Montreal Casino, Montreal

Know about this? Rate It!

Montreal - Canada
  • solopes's Profile Photo

Montreal Casino: Gambling for all ages

by solopes Updated Feb 6, 2013

Montreal - Canada

deserves three tips, so, the best is to use the same text in all of them:

Things to do: - The buildings and surrounding gardens are very beautiful, and deserve a visit, even without entering the casino.

Restaurant: - I had there the best Canadian meal. Fabulous in presentation and taste. The price… I don't know - it was included in the package. But I read a lot about free meals in the Casino, and wouldn't be surprised if the price stood far below the quality of the dinner. They have many more ways to get paid (well... not by us!).

Nightlife: - I couldn't imagine myself in a Casino with two kids. How to handle it? Well… it was perfect. A small preparation about viciousness and the need of self control, then a notion of budget and selection of priorities, and finally $5 for person (adults and children) as the present budget.

As you may guess, it didn't take too long to get rid of it, but the fun of carefully identifying the most amusing games, the conscious management of the progressively disappearing coins, and the discipline and tranquility shown when they ended, did, really pay all the costs.

• tuoedisni1's Profile Photo

Montreal Casino: Floating Chadelier

by tuoedisni1 Updated May 13, 2006

I love the way the casino looks at night - it reminds me of a floating chandelier. It is a unique structure and one that will be the first to greet you as you're driving north from the US. The interior is like your normal casino and it's got all your favorite games. Too bad I'm so unlucky cause it's so cozy that I could spend a lot of time here.

Dress Code: We were able to get it with jeans no problem.

• INT_man_of_Leisure's Profile Photo

Montreal Casino: Win a free dinner

by INT_man_of_Leisure Written Oct 8, 2005

We spent a few hours gambling. The environment was friendly and It was packed even for weekdays. Roulette, craps, blackjack, and a lot more spread across multiple floors The main floor has free pamphlets that teaches you all the different kind of gambling. I didn't want to leave at all since one tends to lose track of time when gambling. I ended up breaking even. When we left (well after midnight), people were just arriving. The dinning experience at Nuances was excellent. No wonder it is rated as one of the best restaurant in Canada with a 5 diamond rating. Expect to spend 2.5 hours for dinner and at least an equal amount on the gambling floors.

Dress Code: The casino has a dress code. Since we were having dinner at Nuances where jacket was required. I was not worried. No cut-off shirts, tank tops, jogging outfits, bike shorts, beachwear, motorcycle outfits.

• lotta29's Profile Photo

Montreal Casino: Montreal Casino

by lotta29 Updated Mar 16, 2005

Montreal Casino

If you like all the glitter and glam Montreal Casino is definitely worth a visit - even if you're not planning to gamble but just watch. This casino was the first one I've ever visited so I found it a really cool place! I kinda felt like I was in Ocean's 11 :P
    You have to be 18 to enter.

Dress Code: I guess you have to be wearing something a bit more fancy than a pair of shorts - I'm not sure thou...

• kala6487's Profile Photo

Montreal Casino: Where the action is

by kala6487 Written Jan 2, 2005

I'm not a big gambler, but our tour took us to the Casino for a few hours. The place was packed with people - more than I've ever seen at any one casino in Vegas. The building consists of many levels with elevators and escalators in the middle. Every square inch of floor space is filled with slot machines or gaming tables. It was impossible to move around there and most times you had to wait to get a decent machine.

We did find a bar tucked away in the corner and proceeded to drink overpriced but tasty cocktails served by pleasant bartenders.

The rest of the city by comparison was dead that night - it seemed everyone was at the casino.

Dress Code: We were told no sneakers or jeans, but I saw plenty of people violating the dress code. Why ban willing people with money to waste on gambling?

Instant Answers: Montreal