Tucker's Marketplace, Toronto

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Tucker's Marketplace: Hollow Legs Required... I think

by CdnJane Updated Apr 19, 2013

It had been years since I was last at a Tucker's Marketplace... I think that was one just off the QEW hwy around Burlington. Anyway, I've been driving past this one for a couple of months now and just had the yearning to go and try it out. I was impressed by the decor, by the layout, and most importantly by the food. It wasn't dark and heavy like the one I rememberd being at in Ottawa.This was quite bright and open. The staff were friendly and helpful too. Of course, the selling point was the food. I was impressed.

Favorite Dish: I adore their roast beef, but am also enamoured by their... don't laugh... pickled beetroots. Oh, well they had a nice layout of salad, and lots of vegetables in different forms. You can certainly be a vegetarian and get your money's worth out of the place.
    Oh... now did I mention their desserts??? I loved their cheesecake, and the apple crisp, and the bread pudding... but the fruit bowl was lovely, fresh and crisp. There was a nice ice cream selection.. and sprinkles and sauces. I heard people raving about their chili and soup. Yeah... guess I wouldn't be off base saying that I was well fed.

• Tucker's Marketplace: Terrible Buffet

by Snowbird2002 Written Feb 12, 2008

We went to the Scarborough location for lunch and left hungry. My husband had a hamburger that was called the best hamberger in town but it was only so-so, he's had much better at Burger King and he had to wait 18 minutes for it to broil and it was overcooked and hard!

The former Mother Tuckers was our favourite restaurant, we gladly waited over an hour for a table there because the food was that good. However, Tucker's Marketplace is absolute crap! The food is tastless. Makes me wonder why the would close their Mother Tucker's operation where people loved the food to open a tastless buffet. Ewwww!

I phoned them to ask what time they opened for lunch and they said 11:00 a.m. .. we arrived at that time but had to wait, the front desk clerk said 11:30 was when they sat the diners.

I can not find their email address anywhere on their website to complain. The only email address I could find was for employment HR@tuckers.ca so that's where I'm sending my complaint but I doubt if they will forward it to the appropriate department ... if they even care.

Favorite Dish: The only redeeming quality is that the roast beef was tender albeit tastless.

• Seniors

• Tucker's Marketplace, a buffet...

by busdrivergal Updated Aug 26, 2002

Tucker's Marketplace, a buffet style restaurant with quite a wide variety of items from a fresh pasta bar to prime rib roast...can't beat the price either..all you can eat for less than $20.00.
    It is a great family restaurant, drinks served in little pails, with shovels for the kids.

Favorite Dish: Even though potatoes are not exciting, I loved the baked potatoes with all the different toppings.

Instant Answers: Toronto