MIcro-brewery, Montreal

• Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Discover our BEERS!

by Deus_ultima Written Dec 7, 2002

My favorite!

In the Québec province, we like our beer! (and drink a lot of it!

Beers from Unibroue are DEFINITELY my favorite! And I'm not the only one.. Blanche de Chambly won the title of the BEST WHITE BEER IN THE WORLD at different beer tasting championships and was given GOLD medals 3 STRAIGHT YEARS by the Beverage Testing Institute of Chicago (Belgiums famous Blanche de Bruges finished 4th...). Maudite (8% alcool, dark ale, my favorite!, see picture) ALSO won 3 GOLD medals consecutively in it's category given by the Beverage Testing Institute de Chicago. And the Fin du monde won 4 CONSECUTIVE PLATINUM medals which is considered the highest distinction a beer can obtain in it's category.

Learn more about these beers and other quality beers made by Unibroue at their website!

Cheers!

• Kindra's Profile Photo

Definitely try the local brew....

by Kindra Written Aug 25, 2002

Definitely try the local brew. Many neighborhood pubs will have a good selection on tap and I recommend the darker, strong Quebecois beers like 'Solstice d'hiver' and even the bottled 'Fin du Monde' or 'Maudite' (this literally means 'damned' in french and the red devil on the bottle demonstrates just how 'bad' this beer is.. it is strong!) may satisfy curiousity. These are all at around 8%- nothing like the very weak American beer (no offense however, but it is weak). Couche-Tard or Provi-Soir is an example of a Quebecois type 7-11 (convenience store) and beer can be bought in those stores until 11-don't be late, they lock up the fridges right on time!)

Instant Answers: Montreal