Wawa Restaurants

I dare you to try the poutine!
    by yooperprof

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Embassy Restaurant & Tavern: Best Breakfast in Wawa

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated May 18, 2004

Embassy Restaurant, Wawa, Ontario

When we asked a young man at a service station in Wawa where was the best place in town for breakfast, he did not hesitate a moment to recommend, "Embassy Restaurant, right up the street." He sounded so definite one would think it was the only choice, although there are a few others. When we saw the signs in the restaurant window saying that the local Rotary and Kawanis Clubs both meet there, we knew we had found a winner.

Favorite Dish: We had the Embassy Special: Peameal Bacon, Home Fries, 2 Eggs and Homemade Toast, all for only $4.95 Canadian. The toast was a special treat, made from big thick slices of fresh homemade bread. Peameal Bacon is the same as we call Canadian Bacon back in the US. It was a GREAT breakfast - especially for such a reasonable price.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Viking Restaurant and MicLarr's Pub: A Mother's Day Buffet to Remember

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated May 18, 2004

Vicking Restaurant, Wawa, Ontario

This restaurant is unique in that it has two distinctly different sides leading off from the same lobby. On the left is a full service dining room, and on the right a fast food place, Chester Fried Chicken. We went into the Dining room on a Mother's Day Sunday evening, not knowing that a special buffet was being served. The place was packed and we got the last unreserved table available. The furnishings and decor were nothing fancy but perhaps one of the nicest in town. The service was exceptionally good.

Favorite Dish: The buffet was excellent, with a choice of meats, potatoes, salads, etc., but limited in vegetable dishes. Maybe up here in the cold north country vegetables don't grow very well, so the locals haven't developed a taste for them. We also enjoyed choosing from a wide selection of fresh baked pastries for desert.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Columbia Restaurant & Pizzeria: Okay pizza

by yooperprof Written Nov 2, 2005

canadian bacon?

I'm always glad when I travel to patronize locally owned, non-chain establishments, especially for pizza. So I was glad to go to an authentic Wawa pizzeria. That said, I wasn't really that thrilled with the pie I ordered. The crust was satisfactory, though a bit on the doughy side. But the sauce was bland and tomato-y, and they were quite chintzy on the toppings that I ordered, green peppers and bacon,

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

North of 17: More Generic Canadian Food

by yooperprof Updated Oct 3, 2005

I dare you to try the poutine!

Maybe it was just that this was near the end of the Canadian part of my "Lake Superior Circle Tour," but by the time I got to Wawa, I was starting to get a little tired of seeing the same menu at every restaurant in every small town I visited. I just had a mediocre hamburger on a mediocre bun with mediocre fries here.

But maybe it's my fault for not being adventurous. I was in Ontario for almost a full week, and not once did I have poutine. And poutine is one of the highlights of the menu at "North of 17". Maybe I'll have to come back to Wawa - or another such town - to complete my Canadiana immersion experience.

• The Embassy, The Columbia, North of 17: 3 Popular Restaurants

by CanadaTravels Written Feb 28, 2003

The Embassy has a very homestyle taste. they serve just about anything. The Columbia has more of a Candian/Greek menu plan. The North of 17 is also a Greek style place but they also have Canadian food as well.
    These three restaurants have the most customers so far that I have seen so they must be good! Personally I like the North of 17 - thier Poutine is great!

• Camping

• Babzz's Profile Photo

North of 17 Restaurant: Standard Small-Town Eatery

by Babzz Written Sep 15, 2008

This restaurant was recommended to us by the receptionist at our motel. Standard diner food. Restaurant states that it specialises in steaks, ribs, and pizza. Decent selection of pizzas. I was sceptical of the steak, but I imagine the ribs would be alright. Several pasta options as well. Plus the usual soups, salads, sandwiches, hamburgers. A decent selection. Diner and restaurant-style seating options. Our waitress was really nice. I ordered the pizza, which was pretty good. Not exceptional, but decent. I didn't leave feeling grossed out by what I had eaten (which happens often to me at diners), so this is really good!

Instant Answers: Wawa

Comments

Wawa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wawa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wawa sightseeing.