Chicoutimi Sports & Outdoors

My very first fish: Walleye!
    by BEETLE_VERTE
    Small trout river
    by BEETLE_VERTE

Best Rated Sports & Outdoors in Chicoutimi

• BEETLE_VERTE's Profile Photo

Ouananiche

by BEETLE_VERTE Written Mar 21, 2004
    My very first fish: Walleye!

In the St-Jean Lake live the famous Ouananiches, salmons trapped in the lake and thinking it's the sea... well... they're fish...

We stopped in a fishing goods store in Chicoutimi and asked around for the best spot. Some said Roberval, others Peribonka. We tried Peribonka, but weren't very lucky... Still, I caught my very first fish in life, a nice little Walleye (that the Peribonka B&B owner let me freeze in his cooler!).

Equipment: Well... the usual... Boat, fishing rods, baits (the Chicoutimi store sold us a few spoons that could also be used for salmons). Buy the fishing permit at the coop supermarket.

• Fishing
    • Sailing and Boating

• BEETLE_VERTE's Profile Photo

Trouts

by BEETLE_VERTE Written Mar 21, 2004
    Small trout river

At the Eternite River Park, we could fish in some of those lovely little rivers. Small trouts I think (since this was my first fishing trip ever...). Small, but so delicious! We fried them on the fire at camp, it was so fresh and juicy!

In the paths leading to the little river, we encountered a porcupine and a black bear. Wow! (and scarry!)

Equipment: Boots, fishing rods and baits, bucket or basket, hat, bugs spray, patience.

• Fishing

Instant Answers: Chicoutimi

Comments

Chicoutimi Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Chicoutimi sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chicoutimi sightseeing.