Trenton Travel Guide

Halifax

Trenton Things to Do

• jgacis's Profile Photo

by jgacis Updated Oct 29, 2010

The National Air Force Museum of Canada gives the visitor a great perspective view of Canada's Air Force military history. From model planes to actual de-commissioned aircraft, one can walk through the facility and understand how the men and women in uniform helped shape the nation of Canada. See and read the experiences of how the RCAF fought during the World Wars, including the fate of one Halifax Bomber prominently displayed on the main show floor. There is also a static display area outside the museum building with a walkway (useful for wheelchair access) to guide you through the different aircrafts used by the Canadian Air Force (past and present).

Admission is FREE.

Museum hours are:

10 am to 5 pm daily.

Closed Monday and Tuesday, October to April.

Please check website for the most current information.

Halifax Bomber Outdoor static display

Good for: Business

Trenton Restaurants

• jgacis's Profile Photo

by jgacis Updated Nov 14, 2010

The Britannia Seafood & Steakhouse is a home-style food restaurant located in downtown Trenton. The restaurant offers a good selection of batter-fried cod and other seafood entrees from its menu. The building is designed like an English-style lodge home and takes pride in serving traditionally prepared seafood and steak selections from Great Britain. The dining area, while not very large, gives one the feel of a small European tavern/pub and adds to the ambiance. On my visit, I ordered the battered-fried cod and chips and was delighted by its taste and generous serving. The batter was not too thin and complemented the cod in a crispy way. For dessert, the traditional English Triffe is a must! Strawberries, small cake, and custard are served in a wine-style glass that will top off any meal on the menu.

Traditional-style British food in Canada

• Canuck5's Profile Photo

by Canuck5 Updated Oct 16, 2005

Very nice decor inside, pleasant and attentive staff, and delicious food. My wife and I decided to try this place, on the recommendation of other family members, to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We weren't disappointed.

We sat inside, but they also have tables outside, weather permitting.

Though we asked for a window seat (so we would be looking out over the river), the waitress told us that they have a large number of regulars, who also ask for window seating. While we weren't right by the window, we were at a table one row away.

Just a word to the wise....I wouldn't recommend trying to book a reservation online, as I did. At 1pm I emailed to reserve a table for 7 pm for a Thursday. After an hour with no confirmation, I called by phone instead. Later that night, I checked my emails, and the manager sent a reply around 4 pm. By then, he knew we had called, and was kind enough to wish us a happy anniversary.

Favorite Dish: I had the house's medium sized pizza and my wife had the lasagna. Both arrived hot, and both were very tasty.

They serve a variety of Italian meals, but there are other choices as well. See the restaurant's website for their menus at www.tomassos.ca

These entrées, plus a half-litre of dry Italian Chianti red wine, came to $52.00, not including a tip.

I definitely would recommend it to others, and would eat there myself again.

Tomasso's Casual Dining
    • Golf

• Trenton Hotels

4 Hotels in Trenton

Instant Answers: Trenton

Comments

Trenton Travel Guide
Map of Trenton