Île du Cap aux Meules Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Île du Cap aux Meules

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Les Pas Perdus (Bistro-dodo-cafe): Great Atmosphere!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Nov 3, 2006

We decided to check Cap-aux-Meules out for a place to eat on our first night in town. It turned out that we picked a good spot - practically beside where the ferry terminal exodus is located! Although there are a few outside tables with umbrellas, we really found the interior decor of this place to be quite appealing. The main attraction was the various displays of artistic glass objects, half-melted wine bottles, multi-coloured glasswares, etc. adorning the dining room. Also, the dining room is done in a rustic wood plank format and has a nice bar as well. The overall atmosphere was very relaxing and there were all kinds of interesting people to observe!

Favorite Dish: The menu has quite a good variety of dishes, and the prices are quite reasonable as well. For our first meal on the island my wife ordered a chicken fajita (C$12) and I went with the 'soup Thaie aux legumes et aux crevettes' (Thai vegetable soup with shrimp) for C$10. Both dishes were good, but I must admit that I missed not having something with a bit more spice! Mind you, the dark and cold Leffe beers from Belgium helped to revive my spirits. We were so pleased with the place that we came back here for our final evening meal - a shared plate of nachos! I would definitely recommend this as a place to eat!

• Beaches

A&W: Simple but Good

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jan 23, 2004

A&W is a Canadian fast-food chain, and its food seems to be a slight cut above the rest! On our trips up and down the entire chain of islands, we only saw two fast-food places and they were beside each other in Cap-aux-Meules. Both are Canadian traditions, the A&W and a Tim Horton's doughnut shop (although they also serve very good meals). On our second-last day, we needed something quick to eat before heading north for another visit - so we tried the A&W. The burgers were good enough that we both noticed this seemed to be better than your usual fast-food fare! When I placed our order the server gave me a slip and said that they would call our number 352. As I was waiting for the food I suddenly thought - 'oh,oh - they are probably going to call it out in French'. I immediately said to myself - it will sound like 'trois cent cinquante deux' and no sooner had I prepared myself than suddenly there it was - called out over the speaker! I had to laugh - I could have been standing there all day! We also discovered that they were open at 6 AM, so we went there for our take-away breakfast the next morning so we could eat it on the wharf while waiting in-line for the ferry departure.

Favorite Dish: It has the usual fast-food choices, and they are good at the A&W.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

La Patio Restaurant Famile: It Looks Good, But....

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jul 24, 2003

La Patio is a fancy-looking restaurant, with the glassed-in eating area, etc., located next-door to the Auberge Madeli. We went there for our first breakfast on the Islands, after travelling up and down the streets and not seeing anything else (we had missed the A&W which is set back off the street).

Favorite Dish: I do not really have a favourite. We each ordered a 'garnished' omellet, but they were among the worst that I have ever had. They used slices of processed ham and cheese, and the whole egg mixture was very dry and over-cooked. Not recommended based on this. At least the price at C$6 each was not highway robbery - but I do at least like to enjoy my food!

Instant Answers: Île du Cap aux Meules

Comments

Île du Cap aux Meules Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Île du Cap aux Meules restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Île du Cap aux Meules sightseeing.

View all Île du Cap aux Meules hotels