12-15 pieces of fish and rice and pay only 18 CAD. We had a full meal for only 35CAD. A small selection will cost only 10-12 CAD.
    You can't get better value for money than this.

Favorite Dish: Fish, preferably raw (we did not try the fried one, but it should be good as well).
    Do NOT go for the beef.

Instant Answers: Toronto

Comments

Hotels Near Sushi Queen
50 Opinions