Windsor Restaurants

by kris-t

Most Recent Restaurants in Windsor

LUX DINER: DINER

by LoriPori Updated Nov 6, 2014

The new kid in town is FAMOUS JOES DINER -- now the LUX DINER. They are promoting themselves as the "Best Breakfast in Town". Actually a whole page is dedicated to the breakfast menu, from the simple bacon and eggs to omelets.
    Typical diner fare including liver and onions, pasta, burger platters, hot dogs and chili dogs.
    Open Tuesday to Sunday (Closed Mondays) - 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
    Senior items on the menu.

Update: October10, 2013
    Hans and I were in the mood for ribs, so we visited Famous Joes. They had bbq ribs dinner for two for $18.99. You get a full rack of baby back ribs, cole slaw for two and a choice of potato (mashed - french fries or home fries) for two. It was delicious and cooked to perfection with the meat coming easily off the bone. The cole slaw was sweet and delicious and the french fries cooked the way I like them - with the potato skin left on. All in all a good dining experience and we will be back again.

Update: March 20, 2014
    Hans and I went for the ribs again, but they did not have the $18.99 special anymore. Hans still had ribs tho as they had them on the Senior Menu for $8.99. The meal included half portion of baby back ribs, cole slaw, french fries and roll. I had the four-piece broasted chicken dinner which included two drumsticks and two thighs, french fries, cole slaw and roll, all for $8.99. Very good value.

Update: October, 2014
    It is now the LUX DINER. New ownership. Most things stayed the same. They still have a Senior's Menu which is now only available from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. which is OK with us. We just go now for dinner instead of lunch.

Famous Joe's Diner Full rack of BBQ Ribs

MONGOLIAN GRILL: HEALTHY ASIAN STYLE FARE

by LoriPori Updated Nov 6, 2014

Dining is an entertaining experience at MONGOLIAN GRILL. A colourful buffet of noodles, fresh vegetables, various cuts of meat, seafood and an array of different sauces and seasonings are spread before you. You place fresh ingredients into a bowl, creating your own stir-fry dish. Then you hand your filled bowl to a griller, who cooks your food with flare at an enormous grill in the centre of the restaurant.
    Hans and I ate here and enjoyed the experience. I piled my bowl high with ingredients, but it did cook down to a lot less on my plate.
    This family dining establishment appeals to all tastes. Vegetarians or people with food allergies receive special treatment from the grillers. In addition to the delicious and healthy stir-fry buffet, Mongolian Grill has an alternative menu, featuring items such as wraps and fajitas.
    Kids dine free every Wednesday.
    On Mother's Day, Mothers eat free (some conditions apply).

Update: October, 2014
    Mongolian Grill is now closed for business.

Mongolian Grill

CAESARS WINDSOR: GREAT CHOICES AT THE CASINO

by LoriPori Updated Aug 9, 2014

While at CAESARS WINDSOR why not try one of their many restaurants.
    Casino Windsor unveiled the first phase of the $400 million renovation and expansion project in December with the opening of Windsor's largest restaurant The Market Buffet.
    Already known as a "culinary village" with seven distinct eatery stations to choose from, the Market Buffet received rave reviews from the thousands of customers who experienced this unique restaurant during the first weekend it was open. Offering an impressive international dining experience, some of the new dishes include Dim Sum, sushi, Szechwan shrimp, satays, fajitas, fresh shellfish, pollo pesto chicken and pizza fired in a stone oven. Comfort foods like fried chicken, carved turkey, roast beef and hickory spare ribs are also popular choices. The Dessert Station offers 45 daily selections of sweets and fresh crepes made to order.
    The new restaurant is located on Casino Windsor's lower level, replacing the former Atrium Food Court.
    There is also:
    Nero's
    Artist's Cafe'
    Pronto Cafe'
    Cosmos
    Legends Sports Bar - Three 9 screens. 36 LCD TVs
    Vu Bar with panoramic views of Windsor's waterfront and Detroit skyline.

Favorite Dish:
    The Market Buffet offers a new Jazz Brunch on Sundays from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for $18.95.
    Lunch is served from 11a.m. to 5 p.m. for $16.95 and dinner from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. for $21.95.

Update May 16, 2010
    Hans and I went to the wonderful Sunday Brunch. The times are now 11:30 to 3:30 and the cost is now $19.99.
    Included in the Brunch - drinks - coffee, tea or soft drink
    Today they offered at the Carvery, prime rib, which just melted in your mouth, it was that good.
    You can also have omelets cooked to order.

Update Father's Day June 20, 2010
    Hans and I went to the Father's Day Brunch, which by the way was $25.99 (it was comped, so thank goodness we didn't have to pay for it). When I asked why it was so much, the cashier said it was because they had the prime rib carvery today - that's odd because we had the prime rib a few weeks before and it was only $19.99).
    Ok, so I start off with my usual salad. Then I went for some hot items - ribs (dry and tasteless) - roast chicken (dry and tasteless). But the biggest disappointment was the so-called prime rib. To me it was just a pot roast - that's how bad it was.
    I told Hans, that it will be a while, if ever, that we go back again.
    On a positive note - the lemon pie was delicious!

Update:Thursday March 22, 2012
    Thought we would try the Casino again as it's been a while. We went for lunch buffet today - $17.99. It was quite good actually. I started off with the Salad Bar, Nachos and guacamole, then headed for the stir-fry section and had some cashew chicken, which was delicious. I also had some roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy. For dessert cherry pie - yum!

Update: July, 2014
    The Casino now has a Johnny Rocket restaurant. Hans and I tried it out. It's a real cute restaurant and looks just like you're in a diner. We both had the Philly Beef and Cheese sandwich ($9.99) which was just O.K. Nothing came with it, not even french fries which was extra. Would I go back - probably not.

Caesars Windsor View of new Hotel Complex Dessert selections

RED LOBSTER RESTAURANT: FOR THE SEAFOOD LOVER IN YOU

by LoriPori Updated Aug 9, 2014

One of our favourite restaurants for seafood is RED LOBSTER. We go there for lunch once a month. We always order the same thing. Hans has the Lunch Create-a-Sample for $8.25. You have the choice between Garlic shrimp Scampi, Fish - fried or broiled., Chicken Fingers, Fried Shrimp, Bay Scallops - broiled or fried & Fried Clam Strips. I always have the Fried Fish at $6.50 which gives you 3 generous portions of fish, your choice of sides and mixed vegetables. Choice of sides are: seasoned french fries, mashed potato, baked potato with or without sour cream & butter, cole slaw, mixed vegetables. For $1.79 extra you can have the Caesar salad or Garden Salad with your choice of dressing. Another extra served at Red Lobster are baskets of garlic buns which are delicious especially when they're hot out of the oven. Lunches are always served in a timely matter as many business people come here on their lunch hour and they do have guaranteed quick service or you do not pay for your meal. Is that great or what!
    Of course dinner is also served after 4 p.m.

Updates: March 4, 2010
    Create-a-Sample is now $9.50
    Caesar / Garden Salad is now $2.25 Extra
    My fried Fish and Chips dinner is now $7.99

Updates: November 25, 2010
    Create-a-Sample is now $9.75 ( with two very skimpy pieces of fish)
    My fried Fish and Chips dinner is no longer on the Menu (sigh)

Updates: August 16, 2012
    Create-a-Sample is now $10.25

Update: August 6, 2014
    Create-a-Sample is now $10.49
    Caesar / Garden Salad is now $2.99 Extra
    Hans and I both had the Garlic Shrimp (7shrimps) and Batter-fried Shrimp (7 shrimps).
    The price keep going up and the quantities keep getting smaller.

Red Lobster Sign Red Lobster Restaurant

MING WAH: CHINESE BUFFET RESTAURANT

by LoriPori Updated Aug 9, 2014

Our favourite Chinese "All you can eat" Buffet Restaurant is MING WAH. They feature over 80 hot & cold items, including soups, salads, hot and cold items and dessert bar.
    We go for lunch and I usually start off with their yummy Won Ton Soup and then I go for my favourites which include stir-fry veggies, beef with green peppers & onions, chicken wings, sweet and sour pork/chicken, a spring roll and fried pineapple rings. Many other dishes I can't think of at the moment.
    Lunch Buffet 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dinner Buffet 4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
    Lunch Buffet Mon - Fri $7.45 Sat. $7.95 Sunday $8.50
    Dinner Buffet Mon - Thurs $11.95 Fri, $12.95 Sat. & Sun. $14.50
    Eat Free on your Birthday when you bring 2 or more adults,.Dinner only.
    Reservations accepted
    Tour Buses welcome - Seating for 400
    New for weekends Dim Sum & Sushi

Update: Dec. 3, 2009
    Lunch Buffet Mon - Fri is now $8.95
    Includes an all-new Sushi Bar
    They now offer Seniors 10% off Monday to Thursday

Update: August, 2012
    Lunch Buffet Mon-Fri is now $10.95
    Sat. and Sunday $12.95
    Dinner Buffet Mon - Thurs $15.95
    Fri. - Sunday $18.95

Update: August 12, 2013
    Hans and I went to Ming Wah for the lunch buffet 20th anniversary special which was "2 Dine for $12.95" - 11:30 - 3.00 p.m. Because it was so busy and there was a constant changeover, the food was hot and fresh and delicious.
    Also a new promotion is "1 child eats free with the purchase of 2 adult lunch or dinner buffets.
    They now offer Seniors 20% off every day.

Update: August, 2014
    Went to Ming Wah for the lunch buffet. We got the Senior discount of 20% which comes to $8.75 each. Coffee is $1.70.

Favorite Dish: Saturday and Sunday dinners include Chicken Soo Guy, Snow Crab, Mussels, frog legs and barbecued ribs.

Ming Wah

SWISS CHALET: ROTISSERIE CHICKEN

by LoriPori Updated Aug 9, 2014

One of our favourite restaurants is the SWISS CHALET ROTISSERIE & GRILL. We go there at least once a month. Actually we've been going there for many years and Tanya, our cutie, petutie waitress knows what we want before we even sit down. Now that's what I call service!

Favorite Dish: Our "usual" is a quarter chicken (white meat) with golden fries, two coffees & two waters. It's rotisserie chicken and it's scrump-dillyicious.
    All entrees are served with Chalet Dipping Sauce, an oven-baked roll and your choice of one side --- Fresh Cut Fries, Baked Potato, Mashed Potatoes, Rice, Vegetables, Coleslaw.
    Quarter Chicken Dinner $6.99
    Half Chicken Dinner $8.69
    BBQ Rib Dinner $13.99
    Chicken & Rib Combo $15.99

Update: Quarter Chicken Dinner is now $7.99 plus $1.20 for white meat

Update: August, 2013
    Quarter Chicken Dinner is now $8.99 plus$1.50 for white meat.
    I have been using their take-out service a lot more lately. You can even order online or call ahead, but I usually just drop in and because the chicken is already cooked, it's just a few minutes wait.
    I usually order the half chicken dinner with fresh-cut fries which is plenty of food for us and costs only $12.79 plus tax.
    They also offer a quarter chicken dinner with 1/3 rack BBQ Ribs Combo for $15.99

Update: August, 2014
    The half chicken dinner is now $13.49 plus tax.

Swiss Chalet

MICHIGAN DINER: ROADHOUSE FARE

by LoriPori Updated Mar 23, 2014

Hans and I just tried out a new restaurant in town. It's called the MICHIGAN DINER. The interior is bright with lots of windows and the tables and chairs are simple yet comfy in Roadhouse Style. The menu had your typical hamburgers, sandwiches, chicken, ribs and perch. The day's special was 2 for 1 wings for $6.99, Meat Loaf with soup for $6.50 and all you can eat perch for $13.99. Hans had Half Slab of Ribs for $10.99 which came with french fries, a generous portion of cole slaw and a fresh roll. He said the ribs were delicious. The fries - probably frozen - were so so. I had the special of the day - Meat Loaf which consisted of five slices of meatloaf with gravy and two slices of bread. It was very good. The creamy mushroom soup which came with it was awesome, with tons of mushroom pieces in a dreamy thick broth. We both enjoyed our meal very much and will certainly be back.

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:

Well we came back. We wanted to try the three piece broasted chicken for $7.79. It was delicious. Broasted chicken is not greasy, so much better for you than fried. The meal came with a generous portion of cole slaw, a fresh roll and we both had a dish of mashed potatoes.
    Michigan Diner advertises "large portions at yesterdays prices". Well, they must be doing something right as it was very busy at lunchtime on a Thursday.
    Seniors menus 3-6 p.m.
    Open Tuesday - Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
    Drive thru Pick up available

Update: August, 2010
    My three-piece broasted chicken dinner is now $8.29
    Everyday special: full rack of ribs, served with french fries and roll $13.99

Update: November 23, 2010
    The full rack of ribs is now $14.99
    Had the Philly Beef & Cheese sandwich Special for $7.99 - came with choice of one side, so I had cole slaw. The sandwich had a huge amount of Beef, on Ciabatta bread with melted cheese, caramelized onions and sauteed green peppers - absolutely delicious.

Update: December 23, 2010
    Hans and I each had the four-piece broasted chicken dinner, which is all dark meat and is the daily special of $8.29.

Update: May 5, 2011
    The four-piece broasted chicken dinner special is now $8.99.

Update: November 10, 2012
    The four-piece broasted chicken dinner special is now $9.99 plus most of the items on the menu increased by $1.00 - still good values.

Update: March 2014
    The four-piece broasted chicken dinner special is now $10.99. To me not such a good value anymore esp. since the pieces are a lot smaller.

Michigan Diner Sign Michigan Diner

TECUMSEH BBQ: ROTISSERIE BBQ RIBS & CHICKEN

by LoriPori Updated Apr 12, 2013

Friday, March 23, 2012
    Our son wanted to take us out for lunch. I was really in the mood for spareribs, so we went to the fairly new TECUMSEH BBQ.
    We all ordered the same thing, half strip (1 1/4 lbs) of ribs and quarter chicken ($19.99 each).
    Our platters consisted of french fries, cole slaw, roll and butter, about five thick slices of ribs and our quarter chicken. The ribs were absolutely delicious - thick, meaty and came right off the bone. There were three sauces to choose from - hot - mild and honey. Of course I slathered the sauce (mild) all over my ribs. As for the french fries, they were just O.K. They were krinkle cut and obviously came out of a frozen food bag. The chicken was pathetic - a very small piece of chicken, that, to me, tasted like yesterdays chicken - old and dry.

The restaurant also offers

Breaded Shrimp $15.99
    Spaghetti with meat sauce$8.99
    Homemade stuffed Cabbage Rolls $9.99
    Homemade Meat Loaf $8.99
    Variety of Sandwiches served with your choice of potato and coleslaw
    Salads and Soups
    Home baked desserts

Take out and Delivery available

Update: April 11, 2013
    Hans and I were in the mood for ribs, so we thought we would go to the Tecumseh BBQ, but it was CLOSED and has been for a while.

My plate of bbq ribs & chicken

Johnny Shotz Billiards Bar: Bar

by kris-t Updated Dec 29, 2012

Nice bar, staff is great and gives good friendly service.

Open Monday thru Wednesday
    11:00am till 12:00am
    Thursday thru Saturday
    11:00am till 2:00am
    Sunday
    8:00am till 10:00pm

Favorite Dish: Very good and reasonable priced wings and ribs.

Johnny Shotz Billiards Bar Johnny Shotz Billiards Bar Johnny Shotz Billiards Bar Johnny Shotz Billiards Bar Johnny Shotz Billiards Bar

PAT & HANK'S FISH & CHIPS: GREAT FISH & CHIPS SINCE 1955

by LoriPori Updated Nov 22, 2012

At least once a month, Hans and I go to PAT & HANK'S FISH & CHIPS. It's been around forever - since 1955. We always order the Haddock Dinner, with two generous portions of lightly battered haddock, fresh-cut french fries, their own recipe cole slaw and roll with butter. They sometimes have a coupon promotion - Buy one Halibut, Haddock or Cod Dinner at the regular price and get the second one for 1/2 price.
    Also every Wednesday is Seniors Day - 10 % off the regular price.

Update: August 2, 2010
    Take out available at all locations
    Tuesday Take-out Special $1.00 off regular price

Halibut Dinner $12.25
    2-piece Haddock Dinner $9.65

>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:

We usually go to the Pat & Hank's in Tecumseh at 12213 Tecumseh Rd., but there are two other restaurants:
    - 3163 Tecumseh Road East 948-0111
    - 5622 Wyandotte St. East 945-4226

Update: Thursday October 14, 2010
    Hans and I came here for lunch as they are having the October Special of 2 piece Haddock Fish & Chips for $6.00 plus tax. We ordered a side of cole slaw, roll and butter for $1.50 extra.

Update: Thursday, March 17,2011
    March is Big Savings on Haddock
    $2.00 off the following:
    2 pc. Haddock Dinner - Reg. $10.25 - $8.25
    2 pc. Haddock Fish & Chips - Reg. $9.25 - $7.25
    1 pc. Haddock Dinner - Re. $7.45 - $5.45
    1 pc. Haddock Fish & Chips - Reg. $6.45 - $4.45
    1 pc. Haddock Fish Only - Reg. $4.25 - $3.00
    Dinner includes roll with butter and cole slaw
    We had the 2 pc. Haddock Fish & Chips and as usual it was delicious.

Update: Thursday, November 22,2012
    Hans and I both had the Halibut Dinner. I had a coupon for - buy one dinner ($13.95) get the second for half price.
    2-piece Haddock Dinner is now $10.25
    1-piece Haddock Dinner is now $7.50
    Shrimp Basket Dinner is now $8.95

Pat & Hanks Back entrance Front entrance Fish & Chips Dinner

TIM HORTON'S: THE BEST COFFEE IN TOWN

by LoriPori Updated Nov 10, 2012

Hans and I love going to TIM HORTON'S . It's always a beehive of activity, no matter which one you go to. You can have your donut and a coffee and sit down and enjoy the morning paper or have a wholesome lunch. We often will meet a friend there for a coffee because of its relaxed atmosphere and you can sit and gab without anyone bothering you.

Favorite Dish: A lot of times Hans and I will go for a light lunch at TIM HORTON'S. They have 5 combos of which we usually pick #5. For $3.65 you get a medium coffee, bowl of soup of the day (usually 3 choices and I love the creamed potato & bacon), your choice of donut and a bread roll. Pretty good eh?

Update: that combo is now $4.00 - still a great deal!

Update: November 10, 2012 - this combo is now $4.55

Tim Horton's restaurant

• Ciao pasta bar: Horrible from the time we sat down

by sbelle44 Written Sep 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant the first weekend of September. We were invited in right at 5:00. We were the first customers there for the evening - one would think undivided attention, but the exact opposite. Our waitress was one of the worst ever. After 5-10 min sitting at the table alone, without even water we were about to walk out. A waitress appeared and bragged about their homemade pastas. We reviewed the menu and decided to order one of these - the waitress after appearing maybe 20 minutes after our initial sit down with water, advised us the two homemade pastas were sold out/not available, really?, we were first customers of the night. We then requested bread or something and she stated she would bring us some, this item came like two minutes before our meal .......that took at least 20 minutes to get. Many times we wanted to walk out. The waitress did not service us at all, didnt check up on us during our long wait times. The gal behind the bar dressed provactically seemed to be more worried about her hair and looks than servicing the restaurant - it appeared she was the manager. After the meal, I ordered coffee and cheesecake. The cheesecake came, not very good at all. Fresh made but not chilled, warm and lacking restaurant quality, did I mention we had to ask twice for my coffee. It finally came after I finally pushed the mess of cheesecake away. The coffee came with frothed skim milk not creamer. Coffee worst ever, I didn't even drink it. Italians know coffee, one expects excellent coffee when visiting an italian restaurant, this was not even instant horrible.
    After a long wait and our flagging down our waitress, we got our check. We paid, we left, we will never go back.
    The only positive thing about this restaurant is I guess the gal behind the bar is concerned about her looks not her restaurant!
    I will go to McDonalds instead of this place........yes it was that bad.

• Casino and Gambling

Simply Thai: Authentic Thai cuisine

by kris-t Written Aug 23, 2012

Simply Thai is now our 'go to' favorite. The decor is very nice, the service is good, the prices are reasonable and the food is delicious.

Menu has a lot of choices so we will continue to go there as often as we can.
    Simply Thai has a selective menu for everyone.

And you can choose the spice levels to your liking, from 0 to 5 good for us: Tim likes level 0 and levels 4-5 work for me.

Favorite Dish: Monday Closed

Simply Thai Simply Thai Simply Thai Simply Thai Simply Thai
    • Women's Travel

Beijing House: Good inexpensive food

by kris-t Written Jun 30, 2012

This restaurant offers a wide array of fine Chinese dishes ranging from traditional Szechuan Beef, Sesame Chicken, Happy Family to new style entrees.

The decore is very simple.
    The food is really good for a what is really a cheap Chinese. That is why we keep going back.

Service is very friendly.

Favorite Dish: Business Hours

Monday - Thursday . . . 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
    Friday . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11:30 am - 11:00 pm.
    Saturday . . . . . . . . . . . 12:30 am - 11:00 pm.
    Sunday . . . . . . . . . . . . 12:30 pm. - 9:30 pm.

Beijing House Beijing House Beijing House Beijing House Beijing House

NIKO SUSHI Bar & Grill: Japanese/Sushi

by kris-t Updated Jun 30, 2012

Pros: it's the best Sushi that we have seen in Windsor...
    The menu is great with many options but not overloaded.

Cons: the quality and size of food decrease over time.

Favorite Dish: They have special combination for take out - 16 pc (Chef choice) 16 CAD, 100 pc. - 90 CAD

Niko Sushi Niko Sushi Niko Sushi Niko Sushi Niko Sushi
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Windsor

• ShericeS's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Hi Lori, thanks so much for the helpful reviews. We've been living in Windsor for a few years now and love Asian food! It was great to see some information on some spots I've never heard of.
    You guys look like Asian food lovers too so I thought I'd return the favour and recommend a really great one for you - Tantalizing Asian. They're located close to downtown and the owner Sue is really great -- she treats you like family! They serve Malaysian food too -- very delicious! It's probably a bit of a twist compared to the Chinese dishes you might be used to, but you guys seem like you would appreciate a new adventure. Here's some reviews if you'd like to check it out --enjoy! tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Re...

Windsor Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Windsor restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Windsor sightseeing.