Montmagny Off The Beaten Path

A wooden sculpture at the park.
  • Off The Beaten Path
  • Off The Beaten Path

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Montmagny

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

Apple farmers.

by Regina1965 Updated Dec 28, 2012

Apple trees.

When my friend´s parents, who live in Montmagny, were taking us on a drive in the vicinity of Montmagny they stopped and bought apples at an apple farm. I, coming from Iceland, where apples are not grown, thought this was so much fun.

While everybody but the person buying the apples, stayed in the car I went out to explore. I absolutely loved it, all those lovely apple trees bending from the weight of apples. I guess what we are not used to when growing up makes us behave like kids again :)

There was an apple store at the farm where my friends bought apples. I loved visiting it, like a kid visiting a candy store. I know all of you who have experienced this in your childhood think this is not much of a tip, but it is totally new to me. But then I was raised on whale meat, fermented skate and fermented shark - so I guess there are some cultural differences here ;)

The apple farm is just up the road from Montmagny, closer to the hills.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

Parque de trois beret - a wooden sculpture park.

by Regina1965 Updated Jun 12, 2010

While driving by the coast of Saint Lawrence river we came across this lovely wooden sculpture park. I have been here twice and every year there is a wooden sculpture contest and people from all over come and make wooden sculptures. I absolutely love this park and there are some great masterpieces here, so it is well worth a visit while in this area.

It is a little outside of Montmagny.

Instant Answers: Montmagny

Comments

Montmagny Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Montmagny off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Montmagny sightseeing.