Whitby Travel Guide

1700 Champlain Ave., Whitby, Ontario, L1N 6A7, Canada

Satisfaction: Very Good

Good for: Solo

• Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa

180 Consumers Drive, Highway 401 & Brock St. Intersection, Whitby, Ontario, L1N 9S3, Canada

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Families

Whitby Restaurants

• kehale's Profile Photo

by kehale Written Sep 13, 2009

This is a restaurant my parents first discovered and has become a favorite of mine as well! The authentic Greek cuisine is to die for the since it's family owned and run everyone their is so friendly! The atmosphere is very quaint and laid back, but does give off an authentic feel. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Everything they make is absolutely delicious!

Favorite Dish: I'm a big fan of their tycoon chicken, but more so their roasted lamb which ALWAYS melts in your mouth. So good! Their side potatoes are extremely delicious... as is everything in their restaurant. If you ever make it by my small hometown, you definitely have to try this place!

• kehale's Profile Photo

by kehale Written Sep 13, 2009

The restaurant is located in an old building that was once a run down looking diner. Mexico Lindo went in a couple years back and in January 2009 my boyfriend and I decided it was time to give it a try. The atmosphere comes across really authentic and my boyfriend told me it was the best Mexican he had, had since he actually visited Mexico. The homemade tortilla chips and salsa to start are great (and I swear the salsa has got better with time). The staff are really friendly and our service has always been really great. Over our number of visits we've tried their Burrito's, Chimichanga's, Enchilada's and combos the one of them or more. They are ALL delicious and each of their meals come with a salad, refried beans and rice - all of which are great. My boyfriend never liked refried beans until he tried their's so that says a lot. It's a really great place, and even though Whitby isn't really a tourist hot spot, since I grew up there I know a lot of the better places to try and figured it was time to share some tips! :) We've never made it to the dessert menu because we always have leftovers with such excellent sized portions. One thing we can say is, the leftovers always come home and ALWAYS get eaten. Nothing ever goes to waste from Mexico Lindo!
    Aside from the location we always go to they have a few new places in the area including one we tried back in the summer that serves Mexico Lindo food, and also Cuban food. Of course we only tried the Mexican Food, but we'd like to go back and try their Cuban food one day. I'm sure we'll be just as happy!

• Whitby Hotels

4 Hotels in Whitby

Instant Answers: Whitby

Comments

Whitby Travel Guide
Map of Whitby