Hudson's Bay Company (The Bay), Toronto

Know about this? Rate It!

by NC_Ziggy
    by Dabs
  • Hudson's Bay Company (The Bay)
    by jem7265
  • freddie18's Profile Photo

Hudson's Bay Company (The Bay): Chain of Department Stores!

by freddie18 Updated Jul 29, 2006

The Bay, as it is widely known, has everything you need when shopping. It is situated in the heart of Downtown Toronto in the intersection of Yonge & Queen Streets. The store focus on apparel, men & women accessories, children & infants, and home goods. So if you are into fashion and you want to define your beauty today...go shop at The Bay! It is convenient to shop in this department store because you can buy almost everything in one roof. Not only that, if you get tired and hungry, you may proceed to the 8th Floor and have luncheon buffet at Arcadian Court Restaurant and City View Cafe for a nice view of Toronto and for its popular price cafeteria style cafe.

For your convenience, the following is the store hours:
    Monday to Friday 10AM to 9PM
    Saturday 8AM to 8PM
    Sunday 12PM to 6PM

What to buy: If you are a tourist and looking for souvenirs, there is a department within the store where you can find all the special and classy Toronto items that you may not be able to find in other
    stores.

What to pay: Prices are above-average. The store have clearance sale if you want a bargain.

• Luxury Travel
    • Women's Travel

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo

Hudson's Bay Company (The Bay): WoW! Wish We One of these Back Home!

by NC_Ziggy Updated Dec 10, 2005

The Bay

First of all, I am not a big shopper. I only shop when at home for things I need, and then I tend to get in, get it, and get out! Perhaps you VT Ladies can identify with this persona? haha! Still, there is something about being away from home and especially outside of the U.S. that arouses my latent shopping urges. It would seem from this experience that my suppressed shopping leaped out of its cage and nearly became compusive after my visit to The Hudson Bay! Here's the sad/happy story...

It so happened that the nearest entrance to the subway was at Yonge & Bloor. To get into the subway you enter into the building that is "The Bay". As a true, fact-finding VT'er I found it necessary to venture around the various shops and stores on the street level. Forging onward, I boldly went where you wanted me to go and took some time to "just look" in this most modern and accomodating store. Holy Crap! I had never seen such an extensive place! Though we have some sizeable nationally known stores in (yes, believe it or not!) Hickory, for every designer label (many I was not familiar with) there was a separate section and there must have been a dozen or more. As I'm a sweater freak, I was surprised to find some really nice & unique sweaters. Even though it was September and nearing the time when you would likely be buying warm sweaters, they were on SALE! And though I missed it while making my selections, when I went to pay for them, some where 50% off! Soooo... compulsive obessive shopper ME went back twice to buy things at The Bay! P.S. I'm still paying for them, but I'm warm! Hehee!

• Eaton Centre/Five-storey Hudsons Bay

by jem7265 Updated Sep 7, 2002

If you can't find it at the massive Eaton Centre downtown, try the 5-storey Hudson's Bay store to the immediate south. Hudson's Bay is the oldest corporation in North America. The furs are long gone, but they feature plenty of upscale shopping.

What to buy: Clothing, fashion, cosmetics. Street performers abound all around the Eaton Centre (see photo of musicians playing Spanish guitars with The Bay in the background).

Instant Answers: Toronto