Mont-Tremblant Restaurants

by cfuentesm
    Ciara at Breakfast in Des Artistes
    by miketrudeau
  • A blurred pic of an average (but good) place
    A blurred pic of an average (but good)...
    by miketrudeau

Most Recent Restaurants in Mont-Tremblant

• Restaurant Pizzateria: Slow and rude service

by Lasat Written Aug 20, 2009

From start to finish, our service was extremely slow. Although the restaurant was not busy at all when we arrived, we still had to wait outside for a good amount of time before we were seated by a hostess, who should invest in some smiling lessons.

Once seated, our drink order was taken fairly quickly, followed by our main course order. The food took long to arrive and when the waitress was trying to distribute the orders correctly, she first asked in French. None of us spoke French, but instead of trying in English, she basically shouted out the ingredients of the pizza until we figured out which was which. This is supposed to be a tourist area, so hiring staff that speaks other languages than French seems crucial. Anyway, at this point the pizzas weren't even warm anymore, lukewarm at best for all 3 of us.

When trying to cut into our pizzas, it required extra effort to cut through the thin crust with the knives provided. Time to upgrade the cutlery, perhaps? During our meal, our waiter had time for the quickest check-up on us to see if the food was any good. Before we had a chance to answer him, he had already moved on.

When we finished the pizza, it again took a very long time for the staff to clear our table. We declined desserts and just asked for the bill. This again we had to wait a long time to get and once we finally received it, it seemed as if no one was interested in taking our payment.

We waited so long that the rest of our dinner party left while I went up to pay the bill. As per routine, I had to wait again before someone noticed me up there and when I finally got hold of someone to take my payment, they proceeded to print out other bills and arrange them before letting me pay.

At this point I had decided that a tip was not in order, so I accepted all my change and started to leave. At this point the waiter reminded me that the tip was not included in the bill. I let him know that I was well aware of that and began to leave again. He then yelled across the restaurant that the tip was not included in the bill. Again, I said that I know this and left the restaurant.

Once outside, the waiter followed me and yelled across the street that the tip was not included in the bill. Again, I informed him that I was very well aware of this. He then finally asked if I was unhappy with the service. I said no and was going to elaborate but he just said sorry and left.

So in summary, don't bother going here. The food is mediocre, the service is horrible and they only move quick on their feet when it's time for you to tip them.

Favorite Dish: n/a

• Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park
    • Skiing and Boarding

• Les Aliments M et M: Just heat and serve!!!

by catrudeas Updated Oct 16, 2008

This isn't an ordinary grocery store: Food is all frozen and ready to go. Are you satying in a condo? You are traveling on a budget? M and M is the place. They carry a wid3e variaty of prepared dishes, meats, and deserts. And the service is AB FAB!!! They have staff to help you make up meals according to your tatse and budget!

Favorite Dish: We had the supreme lasagna with the kids. They just loved it. And the garlic brad? todie for!!!

• cfuentesm's Profile Photo

La Savoie: La Savoie

by cfuentesm Written Oct 26, 2005

La Savoie Restaurant Window

La Savoie specializes in fondues. You'll find an amazing variety of fondues, all superb... delicious. I highly recommend it. It's decorated as a swiss chalet, the service is excellent and it's very very cozy.

• Architecture

Creperie Catherine: Crepes: Large and In Charge

by miketrudeau Written Jul 24, 2005

The remains of a whipped cream and peach crepe

A small restaurant in the heart of the Tremblent pedestrian village, Creperie Catherine (and I still have not learned how to insert characters with accents here) is a good place to go for breakfast or dessert. The reason I say breakfast is because they have a delicious, if extrememly rich, ham and cheese crepe. This is one of the only places (surprisingly) that sells breakfast-like food. Desserts here are great too, but all the crepes are very large and rich. We went there twice and both times ordered a crepe each. I don't know how a healthy person can finish one in good conscience!
    The service is friendly, just like everywhere else. The decor tries very hard to be quaint, but they can't come quite clean from the stink of artificiality. I am now sure this is the fact with all restaurants in Tremblant.

Favorite Dish: Well, the ham and cheese crepe was delicious. Also, there's a peaches and whipped cream crepe that is amazing. Both are enough to fill up two medium-sized people quite sufficiently.

• Skiing and Boarding

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo

Pizzateria: Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

by miketrudeau Written Jul 15, 2005
    A blurred pic of an average (but good) place

Well, what can I say. It's a pretty good pizza place that's just as expensive as everywhere else in the village. It's got a nice big terrace, and friendly staff who will stuff you full of pizza at a moments' notice.

Favorite Dish: I had a mozzarella pizza with pears, oregano and basil. It was good!

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo

Cafe Des Artistes: If you want to eat well...

by miketrudeau Written Jul 15, 2005

Ciara at Breakfast in Des Artistes

Cafe Des Artistes is I think one of the fanciest restaurants in the Tremblant village. Thus, it is quite expensive. However, because anyone going to Mont Tremblant for a summer holiday must be willing to spend a little bit of money, I'd say it is well worth it, all things considered.
    The service is what impressed me right off the bat. Our waiter was very personable and funny, but with a dignified air. He gave us his honest opinions about which dishes he thought were the best, and matched our food to a wine very well (I thought that was a neat detail).
    The decor is ok, trying to make you feel like you're on the Seine while you are actually in the middle of an artificial resort village.
    There's a nice big terrace where you can sit and sip, and watch people go by as you wait for your meal.

Favorite Dish: I recommend trying the table d'haute. Although it changes all the time, it's actually a pretty good deal and is delicious.
    When we went there for the first time, I had a swordfish steak with a mango chutney sauce, and it tasted divine. But then again, I love seafood. If you are the same then I hope they are serving it when you go there, for the sake of making your life complete.

• coollikethat's Profile Photo

Creperie Catherine: A french specialty

by coollikethat Written Aug 27, 2004

Mmmm, mmmm good!

A vaste selection of crepes. Crepes for breakfast, lunch, supper, or dessert. The decor inside is fun - chefs everywhere! Chef memorabilia, chef pictures, chef figurines, etc.

Favorite Dish: My preference is to have a crepe dessert. I had the apple and caramel crepe. Just enough sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth.

• coollikethat's Profile Photo

Pizzateria: Yummy Pizza

by coollikethat Written Aug 25, 2004

It's in the sauce!

Pizzateria was affordable and delicious. It was so good, we ate there twice. It has a great terrace / patio that is a few steps above street level which is great to watch passerbys.

Favorite Dish: My favorite pizza was the bacon, olives, tomato, mozerella and pesto sauce. It was definitely the pesto sauce that was the special ingredient - that "secret sauce" that really made this pizza amazing!

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Coco Pazzo: Great Italian!

by jamiesno Updated Apr 20, 2004

Restaurant Logo

All I can say is he is known as the crazy chef but it was the best Italian I had ever eaten with the white wine sauce and the desserts where also amazing!

Trust me this restaurant is good. I would love to get your ratings of my tip and comments after you try it!!

Favorite Dish: Seafood Premivera!

• amsterdam_vallon's Profile Photo

La Forge Bar & Grill: Looking for Grill?? (part III)

by amsterdam_vallon Updated Dec 7, 2003

Enjoy a gastronomic experience with our soup in a bread bowl, salads or grilled dishes and be part of our friendly happy hour at the Bistro.

Mouth-watering dishes grilled over maple wood, fine regional cuisine and an exceptional wine list will appeal to a discriminating palate.

A vast selection of scotches, eau de vie and cigars will round out a most enjoyable evening.

La Forge was listed as one of the best restaurants in the world for wine lovers.

• amsterdam_vallon's Profile Photo

Le Shack: More than a restaurant!!

by amsterdam_vallon Written Dec 7, 2003

Mont Tremblant's largest and most popular terrace bar and restaurant is located at the foot of the mountain just steps away from the gondola on Place St-Bernard. Whether for dining during the long summer evenings or enjoying the festive atmosphere during spring skiing of an outdoor BBQ, the terrace at Le Shack is always a lively gathering place.

Lunch and dinners "à la carte". Family restaurant and sports bar (sports on the big screen). Best "après-ski" according to Ski Canada Magazine. Buffet breakfast available during high season.

Favorite Dish: The famous poutine!!!

Beaver Tails: The famous beaver tail

by amsterdam_vallon Written Dec 7, 2003

Beaver Tails

What is that???
    Named for their resemblance in shape and size to the water-slapping end of North America's favourite mammal, BeaverTails are a fresh, hot pastry treat made; from a blend of whole wheat and other natural ingredients.

Home made pastries similar to BeaverTails can be traced back as far as early North American voyageurs. Over an open fire, these hearty souls prepared a "quick bread" that was the ancestor of the BeaverTail.

It can be sweet:
    Classic Cinnamon & Sugar
    Killaloe Sunrise (Cinnamon & Sugar w/ freshly squeezed lemon juice)
    Chocolate Hazelnut

Pizza 'Tails
    Sausage 'Tail
    Hot Dog 'Tail
    Eggy Bakey

Favorite Dish: I can resist the Killaloe Sunrise...hummmm!!!

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo

SUMMIT CAFETERIA: GREAT FRIES AND HAMBURGER

by Simonneeddy Updated Oct 7, 2003
    Cafeteria terrace

On the summit of the mountain with outside terraces. IT IS A HUGE CAFETERIA.

Favorite Dish: FRIES and HOT DOGS or Hambergers
    A lot of people had there own picnic lunch especially the school children who were in a group and climbed to the summit on the paths below the gondolas.

• feline01's Profile Photo

Le Shack: Touristy but good

by feline01 Written May 20, 2003

We were hungry and saw this place after coming down from the mountain. We assumed it was typical tourist crap but were pleasantly surprised. The veggie burgers were decent, frites very good and beer even better. Good place for families, dining al-fresco in the villages main square. Mont-tremblant was built specifically for tourists and all its buildings are designed for that cutsey look including Le Shack

• Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Bull's Eye: Bad, bad service...

by Deus_ultima Written Feb 21, 2003

shit restaurant

I was very tempted to give 1 penny tip to the *** waiter there...

His attitude was horible and he made us feel quite unwelcomed bringing us the bill 2 TIMES before we even ask it, not even asking us if we wanted a coffee!!

Maybe we didn't look like rich tourists, but we genuinely came to have a sweet time as Nickie and I we're on holiday and this restaurant was definitely not the highlight of our stay..

Favorite Dish: at least if the food was special...

AND THE PINT OF GUINESS IS THE SAME PRICE AS IN THE UK!!!
    What a rip-off!!!

Instant Answers: Mont-Tremblant

Comments

Mont-Tremblant Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mont-Tremblant restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mont-Tremblant sightseeing.

View all Mont-Tremblant hotels