I think that's how you spell it... but.... I've only been to canada's Wonderland once... but... I couldn't get enough of this ride.... It's sort of short.. and not THAT great... but if you go on more than twice it gets pretty fun! ... Coming into close second for me was the drop zone?... I think That's what it was called! ... It's awesome... getting dropped!! ... Ultimate Adrenaline Rush
Though the Wonderland Park has many attractions, such as theater shows etc, the major attractions are roller coasters. What impresses me most is the variety available. I will give more details when I have more time to update this guide.
) Cliffhanger - A ride that I have seen in many other theme parks, but still a thrill everytime. The ride keeps spinning round and round like a tumble weed, with fountains at the pool beneath shooting water up at unexpected intervals.
) Drop Zone - A classic anti-gravity ten second thrill ride, you rise slowly up to the top, & when you least suspect, you suddenly become suspended in the air for a half second, then you come rushing down like a bolt of lightning.
)Shockwave - Like a giant ferris wheel, it rotates 360 degrees. However, at the same time the rows of seats itself loop around to add a new dimension of thrill for the rider. Coupled with immense velocity and heights, its fun waiting to happen.
NEW FOR 2004
TOMB RIDER THE RIDE
If you like rollecoasters, and I mean "really like" rollercoasters, you definetly have to go to Canada's Wonderland. I don't even know how many they have: a wooden one, one that goes backwards, one where you go standing up, one with your legs hanging out, another that ends up in a splash, one that's like an elevator that falls down.... I don't know, there are too many.
I had the time of my life!
As Canada's largest amusement, it is Toronto teens' favourite playground. Once the weather is warm enough, thousands flock here everyday to be a part of the excitement. In the park, there are over 60 rides & a 20 acre water park "Splashworks."
If you are in it for the thrills, maybe you would want to go on the following rides(inside brackets are ratings out of five):
1) Jet Scream (4*) - it loops around @ 360 degrees, and leaves you hanging on the top! (upside down)...really makes your head go woozy...
2)Mighty Canadian Minebuster (3.5 *) - It may look really long, but this wooden rollercoaster is merely a 2 minute rush. It is fast, but the noise coming from the sharp turns & indoor tunnels can be painful for the ears(imagine stratching on the blackboard). The turns can also be a little rough & you are bumped up & down....
3) Top Gun (4.5*)- As the only roller coaster in the park that turns you in loops over & over & over again, it is definitely a lot of fun! You are dangling in your seats from the rollercoaster tracks, making it even more excruciating. It is really fast & this rollercoaster will definietely bring out the thrill & adreneline in you!
4) Vortex (4*) - You are suspended from the tracks & is pulled up to the top at a slow gruelling pace. All of a sudden, it stops...then plunges down fast! Too bad the ride is too short, for the momentum that was built up gets wasted.
5) Skyrider (3.5*) - As the only standing rollercoaster in the park, it offers a totally different experience. The only problem was that the track is kinda too simple, & overall it could have been more thrilling.
6) Wildbeast (4*) - As the best wooden rollercoaster in Wonderland, this old beauty offers the creaks, bumps, cracks of wood & fun that comes with it!
Other must rides: Cliffhanger(prepared to get wet), Sledge Hammer, Psyclone, Shockwave, Tomb Raider The Ride
Also consider ....The Bat(loops back and forth), Drop Zone, The fly, White Water Canyon, Timberwolf Falls, Xtreme Skyflyer & Thunder Run
If you love theme parks then you will love this place. Its a few years since I was there so I am sure they will have a ton more rides but back then they had about 8 different rollercoasters and a whole variety of other rides and attractions.
We saw a couple of shows there - a magic show and one at the aquarium with dolphins and seals. And of course we enjoyed all the rides immensely, especially the water rides. There are plenty tamer rides that would suit younger kids as well. The park was built by Hanna-Barbera.
Wonderland is fun for people of all ages There is so much to see and do! There is a great water park and the rollercoasters are great! They also have concerts and magic shows as well as stunt devils and mouth watering food!If you come to Tronto do not miss out on coming to Paramount Canada's Wonder land!
Wonderland is about 1 1/2 from the city of Toronto. If you love rollercoasters and waterparks this is defenitely a place to stop with kids. While small kids enjoy some of the rides they'll enjoy the waterpark. There are changing areas as well as lockers to keep your belongings.
The fee for the park is a bit stiff, but it is worth the trip.
Paramount Canada's Wonderland. Great for thrill-seekers of all ages.
Canada's large amusement park with plenty of thrill rides. Comparable to Six Flag chain of amusement parks.